Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens (25535 Views)

Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu / Pressure Mounts On APC To Disqualify Obaseki From Guber Race - Thisday Newspaper / Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by ekestic1976(f): 8:50am On Jun 08, 2020
W
Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Blackmann001: 8:54am On Jun 08, 2020
Once they use the cert as a base, then PDP Don win b Dat.. Cuz they would return to court to continue their case of cert ingenuinty against obaseki from 2916 case... ND get a case.. Which will disqualify APC... ND giv to PDP

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by XXLMANDIGO: 8:56am On Jun 08, 2020
I was referring to Oshiomole. Hope the below helps.

ekestic1976:

What's the meaning of "being narcissistic", sir? How's it related to this thread?

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Levels1(m): 8:59am On Jun 08, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
There is a Popular Legal Maxim that you can't be a Judge in your own cause.

Why is Oshiomole as the National Chairman bent on being narcissistic and Immoral.

I hope he loses. angry
j

Same way the Governor is running from one pole to another. I except you to equally mention his name just as you mentioned Oshiomole own cause they are doing same thing.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Amdoyin(m): 9:00am On Jun 08, 2020
Shegs12345:
make oshiomole forgive dis man na
has he gone sober? You and I saw it when he was dishing bashes to the national chairman. He went too far

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Samylekey(m): 9:00am On Jun 08, 2020
Openbusiness:
Thickens kwa? grin May den add water naw. How e take consign us. When Obaseki dey chop money, e reach me? when Osho dey chop him own, he reach me? when edo APC chop der own, e reach me? when NWC APC dey chop der own, e reach me? But when e reach for problem sharing among themselves, they wan dey disturb Nigerians make dem share their problem give us. Abeg may una carry this nonsense useless news comot from my front this early monday morning before i throway you hot water grin

Your head get Oil My Man

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2020
Obaseki credential were cover up by Oshiomole in 2016 and Obaseki went and challenged him. What do you expect him to do?
He will give way so that Obaseki can defend himself. You should not bite the finger that is putting food in your mouth because if you do you may not know what it will put in your mouth next.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by spirul77: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2020
Trumpcard05:
Politics! Everyday it’s one deliberately planted news or the other against Obaseki. In attempt to weaken his position in the eyes of the public. What these people playing this type of politics don’t know is that, Edo people are discerning & not easily deceived and that they are only continuing to create more sympathy for Governor Obaseki, which only serve to increase his popularity.

We wait and see how they want to disqualify a man who has publicly stated he has no issues with his certificates, has been publicly acknowledged by the University in question as their alumni and whose groundswell of support right here in Edo state continues to grow by the day.
nobody said his UI certificate is fake, the issues are the discrepancies in dates etc

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by johnmattew: 9:01am On Jun 08, 2020
israelmao:
It's a showdown between Oshiomhole and Obaseki.
it's not a showdown..osho knows he can't win obaseki, so he is using this tactics

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by bishopmc(m): 9:02am On Jun 08, 2020
We we needed is a good government.
Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Samylekey(m): 9:02am On Jun 08, 2020
Oshiomole Obaseki Izamu APC Edo APC NWC
I don't freakkkkkking Care
Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by wink2015(m): 9:06am On Jun 08, 2020
IF APC PUSH OBASEKI OUT IT WILL LEAD TO LITIGATION IN THE COURT OF LAW.

IT WILL ALSO LEAD TO APC LOOSING EDO STATE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Monday60655(m): 9:09am On Jun 08, 2020
The game is getting very very interesting. Keep it up. Obaseki no gree oh! Oshiomole will you allow your boy to ride on you?
Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by LordKO(m): 9:11am On Jun 08, 2020
The governor is a poor student of conventional politics. A shrewd student of conventional politics in his stead ought to have known that in a setting, like in our country, where almost all politicians don't play politics of principle and conviction, including himself, a beneficiary of political order doesn't deny their benefactor both loyalty and gratitude at the same time. He ought to have remained grateful to comrade Osh. while withholding his loyalty immediately after he gave him reason to question his own loyalty towards him. He boxed himself, but it's a good thing as he has put a strong fight so far.

Once you play politics of expediency like that of principle and conviction, you'll get yourself boxed.

5 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by toogbasky(m): 9:12am On Jun 08, 2020
Nor be who ask for forgiveness them dey forgive?
Shegs12345:

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by tfelicityk(m): 9:17am On Jun 08, 2020
The governor should his claimed popularity to cross to another party of his choice...

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Angelfrost(m): 9:20am On Jun 08, 2020
ekestic1976:

What's the meaning of "being narcissistic", sir? How's it related to this thread?

He probably used it cos it sounded erudite!!! Meaning be damned!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Heffalump(m): 9:26am On Jun 08, 2020
.....thickens my left yah undecided
Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Jeroboy(m): 9:28am On Jun 08, 2020
Face of the Lady Who Went N@ked to the Market Just to Buy Her Phone Charger That Got People Talking

https://kicknaija.com.ng/2020/06/08/face-of-the-lady-who-went-nked-to-the-market-just-to-buy-her-phone-charger-that-got-people-talking/
Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by jaxxy(m): 9:35am On Jun 08, 2020
Obaseki is in a fashola situation during his 2nd term and tinubu wnated to stop him bt like fashola he will triumph.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by kayusely70(m): 9:35am On Jun 08, 2020
Thecvbankng:
It's going to be a great week for everyone reading this. Whether you're going to your business, your employer's office or even unemployed, it'll be a great one for all of us smiley
Amen

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by tommylee(m): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2020
All of u making noise about Obaseki, I don't just understand can anyone who states in Edo state just point out one of his achievements since he became govnor 4yrs ago.
I will never forget in a hurry when he first became govnor of Edo state and they released and article in the daily news papers through EDO JOBS about a job fair for indigenes of Edo state, i applied and was sent a text message to come with my CV. And I came all the way from Kaduna state to Edo wasted my hard earned money and time only for me to reach my state of origin to be used as part of the welcoming committee to welcome the VP who came to commission one stupid EDO HUB or something like dat.
Till today am still causing that man called Obaseki God will never forgivevhim for what he did to us dat day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by ogbonti: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2020
Shegs12345:

my brother - u don’t know short people

he forgets that the “fly wey no get legal adviser na him dey follow dead body enter grave”

leave am - when a dog wants to get lost, it will not listen to his owner’s whistle

Oshiomole is done and the people waiting to feast at his political funeral and refreshments party are plenty, just wait and see!
Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by ogbonti: 9:47am On Jun 08, 2020
pyyxxaro:
Oshiomole won do Obaseki wetin baba God do snake for bible embarassed

so Oshiomole na God abi?
Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by ogbonti: 9:52am On Jun 08, 2020
Esseite:
If he is disqualified, he might simply go to the opposition, clinch the ticket, while disputing his UI certificate in court.

Advantages:
Sympathy votes from "on the fence" voters
Empathy votes from APC
Overwhelming votes from PDP
Independent votes from haters of godfatherism

Obaseki has a higher edge..

God bless you - even an armed robber gets pitied when he is over punished in public - even here on nairaland, put a picture of an armed robber about to be killed, you will see an overwhelming response of “NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE” talk less of a governor whose only crime is that he didn’t CARRY PARTY LEADERS ALONG - aka SHARE THE MONEY”

hmmmm Oshiomole eye must clear - we go cure him craze!!!!

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by Zakarisammy(m): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2020
Shegs12345:

Let him go n beg Oshiomole first

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by ogbonti: 9:57am On Jun 08, 2020
Zico5:
Only in Nigeria u will see people claiming political positions as their heritage. Truly we deserve the kind of leaders we have as a country. The day our mentality changes is the day we are truly free from these cancerworms. who can ever imagine that Oshiomole, the former Labour leader who fought the government with zeal and vigour will become a parasite even worse than those he fought then.

If you want to know a man - give him power!

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by ogbonti: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2020
Blackmann001:
Once they use the cert as a base, then PDP Don win b Dat.. Cuz they would return to court to continue their case of cert ingenuinty against obaseki from 2916 case... ND get a case.. Which will disqualify APC... ND giv to PDP

Oshomole is even to destroy APC in Edo State just because of his hatred for Obaseki- he fails to realize that if the court upholds the certificate thing, Obaseki is removed, IZE IYAMU - although the flag bearer in 2016 will not get the position automatically. The PDP will instead swear in his running mate if that person is still in the PDP because as of the time the judgement is delivered- Ize Iyamu is no longer a PDP member

if you want to know where I am drawing this analysis from - revisit the case of Rotimi Amaechi and Celestine Omehia in Rivers State

The PDP won the election and not Ize Iyamu as a person - the party first, hmmmm - Osho is ready to “cut his nose to spite his face”

and since he is working against the APC in Edo State, why can’t the APC leaders remove him as the national chairman ?
Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by emperor863(m): 10:18am On Jun 08, 2020
Esseite:
If he is disqualified, he might simply go to the opposition, clinch the ticket, while disputing his UI certificate in court.

Advantages:
Empathy votes from APC

Obaseki will not get overwhelming votes from PDP because they have a candidate in the election

You can vote and elect Obaseki online like you did for Atiku, Saraki, Melaye etc but Obaseki knows the fire burning him. Unless he is forgiven by the owners of APC, he is gone.

Those hoping and wishing that what happened in Zamfara and Rivers state will play out in Edo are in for a big disappointment because no judge will invalidate a direct primary election. The primaries held for Rivers and Zamfara States were indirect primaries organized by different factions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by asobo: 10:22am On Jun 08, 2020
Esseite:

Advantages:
Empathy votes from APC

Gov Ortom is a clear case study of your above itemized advantage that will definitely work in favour of Gov Obaseki if he plays his cards well.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship: Plot To Disqualify Obaseki Thickens by OOJAY: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2020
Oshiomole now The Godfather of Edo state politics. The same man who claimed he was there to fight against godfatherism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Visits Seyi Makinde In Ibadan / Breaking: Bomb Blast Hits Maiduguri Market / PDP Campaigns With Transformer In Cross River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.