Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? (1236 Views)

Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? / NEDG: Kwankwaso Debates With Himself, As Obi, Tinubu, And Atiku Fail To Show Up / Did Atiku Break Civil Service Commission Rules? (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Many stimulators predicated his victory on him dividing the votes from the core north that is him getting 35% from the north west with the help of kwankwaso and tambuwal and lamido and winning the north central.he was also expected to win the north east or get 45% there while getting at least 90% from ss and se.

Instead he got 26% in the north west,29% in the northeast,lost the north central and south west narrowly.buhari who was expected not to get up to 10% in the ss and se got 32% in the ss and 20% in the east.I wonder what happened.no one should mention rigging because there was more rigging in 2015

Mynd44
Kinematics
Gavelslam
Caseless
Blackking98
Sionkpo1
Ekpeitit
Garfield
Juliusmalema
Jasonscoolari
Vedaxcool
Afamed
Kyase
Ceowaltz
Quota system
Helinues
Metaphysical
Engineetboat
Fergie
Kenturkey
Agboriotejoye
Moventist
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by BetterPoison: 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nigeria is a very strange country.

With the massive hate towards Buhari by SE when we were edging close to the presidential elections, one would think the SE was going to give Atiku 95% votes. I was surprised to see Buhari had more votes in the SE and SS

Atiku couldn't dominate the North because rumour had it that he lost his own polling unit

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by Kingspin(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
The same trick used to alter GEJ was reapplied during the last general election but the consideration was more in the North this time.

Those you plan to rule Nigeria must do that by every means of "meanness" Buhari reaffirms that during his second term.

Imo and Kogi state was another example.

Jonathan did bad yes! but there were several improvements regarding election under his watch.

We lost improvement after Jaga left.

The new INEC lead by Yakubu had not followed through.

Could you agree with me that nearly all the state elections had one issue or another including the general elections?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by Ayed44: 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
senatordave1:
Many stimulators predicated his victory on him dividing the votes from the core north that is him getting 35% from the north west with the help of kwankwaso and tambuwal and lamido and winning the north central.he was also expected to win the north east or get 45% there while getting at least 90% from ss and se.

Instead he got 26% in the north west,29% in the northeast,lost the north central and south west narrowly.buhari who was expected not to get up to 10% in the ss and se got 32% in the ss and 20% in the east.I wonder what happened.no one should mention rigging because there was more rigging in 2015

Mynd44
Kinematics
Gavelslam
Caseless
Blackking98
Sionkpo1
Ekpeitit
Garfield
Juliusmalema
Jasonscoolari
Vedaxcool
Afamed
Kyase
Ceowaltz
Quota system
Helinues
Metaphysical
Engineetboat
Fergie
Kenturkey
Agboriotejoye
Moventist
The election was massively rigged in the north with the aid of the powerful Federal might. And Atiku has no Federal might.

I hope that answers your question.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2020
BetterPoison:
Nigeria is a very strange country.

With the massive hate towards Buhari by SE when we were edging close to the presidential elections, one would think the SE was going to give Atiku 95% votes. I was surprised to see Buhari had more votes in the SE and SS

It was not surprising.the signs were they but they chose to ignore it.right from 2007,buhari votes in the se was increasing gradually.in 2007 it was less than 20,000.in 2011 it was about 50,000 while pdp got 4.9 million.in 2015 it increased to 200,000 without notable support in the east and pdp got 2.4 million.in 2019 with more support and federal might,it just had to increase natural since buhari opponent was a northerner while atiku own had to reduce

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by Azmanaty: 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
He's not from Northern Nigeria. He's from Cameroon.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ayed44:
The election was massively rigged in the north with the aid of the powerful Federal might. And Atiku has no Federal might.

That is a lie.buhari had less votes in the north last year than he did in 2015.if there was massive rigging,it should have increased.and if atiku had massive support up north,they would have resisted rigging

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by Kingspin(m): 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
senatordave1:

That is a lie.buhari had less votes in the north last year than he did in 2015.if there was massive rigging,it should have increased.and if atiku had massive support up north,they would have resisted rigging
In 2015 Buhari was more popular and won I agree.

In 2019, believe me, that popular want down how come the gap between him and Atiku was tripple
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kingspin:
In 2015 Buhari was more popular and won I agree.

In 2019, believe me, that popular want down how come the

Atiku too was not that popular

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by Kingspin(m): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
senatordave1:

A two terms vice President is not popular

Are you joking? Atiku is popular. Know the meaning of popular.

As Buhari integrity overflow, he rejected the election table change and till date the election reform is still in his drawer.

I urge him to sign the bill both APC and PDP others stand to benefit
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Brutai will not be there again in 2023 to rig with his army! Get that clear!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ayed44:

Without massive rigging Buhari would not win. Govt security agencies were used to rig the election. The same plan APC has for Tinubu in 2023. But I doubt if Brutai will deliver this time around
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kingspin:
A two terms vice President is not popular

Are you joking? Atiku is popular. Know the meaning of popular.

As Buhari integrity overflow, he rejected the election table change and till date the election reform is still in his drawer.

I urge him to sign the bill both APC and PDP others stand to benefit

A lot of people dislike atiku.compared to gej,atiku is not that popular
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
Subsea:

Did you see the army rigging?
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
Subsea:

Without massive rigging Buhari would not win. Govt security agencies were used to rig the election. The same plan APC has for Tinubu in 2023. But I doubt if Brutai will deliver this time around

Which govt security agency rigged? Give examples please.northerners massively prefer buhari to atiku

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by BlowYourMind: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
Even Kano rabiu kwamkwaso of the PDP worked against Atiku, which shows the loyalty of the North lies with Buhari even the like of IBB

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by fergie001: 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Forget what you hear everywhere.....Put the Northerners to another elections, they will vote Buhari again.

No Northerner living can command votes than he. Put that to the fact, he also has the power of incumbency.

On a good day, with another person on the ballot, Atiku could have stood a chance....Not with Buhari.

The NE, Adamawa precisely, has the highest number of political appointees after Ogun State in this administration. So there was a consciousness to deliver from Yobe, Borno & Gombe, and show appreciation one way or the other.

The news that you must show cause why 2023 should be given to you, spurred politicians from the SS & SE. Once 2023 approaches, they intend to pooh-pooh assertion that the SW is in the leading race by telling them that we produced for Buhari than you did.

Again, the SEners and most SSners don't vote excepting for guber elections, let's be honest. Majority might care but don't vote. Since you don't vote, the political players who hope to prove a point to Mr. President why they have a stake in 2023....had to use that avenue to impose the elections.

PS: You, however can't isolate RIGGING from our elections.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by babyfaceafrica: 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2020
fergie001:
Forget what you hear everywhere.....Put the Northerners to another elections, they will vote Buhari again.

No Northerner living can command votes than he. Put that to the fact, he also has the power of incumbency.

On a good day, with another person on the ballot, Atiku could have stood a chance....Not with Buhari.

The NE, Adamawa precisely, has the highest number of political appointees after Ogun State in this administration. So there was a consciousness to deliver from Yobe, Borno & Gombe, and show appreciation one way or the other.

The news that you must show cause why 2023 should be given to you, spurred politicians from the SS & SE. Once 2023 approaches, they intend to pooh-pooh assertion that the SW is in the leading race by telling them that we produced for Buhari than you did.

Again, the SEners and most Assets don't vote excepting for guber elections, let's be honest. Majority might care but don't vote. Since you don't vote, the political players who hope to prove a point to Mr. President why they have a stake in 2023....had to use that avenue to impose the elections.

both parties rjggedy

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2020
fergie001:

Again, the SEners and most Assets don't vote excepting for guber elections, let's be honest. Majority might care but don't vote. Since you don't vote, the political players who hope to prove a point to Mr. President why they have a stake in 2023....had to use that avenue to impose the elections.

Word
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by fergie001: 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
senatordave1:

Word
You can see how they are visiting OUK.......It might not be OUK as the choice but they are sending a message......
Abia legislators visited.
Senate visited.
Okorocha & wife visited.
Surprisingly, Ekweremadu also visited.

It is a common fight and they are going as a block, irrespective of party.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by fergie001: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
both parties rjggedy
That one na normal nah....
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
fergie001:

You can see how they are visiting OUK.......It might not be OUK as the choice but they are sending a message......
Abia legislators visited.
Senate visited.
Okorocha & wife visited.
Surprisingly, Ekweremadu also visited.

It is a common fight and they are going as a block, irrespective of party.

But corona infested ikpeazu,abaribe and t.a orji haven't visited.
I have always believed that ouk arguably is the number one south east politician in apc and the north is favourably disposed to him even more than okorocha and umahi.if power will be zoned to the east,the north will certainly not ignore him.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by fergie001: 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
senatordave1:

But corona infested ikpeazu,abaribe and t.a orji haven't visited.
I have always believed that ouk arguably is the number one south east politician in apc and the north is favourably disposed to him even more than okorocha and umahi.if power will be zoned to the east,the north will certainly not ignore him.
Who is Ikpeazu?
He has no political clout outside his Ngwa bloc....calling Ikpeazu is like calling Ambode or Sanwo-Olu who have no clout outside their streets.

Has Achuba visited Yahaya Bello?

Why should Abaribe visit OUK?
OUK disgraced him, planned to impeach him till he hurriedly resigned, ran to ANPP and lost to OUK in the 2003 guber elections.
Everyone knows the story about Ochendo & OUK.

Abaribe & Ochendo have no use of OUK in their own politics. They have their own zones locked down. Ochendo (Papa Ukwu) has stated that after 2023, he is leaving politics.

They don't hate him, but if you know OUK....he uses every avenue to assert and launder himself. The day they go to visit him...You will see on igberetv or daily Sun (TA Orji begs OUK), (Please forgive me, Ochendo begs), etc.

Afterall, Ochendo sent his boy, Hon.Sam Onuigbo in the HoR to go visit him which he did.

So, they see no need since OUK cannot be a conduit to National success, what's the point.

Do you know what OUK did in the '80s in the North?
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by fergie001: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
senatordave1:

On a head to head, outside any other influence of incumbency or office......there is no politician connection-wise, financial-wise, popular-wise, manpower-wise, greater than Atiku Abubakar...bar Tinubu.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by toolovely(m): 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
It's because there was no election in Nigeria in 2019... What we had was INEC announcing results APC wrote...
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
fergie001:

Who is Ikpeazu?
He has no political clout outside his Ngwa bloc....calling Ikpeazu is like calling Ambode or Sanwo-Olu who have no clout outside their streets.

Has Achuba visited Yahaya Bello?

Why should Abaribe visit OUK?
OUK disgraced him, planned to impeach him till he hurriedly resigned, ran to ANPP and lost to OUK in the 2003 guber elections.
Everyone knows the story about Ochendo & OUK.

Abaribe & Ochendo have no use of OUK in their own politics. They have their own zones locked down. Ochendo (Papa Ukwu) has stated that after 2023, he is leaving politics.

They don't hate him, but if you know OUK....he uses every avenue to assert and launder himself. The day they go to visit him...You will see on igberetv or daily Sun (TA Orji begs OUK), (Please forgive me, Ochendo begs), etc.

Afterall, Ochendo sent his boy, Hon.Sam Onuigbo in the HoR to go visit him which he did.

So, they see no need since OUK cannot be a conduit to National success, what's the point.

Do you know what OUK did in the '80s in the North?

I don't actually agree with you that abaribe and ochendo have their zones lockdown esp ochendo.he usually loses in his umuahia zone but manages to create votes from the ngwa bloc of abia central which are isialangwa north and south and osisioma.in a free and fair poll, he won't win any LGA.ouk is the only real,grassrooted that doesn't need rigging to win.I don't know why abia likes producing anti people politicians.

I don't really know much about abaribe's prowess in abia south but I know he lost to nkwonta chris before rigged obingwa saved him in2015 and 2019.in a free and fair poll,apga will dust him as aba north and south and ukwa east and west always vote nkwonta.ukwa has been marginalized for a long time since 2007.abaribe must not contest in 2023.as ngwa has governorship,ukwa should have the senate seat just as it was done in abia central
On the contrary,they need ouk.I still wonder how Sam onuigbo won umuahia
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2020
toolovely:
It's because there was no election in Nigeria in 2019... What we had was INEC announcing results APC wrote...

The election of 2019 was the best since 1999
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by fergie001: 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
senatordave1:

I don't actually agree with you that abaribe and ochendo have their zones lockdown esp ochendo.he usually loses in his umuahia zone but manages to create votes from the ngwa bloc of abia central which are isialangwa north and south and osisioma.in a free and fair poll, he won't win any LGA.ouk is the only real,grassrooted that doesn't need rigging to win.I don't know why abia likes producing anti people politicians.
I don't want any argument.
If Ochendo contests 10 times, he will win 11 times....he has no opposition.

There is no opposition in Abia Central..You want to contest against Chinedu's father in Abia, are you mad? That's what they will ask you.

So in Lagos, you want to contest against Tinubu's candidate?

Forget it, please.

Well, you can speak for your State and not Abia.
Anybody who tells you OUK doesn't rig elections is a terrible and unfortunate liar....he didn't rig and he won in Abia?
They all rig.

I don't have time for small talk abeg.
I don't really know much about abaribe's prowess in abia south but I know he lost to nkwonta chris before rigged obingwa saved him in2015 and 2019.in a free and fair poll,apga will dust him as aba north and south and ukwa east and west always vote nkwonta.ukwa has been marginalized for a long time since 2007.abaribe must not contest in 2023.as ngwa has governorship,ukwa should have the senate seat just as it was done in abia central
On the contrary,they need ouk.I still wonder how Sam onuigbo won umuahia
I was in Umuahia the day before the primaries for Onuigbo and a woman (can't remember her name), she is from Ossah-Ibeku.

It was cash-and-carry by Ochendo's son.
Most of you outside don't know that Ochendo doesn't play Politics...Everything in Abia is his son, Chinedu.
Chinedu is the Commander, not his father.

They simply disenfranchised the woman because her loyalty isn't sure. Onuigbo has been Commissioner twice and they know him.
Chinedu brought millions of naira into the Primaries, and Onuigbo practically went on his knees.

In Abia, there are no rules just like anywhere. Ikwuano/Umuahia shares the HoR-seat. Infact, Onuigbo is the first person from that zone to do two terms.

Loyalty is more respected than rules...ask the Oniru of Iruland.

For Abaribe..Yes...It should have gone to the Ukwa bloc. Since Wabara left there, the Ukwans haven't had representation.

Again, the Wabaras are the strongest politicians there but whilst fmr Senate President Wabara is a BoT member of the PDP...his brother is a major financier of APGA.

So, its all politics....If Abaribe choose to contest again...he will win.
The Ngwa-bloc has heavy votes and with his sympathies for Nnamdi Kanu...Nobody will beat him.

Outside 3 LGAs in Abia State....OUK is like any Abian.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by oyatz(m): 3:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
That mean there won't be rigging in 2023?

Subsea:
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
fergie001:

I don't want any argument.
If Ochendo contests 10 times, he will win 11 times....he has no opposition.

There is no opposition in Abia Central..You want to contest against Chinedu's father in Abia, are you mad? That's what they will ask you.

So in Lagos, you want to contest against Tinubu's candidate?

Forget it, please.

Well, you can speak for your State and not Abia.
Anybody who tells you OUK doesn't rig elections is a terrible and unfortunate liar....he didn't rig and he won in Abia?
They all rig.

I don't have time for small talk abeg.

I was in Umuahia the day before the primaries for Onuigbo and a woman (can't remember her name), she is from Ossah-Ibeku.

It was cash-and-carry by Ochendo's son.
Most of you outside don't know that Ochendo doesn't play Politics...Everything in Abia is his son, Chinedu.
Chinedu is the Commander, not his father.

They simply disenfranchised the woman because her loyalty isn't sure. Onuigbo has been Commissioner twice and they know him.
Chinedu brought millions of naira into the Primaries, and Onuigbo practically went on his knees.

In Abia, there are no rules just like anywhere. Ikwuano/Umuahia shares the HoR-seat. Infact, Onuigbo is the first person from that zone to do two terms.

Loyalty is more respected than rules...ask the Oniru of Iruland.

For Abaribe..Yes...It should have gone to the Ukwa bloc. Since Wabara left there, the Ukwans haven't had representation.

Again, the Wabaras are the strongest politicians there but whilst fmr Senate President Wabara is a BoT member of the PDP...his brother is a major financier of APGA.

So, its all politics....If Abaribe choose to contest again...he will win.
The Ngwa-bloc has heavy votes and with his sympathies for Nnamdi Kanu...Nobody will beat him.

Outside 3 LGAs in Abia State....OUK is like any Abian.

Ouk won arochukwu.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by ORIENTATION101: 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
Atiku is popular but doesnt have political grassroot base in north. Atiku appeals to only the northern Elites. Buhari appeal to the northern masses. The northern Elites dont really like Buhari, almost all the northern Elites were against his re-election ,they know the masses is behind him so there is nothing they can do to help Atiku defeat him.
Sultan of sokoto, ex Emir of kano, Arewa forum ,northern elders e.t.c silently work against Buhari.
Sultan of sokoto was lucky tambuwal won his reelection he would have been dethroned and sent on exile like sanusi if APC won sokoto.
Re: Why Did Atiku Fail To Divide The Northern Votes? by senatordave1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Atiku is popular but doesnt have political grassroot base in north. Atiku appeals to only the northern Elites. Buhari appeal to the northern masses. The northern Elites dont really like Buhari, almost all the northern Elites were against his re-election ,they know the masses is behind him so there is nothing they can do to help Atiku defeat him.
Sultan of sokoto, ex Emir of kano, Arewa forum ,northern elders e.t.c silently work against Buhari.
Sultan of sokoto was lucky tambuwal won his reelection he would have been dethroned and sent on exile like sanusi if APC won sokoto.

You have finished it,master of political orientation

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC NWC Declares Giadom’s Seat Vacant / Coined From The South Africa,ghana VS Nigeria Thread (thumbs Down). / Video : Votes Buying in Progress By PDP In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.