Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Nollywood Actor, Ibrahim Suleiman, Speaks About Career And Finding Love - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Actor, Ibrahim Suleiman, Speaks About Career And Finding Love (425 Views)

Ibrahim Suleiman: Why I Cohabited With My Wife, Linda Ejiofor Before Marriage / Ibrahim Suleiman And Linda Ejiofor's Traditional Wedding Photos / Linda Ejiofor And Ibrahim Suleiman Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actor, Ibrahim Suleiman, Speaks About Career And Finding Love by Abaidaboss: 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
Q. What was your childhood like?

My childhood was interesting. I was raised by my Mom, along with my 2 younger siblings. Watching my mom make decisions everyday that put everyone into consideration helped me learn to be kind, compassionate, and hardworking. We were an average family but she made sure we got the best of all the basics, so we always felt loved and provided for.

b]
Q. You studied architecture and made a career out of dancing. What was your parents’ reaction to this decision?[/b]

My mother was always a huge fan of providing the basics (sound moral, spiritual and academic education, balanced social life, etc) and trusting that with all she had taught us, we would more often than not, do the right thing. So she was very supportive, and even attended some of my shows to watch me perform live on stage. As long as I had my degree(s), she was fine.

Q. There’s a good number of tags to your name, please tell us about that.
Lol the truth is, I just see myself as someone who likes to try out new forms of expression. Fortunately, people somehow find ways to pay me to express myself. So I do work as an Architect/Choreographer/Visual Artist/Voice Over Artiste/TV Presenter/Actor, etc.

It is a lot of fun, to be honest. And I am very grateful for all the opportunities I get.

Q. How do you find a balance to actively do these things?
The great thing about it is, not all of these opportunities are active at the same time. The most stable ones are Architecture, Acting, and Visual Art. The others pop up maybe once a month or even once a quarter.

Q. What was your acting career like before Tinsel?
I actually never acted a single scene in my life before I got in Tinsel. Tinsel was my first ever acting gig, and they knew this before signing me on. I will always be grateful to them for taking a chance on a total newbie.

Q. You’re popularly known as the ‘man in the box’ for MTN SMEs campaign. Please tell us about the experience.
That is probably the most fun project I’ve ever been involved in. I enjoyed every moment of it, and it opened my eyes to another dimension of advertising. It was phenomenal.

Q. Why are you also referred to as Quest?
I am a member of a faith-based, non-governmental youth organization called Youth With A Purpose (YWAP) we have a dance department called SoulQuest, and I served as it’s leader for 16 years, as “CaptainQuest”. So over time, people just referred to me as “Quest”

Q. You’re happily married to Linda, can you tell us how you met?
Linda and I met each other a number of times over a few years at events and stuff. We would always say hi and exchange brief pleasantries. But we struck up a friendship in December 2015 whilst working on a project together for a theatre production.

We remained very close friends until we became castmates on Tinsel in early 2017 and developed feelings from there. It was all very organic and simple.

Nothing stressful or forced. It happened very comfortably and I think that’s because we were both looking for true friendship and got true love as a bonus.

Q. Most challenging thing about being you?
I doubt myself too much. Which is why I am super grateful to my inner circle for always seeing me as better than I see myself.

Q. What should we expect to see from you in the coming years?
I’m working towards becoming a filmmaker. As a director. I also will be doing art exhibitions (solo and collaborative), Maybe I’ll even be hosting one of Africa’s biggest shows on tv too. I dey look God hand sha, We’ll see.

Q. Finally, describe yourself in three words
Creative, Loyal, Humane.

SOURCE: https://sequlsquid.com/your-fav-ibrahim-suleiman-speaks-about-career-and-love/

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Is More Racist Than White Supremacist — Reno Omokri / Tekno And Mr Eazi Stake N100m Over Fight / Nigeria Embassy Building In Ghana Demolished By An Unknown Businessman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.