Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Why I Prefer To Work For Foreign Clients On Upwork - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Prefer To Work For Foreign Clients On Upwork (380 Views)

Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks / FREELANCERS: Here's A Working Strategy For Snagging Quality Clients On LINKEDIN / How To Make A Decent Income Writing For Clients On Linkedin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Prefer To Work For Foreign Clients On Upwork by Joycediamond74: 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
In the next few minutes, you will be able to discover ONE tiny secret that can supercharge your income for the remaining parts of 2020...

but wait a minute! You don't have to read on if you are already comfortable with your current income.

When I first dived into copywriting, I was much eager to get clients as soon as possible. I would quickly pick writing jobs from Naija platforms and charge as low as #2,000 per advert copies, blog posts and contents. I would spend nights carrying out competitors research, carve engaging contents, carry out unlimited revisions and give free consultations.

It was modern day slavery.

Most of my clients will joyfully return to say "Joyce, you are a good copywriter, I made more sales", or Joyce, the content was really engaging". But I was suffocating financially.

Until I was introduced to International platforms like upwork and fiverr. Menn! It was then I realized that we are underpaid in Nigeria (no offense please). The foreigners pay so much, with less revisions or disturbance whereas those clients in Naija here will stress the hell out of you for kobo kobo.

Let me show you something.
If you have a skill and you don't know how to use it to earn in dollar yet, you do your self so much INJUSTICE. You know why?
If you save #1 daily, at the end of 365 days, which is one year, you would have not been able to accumulate $1 (#440). Imagine that!

This applies to your physical products business as well. Don't always try to beat down the prices of your goods and services just because you want more sales. If people can't afford it, check your marketing algorithm, maybe you are targeting the wrong audience. If it is possible, create a platform that services standard and premium. When people can't afford premium, let them go for standard.

International platforms have made me understand the importance of my skills. Now I can comfortably charge as low as #15, 000 for short copies with no apology because I know you will be glad to get the results my copies will give you.
And you know what? These platforms are not limited to copywriters alone. Are you into human resources management, customer service, graphics design, animation, journalism....just name it, Upwork has got you.

Always strive to earn in dollar..when you convert your pay to naira, you will be blushing each time your alerts hit your phone.

Feel free to slide into my DM if you would want to know more.
/2348050528963

Till I reach you again.
©Joyx C.N

(1) (Reply)

Will This Affect Me On Fivver / Are You Looking For A Steady Source Of Income? Join My Team As We Earn $12 Daily / Get Your Pussy So Wet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.