Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Help! My Air Bag - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Air Bag (1712 Views)

I am in Need of 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Air Bag Clock Spring / Toyota, Ford, Honda Expands Takata Air Bag Recall In Japan, China / Air Bag Accident - Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Air Bag by rhythyson: 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2011
PLEASE good people of NL is it possible for you to have a faulty air bag and there is no indication on the dash board? well just incase, what is the average cost of repairing or reactivating or rather total replace of air bags, the car is 2007 honda accord. help please, i don't have the kind money honda place is asking for only check up, cheers undecided undecided
Re: Help! My Air Bag by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2011
I'm not clear on this. What's wrong with your airbag? You mention "Just in case". Do you mean what it cost to replace in the unfortunate event of an accident? undecided
Re: Help! My Air Bag by rhythyson: 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2011
@ siena yes some one said the airbag is not working but i dont see any sign to show me but just incase the guy is right what is the cost of fixing it?
Re: Help! My Air Bag by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2011
rhythyson:

@ siena yes some one said the airbag is not working but i dont see any sign to show me but just incase the guy is right what is the cost of fixing it?

A faulty airbag will show on your dash display. How can this guy tell your airbag isn't working? I think he's pulling your leg, not being honest with you, and trying to con you out of your hard-earned dough.

Your airbag's fine, I'm willing to bet. Drive your car, and enjoy it!
Re: Help! My Air Bag by Osama10(m): 2:31am On Jan 24, 2011
Siena:

A faulty airbag will show on your dash display. How can this guy tell your airbag isn't working? I think he's pulling your leg, not being honest with you, and trying to con you out of your hard-earned dough.

Your airbag's fine, I'm willing to bet. Drive your car, and enjoy it!

Yeah, very true.

If it was faulty the light should be up.
Re: Help! My Air Bag by rhythyson: 9:07am On Jan 24, 2011
@ Siena thank you so much grin grin @ osama God bless you, cheesy cheesy cheesy. i just don't understand why people can't stop cheating ! shocked shocked sad shocked
Re: Help! My Air Bag by tdie: 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2011
Sometimes some dealers totally disconnect the airbag light-so it never lights up-even when faulty
Re: Help! My Air Bag by rhythyson: 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2011
@ t-die so u suggest i should have a comprehensive check then, but the issue is the cost of fixing just incase you are right, do u have an idea how much it will cost to repair a faulty air bad then? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Help! My Air Bag by tdie: 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2011
I think that would be the best, apart from the scan though, the airbag light should come on for a few seconds before going off anytime you start the car-at least my car does that! (this shows that the airbag is working well)-if the light does not go off, then you have a problem!!
I stand to be corrected though-I'm no auto-mechanic
Re: Help! My Air Bag by rhythyson: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2011
@ t-die i will try and check if my airbag light normally comes up for few second when i start the car, but pls is that a standard procedure for all cars??

(1) (Reply)

How Far Can ' Auto-rewires' Really Go? / Toyota Rav4 Vs Honda CR-V [PHOTO] / How Can I Get A Drivers License In Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.