Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Air Bag Accident - Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Air Bag Accident - Help (1946 Views)

I am in Need of 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Air Bag Clock Spring / Toyota, Ford, Honda Expands Takata Air Bag Recall In Japan, China / Help! My Air Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Bag Accident - Help by jdiadem: 9:51am On Aug 29, 2011
Dear all please assist on this

my friend's honda baby boy 2001 model was involved in an accident and the air bag got deployed.
please how do we replace the air bag and be certain it's functional
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by Lexusgs430: 10:31am On Aug 29, 2011
Is the airbag warning light on the dashboard permanently illuminated ?
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by jdiadem: 10:48am On Aug 29, 2011
Sure,
the airbag light is permanently on in the dashboard.
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by Lexusgs430: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2011
Once you replace all faulty and deployed parts, take out battery for 5 minutes, this resets the system. Once battery is replaced, the airbags light should only illuminate on start - up. If light still remains permanently on, it is obvious that it wasn't properly done.
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by cretin: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2011
only a certified car place can replace the air bag,& it aint cheap,

doing it it one thing, doing it right is another issue, some car shops might just stuff ur airbag back n replace the plastic, and tell you that it has been replaced, but when an accident happens, the airbag wudnt deploy, replacing the airbag is a complex ops.
try honda place if they hv the equipment.
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by Emperoh(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
Replacing a deployed airbag in USA is almost $1k
Doing it in Nigeria with them dealers i can assure you won't go below N200k

If they do it properly with the right equipment, then you are good to go
But will you pay for such an amount for the device?

The worth of your car will tell!!
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by baconline(m): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2011
all u need to change is the airbag sensor after u have replaced the airbags,reset the system whalllllllllllaaaaaa.After each deployment the sensors need to be changed
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by bfire(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
^^^
That's your answer right there.
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
baconline:

all u need to change is the airbag sensor after u have replaced the airbags,reset the system whalllllllllllaaaaaa.After each deployment the sensors need to be changed

Wonderfully said . . . . .
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by Friedbeans: 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
This really concerns me because my air bag light indicator suddenly started showing permanently on the dash board without any deployement or accident. Please what could be the cause. Its a 2004 corolla
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by baconline(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2011
Friedbeans:

This really concerns me because my air bag light indicator suddenly started showing permanently on the dash board without any deployement or accident. Please what could be the cause. Its a 2004 corolla
check your sensors or the wiring leading to them
Re: Air Bag Accident - Help by ambyzown(m): 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2011
I have a 2001 nissan maxima that started flashing the Airbag lights after I steam washed my engine. I performed SRS diagnosis using the car's in built diagnostic system and it points to a malfunctioning crash zone sensor. Problem is I can't find one to buy. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (Reply)

Ringing Of Engine / Review: 2018 Toyota Camry SE 2.5L / FX35 Electrician Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.