Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. (1841 Views)

My Wife Refused To Block The Guy She Cheated With / What I Did When My Wife Refused My Sexual Advancement For 7 Months / My Niece Said My Husband Got Her Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Professorcplus(m): 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
With this kinds of story everywhere I wonder what's the purpose of getting married.
Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Wetlink: 6:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
The man must be high on some cheap weed.

His reaction is nonsensical. He should just return to the days of Slave trade naa Ode.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Wetlink: 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
ProfAmaben:
This is very wrong. So it's only men that should include their spouse's name on purchased property not the other way around? I thought men and women are equal?

Men buy properties in their wives name?? Lol this is new grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by ProfAmaben(m): 7:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ariza:
These are your claims that can't be verified but you are very entitled to it.

However let's not act like it's a common act, in a society where majority of couples will rather have their children as their next of kins , your claims is one kind . But then there is always an exception.

Of course it can be verified but of what use is it to me to lie on a forum I use as a past-time?
Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Of course it can be verified but of what use is it to me to lie on a forum I use as a past-time?
Lol.... I have allowed you have your opinion, I'm not one to start dragging issues on a Forum.

However I won't accept it's a common practice because reality says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by izzou(m): 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ariza:
As a matter of fact most men in my community exhibit that guy's character. So you have your answer.

But how many men do otherwise? convince me.

How many men are in your community? What's the age range?

I'm not saying you're entirely wrong, but if you say Men hardly do that, I expect to see some research and proof from you, and not "your community"?
Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by lilyheaven: 7:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
ProfAmaben:
This is very wrong. So it's only men that should include their spouse's name on purchased property not the other way around? I thought men and women are equal?
He said no
Only his name grin
Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by bukatyne(f): 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ariza:
grin grin grin

Funny enough those two may last longer than any sensible person will think.

Naso them go rock themselves till death do them part.

Well, it is a typical Nigerian marriage, always trying to outsmart themselves.

They lack the definition of sacrifice, oneness, unity and love.

They never see themselves as a team hence will tag with anything or anyone than themselves to fight the battles of life.

That's why any advise to reflect the ideals above is rebuffed as slavish, mumuish, anti-woman, anti-men, anti-human, anti-everything.

How can a wife sleep comfortably beside a husband she does not trust to 'have her back' because they do not have kids? Are they not a team?

How can a husband in good conscience and everything moral ask his wife to document him as the sole owner of a property she single handedly bought?

If he said joint ownership, I would say he was upholding the ideal of oneness if he was going to reciprocate.

See people saying she is right to buy the land in her name only because it is her money. The husband was the one that did the whole hustling o!

What is the difference between the above and a husband who thinks his wife did not have any impact in his life/do anything because she was an housewife?

Toor.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by LordKO(m): 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
bukatyne:

They never see themselves as a team hence will tag with anything or anyone than themselves to fight the battles of life.

That's why any advise to reflect the ideals above is rebuffed as slavish, mumuish, anti-woman, anti-men, anti-human, anti-everything.

How can a wife sleep comfortably beside a husband she does not trust to 'have her back' because they do not have kids? Are they not a team?

How can a husband in good conscience and everything moral ask his wife to document him as the sole owner of a property she single handedly bought?

If he said joint ownership, I would say he was upholding the ideal of oneness if he was going to reciprocate.

See people saying she is right to buy the land in her name only because it is her money. The husband was the one that did the whole hustling o!

What is the difference between the above and a husband who thinks his wife did not have any impact in his life/do anything because she was an housewife?

Toor.

Enter a winery nearest to you and tell them to give you a trailer load of wine of your choice. The bill is on my head.
Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Toor.

Seriously I'm not surprised, I've seen worst cases one of the reasons I dread marriage but I try to sensibly limit it to marrying the wrong person.

Typical Nigerian MARRIAGE is something else entirely. In it you will hardly find Empathy and selflessness it is draining abeg. What baffles me though is how most are able to keep it together till old age but looking deep I realize it takes lots of forgiveness, sweeping under carpet, directing attention to children rather than spouse and so many unhealthy sacrifices. They hardly love and most are just so selfish.

But I believe younger generations are better, at least they are getting some things right so all hope isn't lost. Lol those were the words of my MaMa and I think she's right, We are getting there. If we are to investigate the couples in the screenshot they would probably be in their late forties. Because I can't imagine such level of entitlement in this generation.

1 Like

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Saintmary(f): 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
Romangalactic:

Are you sure you really want this? Na women go suffer am pass na cheesy Even cococandy will not agree to this type of gender equality
Everyone should work.
This method will make females more serious with academics and work, but you guys won't like it, no more slaves for you. No more deception on either side.

1 Like

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Saintmary(f): 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Toor.

This man's case is different, he sleeps around.
An unfaithful husband is not to be trusted with anything!

5 Likes

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Mariangeles(f): 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
Saintmary:

Everyone should hold on to their properties, male and female.
Everyone should write wills of their own, stating the handing over of their properties to their kids once the children are born.
That is equality.

What is the point of marriage then?
Just for sex and children

1 Like

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Mariangeles(f): 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
When humans decide to change the rules, "He that sits in the heavens shall laugh..."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Mariangeles(f): 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Fact is so many couples have lost the Foundation on which The institution of Marriage was Formed!

The Foundation of Marriage of this Generation has been altered, so what we have is a kind of Try your luck Scheme in Homes..

I won't say if the Woman is right or the Husband is wrong but until we go back to the Guidelines that GOD ALMIGHTY gave us when He created the institution of Marriage, we will keep Hearing things as this.

Any Man and Woman Who desire a Real Good and Faithful Home need to Adhere to the Principle of Marriage as Given by God in
Eph 5:22-28.

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Outside this, there is Nothing else.

An ambassador for Christ.
I pray to have your kind of boldness to preach the gospel.
Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Righteousness89(m): 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

An ambassador for Christ.
I pray to have your kind of boldness to preach the gospel.

Thanks! We Give The Glory to GOD ALMIGHTY!
Not by Might! Nor by Power or skill! By My Spirit says the LORD.

I Pray For you, A Greater Boldness and Anointing Cone upon you Massively in JESUS NAME

1 Like

Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by Saintmary(f): 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

What is the point of marriage then?
Just for sex and children
A good man will love his wife if her properties are acquired in their children's names. Likewise for a good woman.
Only spouses with ulterior evil motives will raise eyebrows over decisions like this.
If you have a good heart and you are blessed with a good spouse, these things should not be a problem.
Re: Husband Got Angry Because Wife Refused To Put His Name In The Property She Got. by frozen70(f): 2:07am On Jun 09, 2020
laosy:
I was going through normal trends on Twitter today, but a story got my attention on postsubman timeline about the story of an husband who got angry when he found out that the wife didn't put her name in the documents of the land she bought. The woman gave her reason that she hasn't gotten any kid for him hence she's still liable to be kick out of his house when things turn sour and moreover the man didn't contribute a dime in the money of about #7.2million.

So I brought it here on nairaland to know what you guys think about this. Check screenshots below;

Women take such decisions base on the fact that most times the husband does not have her interest at heart

In her own case, she is yet to birth a child and she is very sure that one day she will be asked to leave because of the absence of children

So she us trying to secure her future in case it happens, she will not be losing on both ends

In other words, she doesn't know her faith in that marriage

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sister My Enemy / Would You Marry An In-law Of Yours? / 9yo Boy Suspended For Calling Teacher 'cute'- His mother not happy about it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.