Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

A Time For Everything - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Time For Everything (274 Views)

2023 NYSC Batch A Time Table / A Time For Love / It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Time For Everything by omeizadeborah(f): 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2020
WELCOME TO MY NEW SITE!

before I delve into anything relating to my new site permit me to talk about this topic, "a time for everything."

This topic came to me at a point when it seemed as though everything was upside down in my life. I'd wake up every morning thinking of when exactly that challenge would come to an end.
It was at the point I engaged myself in reading so as not to waste the compulsory break we are on.

That would not be the first time of me reading that portion of the scriptures but it struck me in a different dimension that day.

"A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance"
The writer wanted to use that verse to buttress his point. And I stopped to think about it.

The first verse of Ecclesiastics 3:1 says
"To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heavens"

This means that this season we are going through would pass.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we should accept it when things are going not well with us. It should serve as a consolation that such a time would pass.

But as we expect answers to our prayers. As we expect things to change for the better, it should come as a consolation to us that there is a time for everything and that maybe that is your time to face that challenge.
Maybe that is your time to go through that situation.
Maybe that is your time to feel that way.

And as the negative time came, it'll pass and the positive time would come.
Bear in mind that your time to laugh, to enjoy, to be an overcomer, to live in joy will also come.

We should be comforted that as the time to weep came, it would pass and the time to laugh would also come.
As the time to mourn came, it would pass and the time to dance would also come.

So dear friend, be encouraged. If this is your time to face that unfair situation, it'd pass and your time to conquer would also come.

Remember,
"To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heavens"

And yaaay! There's also a time to be under WordPress and a time to have your domain name. I've stayed under WordPress for up to a year now and it feels good having my own domain name. I'm sure you are happy for me.
I'm excited to share this space with my amazing readers after the time spent in constructing it.
This is a big shift for me, moving from WordPress to my own domain.

You're going to have a variety of content for your edification on this blog:

Poems
Christian articles
Interviews
Short stories and much more.

I welcome all my old time readers. I appreciate you for sticking. You guys make every sacrifice worth it.

To every new reader, you're at the right place. Welcome to the family. Surf through the categories and find what resonates with you.

There'll be post every Friday.

To encourage me, please,
Follow(via your email)
Keep reading.
Keep sharing.
Keep liking and keep commenting.

Source: https://omeizadeborah.com/2020/06/05/welcome-to-my-new-site/

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin / For Writers/authors/publishers Advertisers And Businessmen / Dead Ancestors *A poem*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.