Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin (278 Views)

Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin / Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin .(Chapter 2) / Tales Of Abigail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin by Adedabs: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
"Irewamiri, won't you get up or do you want to be late for school?" My mum shouted with annoyance as she came into my room. I crawled out of my covers only to face my mom's face which was contorted with annoyance. "You've always been a model student because of your good grades, behavior and punctuality but these days, you've changed completely. You go to school late, you're unresponsive in class and your behavior is just out of it. What's wrong with you!!!!" Mom said with anger and sadness that I couldn't help but look up at her face.
  Looking back at me was a woman that I've adored all my life, and I was sad, disgusted and angry at myself for causing her so much pain. You see just like my mum said, I'm what you'll call the good girl in all parts. My grades were consistently good, the awards and plaques that fill up my room was a testament to that. I was known in school to be quiet and peaceful,if only they knew, but this days, the facade and act that I've carried seems to be slipping and for the first time in my seventeen years of existence in life, I wanted to do something new ,be something different and that when I decided to get rebellious by changing all the pattern that I've created in the past. So I started by creating a glitch in my perfect punctuality record. I wouldn't have done that if and only if the school had left me alone. I've always been in the spotlight but it was quiet and not full of drama in a way. People knew me as the brilliant girl in school but I was still safe in the protective shell that i had constructed. I wasn't much of a talker and a crowd person so I tried my best to avoid things that'll put me in positions like that but I couldn't hide for long as the director of my school decided that the best thing he could do to award me for all my efforts was to appoint me as the punctuality prefect, remembering that day he called me to the assembly podium was enough for me to lock myself in and not go to the school again.
But that would be impossible with my mom towering over me. With a sigh, I climbed out of bed and made my way to the bathroom "Good morning mum, I'm sorry that you had to wake me up again" I mumbled past her. I heard her sigh and I could imagine her shaking her head in my direction before going back to the kitchen to continue her work since I wasn't her only child and life definitely does not revolve around only me.
I'm the last child and I have two older siblings. I won't say my family is perfect but I think we get along with each other quite well and we're always there for each other. Dad is not always with us, always traveling but we are kind of comfortable with it since we have our mom and everything is just nice.
    I got dressed taking my time because I wanted to be late deliberately, you see after announcing me as the punctuality prefect coupled with the fact that I'll have to be in charge of leading the assembly which by the way is one of my worst nightmare that has always haunted me cus I couldn't bear the thought of even standing in front of strange faces to talk (I'll pass out), I decided that being a late comer was the only option left, and this will go on till the director decides that I'm unfit for the position. Ade and Anu were already eating when I got down, I took my plate, went to the kitchen to get my food and came back to the surprising stares of my brothers and mother. "When did Ire start eating breakfast before going to school?" Anu asked with surprise, turning to Ade and mum. "I'm surprised too, wasn't expecting that" mum said. " Can't I do anything in peace without you guys questioning me?" I asked with a groan. " Well it's just that you do surprising and unexpected things these days, that's all." Anu said with a shrug. After that it was quite calm although I could see them glancing at me occasionally but I decided to ignore it. Taking my time to wash the dirty plates got my mum angry that she literally kicked me out of the house to get to school. Hmm school here I come.
Re: Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin by Ann2012(f): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
Following

(1) (Reply)

I'm Africa / Quillbot (rewriter) Premium Offer / Short Story. Title: Stop Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.