Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Black Georgia State Trooper Refuses To Kneel At A Black Lives Matter... - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Black Georgia State Trooper Refuses To Kneel At A Black Lives Matter... (427 Views)

Trump Mocks Senator Mitt Romney For Marching With Black Lives Matter Protesters / Muriel Bowser Renames Road Leading To White House Black Lives Matter Plaza / Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Georgia State Trooper Refuses To Kneel At A Black Lives Matter... by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
NEWS JUNE 08, 2020
Black Georgia State Trooper Refuses To Kneel At A Black Lives Matter Protest: 'I Only Kneel For One Person'
'And that's God'

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12090229_capturestatetrooper_jpegb36f33b6d6563072c92d34bc2be159f5
Image Source: Twitter screenshot
PHIL SHIVER

Georgia State Trooper O'Neal Saddler refused to kneel during a Black Lives Matter protest in Hartwell, Georgia, on Sunday, saying he "has much respect" but only kneels "for one person."

Video was rolling after Saddler had apparently been asked by a protester to kneel during the demonstration out of respect for the black community.

"If I didn't have any respect, I wouldn't [be here]," Saddler began saying to a female protester. "I was supposed to be out of town this weekend with my wife. I took off today, this weekend, but I'm out here to make sure y'all are safe."

"Don't go there with respect, OK? I have much respect, but I only kneel for one person," Saddler continued.

"And that's God," someone else from the crowd chimed in. Saddler affirmed the statement.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12090230_capturestatetrooper1_jpeg0072131e5b785c52f6ed53de45cb7f34

Protests and riots over George Floyd's death have continued to erupt across the nation, moving from big cities into more rural areas of the country. In some instances, law enforcement officers have opted to kneel or march with protesters to show solidarity with them, but in other cases, officers have refused for a variety of reasons. Some protesters have even denounced the practice, calling it a PR stunt.

Saddler's reason seemed to be good enough for the protesters in his immediate vicinity. You can hear some say "thank you" and "we know you have respect" as Saddler speaks.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/black-state-trooper-kneel-for-god

Re: Black Georgia State Trooper Refuses To Kneel At A Black Lives Matter... by Jaysolu(m): 11:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
He doesn't feel like he should..
he may be a Jehovah witness sef

check the link on my signature, you'll find it interesting
Re: Black Georgia State Trooper Refuses To Kneel At A Black Lives Matter... by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2020
Re: Black Georgia State Trooper Refuses To Kneel At A Black Lives Matter... by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:00am On Jun 09, 2020
Georgia Police Officer Refuses to Kneel, Tells Protesters He Only Kneels Before God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWyzSyBXHa0
Re: Black Georgia State Trooper Refuses To Kneel At A Black Lives Matter... by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Black State Trooper Tells BLM Protester "I Only Kneel" To God

https://www.westernjournal.com/black-state-trooper-tells-blm-protester-i-only-kneel-to-god/
Re: Black Georgia State Trooper Refuses To Kneel At A Black Lives Matter... by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Britain's Boris Johnson Refers To Trump As America's 'previous President' / Pakistan PM Aide Slaps Opposition Leader On TV Show / Russia’s War On Ukraine:Poland Transfers Mig Fighters To U.S. enroute Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.