Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market (31849 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Urhobos are not regarded in Delta south. They wont have impact in that election. Take note, the three Warri LGA always bring the highest number of votes in all the 25 LGA. In fact, during Uduaghan election, the vote from Warri Southwest was over 25,000 which more than the vote from sapele, Ethiopia west, udu and Okpe combined. Go and check the facts

Congratulations madam
Itsekiri are the largest and most important tribe in niget delta
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

use na
nobody is holding you
its a free world
go ahead

I am here, ready for you anytime

nothing go happen

small pikin
I wont reply you any further. But be careful what you post online especially when you are loose and insultive. When men track you now, do you bad thing, your news follow AIT, people go dey say make bad thing happen to the evil doers but na una dey use una hand dey cause am. I don talk my own. Just be careful. Orogun juju fit nor help you that day. Every man for himself las las.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

I wont reply you any further. But be careful what you post online especially when you are loose and insultive. When men track you now, do you bad thing, your news follow AIT, people go dey say make bad thing happen to the evil doers but na una dey use una hand dey cause am. I don talk my own. Just be careful. Orogun juju fit nor help you that day. Every man for himself las las.
shut up
I guess you went through my previous post

pussie

that's who you are

do you worse, I await you
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Na you go take your mouth tell them. So long as you dey Warri, we go see. Except you wan lock yourself for house. I don even get your picture sef. Wetin remain?

Aunty chill jare and save your energy for your ijaw friends, better go and address the ogbe ijoh market as ijaw land before they sack your villages again

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

shut up
I guess you went through my previous post

pussie

that's who you are

do you worse, I await you

Please madam just ignore her, all this ain't necessary
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by kasim155: 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
See as two girls just carry quarrel come dis place in the name of tribe. The rich men in Ijaw are having hand shake with d rich men in Itsekiri n Uhrobo. Samr thing too is applicable to all other tribe. So why all dis. Please two of you should just take things easy. Pleaseeeeee

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 11:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
urhobo & ibo, which came fiRSt

Came first to where from where? What's your point really?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by ahaz: 12:10am On Jun 10, 2020
Jamesbiodun:

bad guygrin
you see dem afonjas snakes..una don first run accuse Igbo's of being happy dey are fighting..now you have exposed you Yoruba's and we now understand who is actually happy..I spit in Yoruba's..tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by ahaz: 12:16am On Jun 10, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

was goodluck president when ijaw and itsekiri were fighting?

some of u have never been to warri but u sit and type all manner of stories.

I was still in secondary school when dat fight happened n goodluck was not d president
many of them typing this trash were still in primary school when that crises erupted,it was in objs tenure and gudluck was a deputy then so don't blame the kids that narrate stories that they heared and not witnessed.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by ahaz: 12:22am On Jun 10, 2020
feldido:

Why not say the Opobos and the Igbani people of Bonny are also Ibos cos they have IBO names
you can go and exhume jajas corpse and tell him he is a Fulani and his descendants are Arabs.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by ahaz: 12:29am On Jun 10, 2020
SlayQueenIG:

Obowo no Obolo
we have obowo and we have obolo in Igbo mainland.. like obolo afor after nnsuka
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by ahaz: 12:33am On Jun 10, 2020
Johnandv:

Don't mind these Ijaws I don't know if they are the Fulanis we have over here. They claim everyone and everything is Ijaw. I wonder the kind of weed the smoke.
That's how they try to cliam opobo dynasty and the land from the children of jaja.After more than 30 years of litigation that dragef to the supreme court,the apex court ruled that opobo is the private estate of king jaja of opobo and the land and its right of royalty belongs to his children.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 12:38am On Jun 10, 2020
ahaz:
That's how they try to cliam opobo dynasty and the land from the children of jaja.After more than 30 years of litigation that dragef to the supreme court,the apex court ruled that opobo is the private estate of king jaja of opobo and the land and its right of royalty belongs to his children.
Ijaws are horrible people.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 10, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
When will this two group learn to live in peace? Wonder working governor should act fast to save lives.

Truth is there's nothing much Okowa can do. Cos both sides wouldn't want to take a cut. U already know how it is
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by EzeNdiAra: 1:26am On Jun 10, 2020
nowpresence:

first graduate bullshit. with all the education, what has that accounted for you guys. still useless as ever. with the first graduate, bullshit you people should have taken a place in the education and intellectual sector of Nigeria but no, just the name first graduate.

first church, so what. how many churches do you guys dominate apart from ayo church?

the incumbent governor really? I could have noticed before now that you are so dumb and stupid. when did okowa become an ishekiri.
uduagha and the other ishekiri should be grateful for that position because without ibori,an Urhobo man, you couldn't have smelled that position

federal appointment like which one? I hope you are not including elected positions from your wards which is normal

of all the so called dominance only two ishekris that you could cough out
imagine calling reno as a politician and pride in ishekri. for your information, he is now a relationship expert on Instagram. he is always features on instablog.
the prof satay, who is he in national politics

well, ishekiri should thank God for oil, that is just all about it for you guys,
delta state politics, you should be more specific, not shrewing out words like a mad woman.

Both of you bragging with churches instead of laboratories and research centres

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Daum: 2:21am On Jun 10, 2020
Irijosa777:

point of correction, don't spoil my community name for us,
it's not Jessa, it is called Jesse or Idjerhe kingdom, again there's no plece called Ajaenesan or gbomoya in Jesse, what we have is Ejenasa ( my village) and ugbomojah close to my village, Jesse have 32 village with its H/Q at Jesse town. Jesse is 100% Urhobo. This show that you don't know what you are even talking about, anyway I just educate you so you can now thank me... lol
I laugh when I saw this, though I don't normally comment on this comparison of a thing, but I like reading it because it makes me laugh. I don't take it personal.

I thought there was one Ejenesan somewhere in Ogharefe.

And as for Ajabgodudu. The Uhrobo people in Oghareki claim ownership of the place. I remember the time they fought and chased out iysekiri people. But Ajabodudu is under Koko LG financially. Also, Oghareki people claim Palm ocean.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nuelleoz(m): 3:34am On Jun 10, 2020
caleboxylic:

Shut up Ijaw. The land grabbers. You have no land in warri or in any mainland.

IJAWS ARE
Creek/swamp dwellers.
Itshekiris are just fishermen. Both are land grabbers.

Urohbo are not ready to claim what belongs to them.

This applies in their so called Bayelsa. The capital "yenegoa# belongs to Edoid clan in the state and not even the Ijaw.

You are really ignorant.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 7:27am On Jun 10, 2020
darfay:

Is like you are truly a mad woman

That part touch you... grin grin grin cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 7:51am On Jun 10, 2020
darfay:

That's why he's such a terrible keeper, I bet akpeyi means basket in itsekiri

Lwkmd grin grin cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 7:51am On Jun 10, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
foRGeT it

Na so my dear. grin cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:06am On Jun 10, 2020
Datazone:

Same way Urhobos are strangers in Warri. In case you don't know, the sapele ownership case that was highly contested up to the West African court outside Nigeria does not include Ogu-Aja, Ugbeyiyi, Oton etc. and other Itsekiri communities in Sapele. Get your facts right.

And you talk of war, how many wars have the Urhobos fought and won in their history? Do we have any Urhobo warlords? Urhobos are not warlike in nature. Them get mouth and sabi fear. People like you run for safety and here you are talking war. Get out
shocked See finishing cheesy grin
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 8:19am On Jun 10, 2020
darfay:

Aunty chill jare and save your energy for your ijaw friends, better go and address the ogbe ijoh market as ijaw land before they sack your villages again

Lol grin cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 8:23am On Jun 10, 2020
ahaz:
many of them typing this trash were still in primary school when that crises erupted,it was in objs tenure and gudluck was a deputy then so don't blame the kids that narrate stories that they heared and not witnessed.

na so. If you come to see some people that mentions you ehn, you fit cry till the world go end. Better you just ignore them. grin cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Yujin(m): 8:54am On Jun 10, 2020
feldido:

The Obolo (Andoni) people, part of the Obolo state, of Rivers,Abia,and Akwa Ibom States, of Nigeria, are an Ijaw sub-ethnic group with strong historical relations with Oron people of Niger Delta in Nigeria. The Andoni people refer to God as Awaji or Owaji.[1]

Historically, the Andoni (Idoni or Indo before the colonial era had commercial contacts with European traders and with other neighbouring Ijaw clans, such as the Bonny, Okrika, Kalabari, Nkoro, Ette people of present Ikot-Abasi as well as the Okoro-utip and Mkpanak people of Ibeno. The people frequently fought wars with the Bonny and Ogoni people.

The Obolo people speak Obolo as the only native language. Obolo language is a distinct language based on the original Ijaw intonation.

From Wikipedia
Which part of Abia do you find Andoni(Obolo) people?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iriruaga100(m): 9:03am On Jun 10, 2020
Daum:

I thought there was one Ejenesan somewhere in Ogharefe.

And as for Ajabgodudu. The Uhrobo people in Oghareki claim ownership of the place. I remember the time they fought and chased out iysekiri people. But Ajabodudu is under Koko LG financially. Also, Oghareki people claim Palm ocean.

I don't know if there is Ejenesa in Oghara but there is a village called Ejenesa in Idjehre Town.. Like I told her previously, the Koko junction we all know is not Koko but a community in Oghara. Koko is like 30 minis from the junction. Some day they will tell you they own that place.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Daum: 9:13am On Jun 10, 2020
Iriruaga100:

I don't know if there is Ejenesa in Oghara but there is a village called Ejenesa in Idjehre Town.. Like I told her previously, the Koko junction we all know is not Koko but a community in Oghara. Koko is like 30 minis from the junction. Some day they will tell you they own that place.

Koko junction is Oghara land. All the way from ugbenu down before Mosogar if I am correct. Even Ovade sef. I don't know if there is any itsekiri community in Jesse.

I remember back then, they use to bring out their masquerade called Odumaleke then in Ogharefe. They don't do it again. The itsekiris are jut like the ijaws. River people always moving with their boats. They settle at the bank of any river and just start living there....
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Yujin(m): 9:41am On Jun 10, 2020
Datazone:

The reality today is that Itsekiris have lost the grip they once had in Warri. Sad, but true. You claim Itsekiris don't have lands in Delta Central yet you want Itsekiris to accept your claim of land in Warri. Even Efewestern who is far knowledgeable than you acknowledged the fact that Itsekiri communities do exist in Delta Central. I know you're still a child but it pains me when you don't want to shut up and learn from your elders. The people you claim to be water people are part of the people who signed the treaty of the British and almagation of Nigeria. Where was the dominant and mighty urhobo in all of these? Shut up my dear and learn. Itsekiris have played politics and out of their benevolence lost their lands and grip on you lot.
With respect to the two black people present at the 1914 amalgamation, what's the name of the other person apart from Chief Dore Numa? I'm yet to know this person.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Yujin(m): 9:47am On Jun 10, 2020
Datazone:

You said "who sabi una?" Haha. Itsekiris, though a minority have made serious impacts in Nigeria as a whole. I can list many of their achievements. The first graduate in Nigeria is an Itsekiri. The first graduate king in west Africa is also an Itsekiri. Google "Olu Antonio Dom Domingos" The first church in Nigeria is in Itsekiri land. I wouldnt want to go into early politics in Nigeria and all that but in terms of Delta state politics, Itsekiri is alive and kicking. The incumbent governor is an Itsekiri. Itsekiris have a strong hold in their areas. At federal level we have some appointments as well. We all know Prof Itse sagay and Reno Omokri. If not for the recent Agege position, Urhobos, though a majority have been useless. Imagine a small tribe like Itsekiris giving the Urhobos a run for their money. Pathetic
Incumbent governor Itsekiri?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Kwashiman:

See that list according to NBS, I'm sure updates data reports won't change much. See how your states top the list, no single SE state. I have the rape statistics per region, make I continue? grin
You believe this, but when you're told the SE is the most poorest region in the south, you will disagree.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Detained Ex-CSO Diabetic, Hypertensive But Denied His Drugs, Lawyer Cries Out / Fayose: I Was Condemned For Wearing T-shirt, Zuckerberg Was Hailed By Nigerians / Bello Weeps At Inauguration, Vows To Fight Corruption In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.