Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution (1333 Views)

Galaxy S7 Explosion In Abuja - Samsung Respond, Daddyfrz React! / Crazy Deal on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 107k SOLD SOLD SOLD / Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge For Sale!!! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good day everyone.
Just got a Samsung galaxy s7+ edge,inserted my mtn sim in it but it showed "Sim network pin blocked, enter sim network puk" how do I rectify this pls? Is there any easy way I can get it fixed without charges?
I know there are gurus in the house.
Pls help.. Thanks
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by overdrive(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Does the Sim work when inserted in another phone?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
overdrive:
Does the Sim work when inserted in another phone?
Yes it works perfectly in another phone. But once I insert it into the Samsung, it will show network signal � but won't be able to function as other sim does
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by TheOdd1sOut: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
Get the plastic package that was attached to your sim when you bought it and look for the PUK code.
If you don't have it anymore, go and do welcome back. This will reset the puk code
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:
Get the plastic package that was attached to your sim when you bought it and look for the PUK code.
If you don't have it anymore, go and do welcome back. This will reset the puk code
Already done this. In fact, I called mtn this morning. They said there's ntn they can do, chatted with Samsung helpline they said "they can't open it that I should contact my sim provider. Tried using another sim, twas still same thing"
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by TheOdd1sOut: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Already done this. In fact, I called mtn this morning. They said there's ntn they can do, chatted with Samsung helpline they said "they can't open it that I should contact my sim provider. Tried using another sim, twas still same thing"
Did you buy a refurbished phone?
Like show glass or 2nd hand device?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:
Did you buy a refurbished phone? Like show glass or 2nd hand device?
No ooo. My uncle from USA gave it to me yesterday. He brought it from abroad
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by TheOdd1sOut: 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

No ooo. My uncle from USA gave it to me yesterday. He brought it from abroad
Ha....
The problem is from the Phone itself
The panel is locked to the foreign network... Not Nigerian network
Its probably locked to Sprint or AT&T... No Nigerian sim can unlock it. The panel is locked like those foreign iPhone.

The thing that can help you now is
1. Try and get that uncle to locate the last sim that phone worked with. If that sim can be located, all will be well.
2. If you can't do the above, just manage the phone and use it like that. If you wanna browse use WiFi hotspot. Buy a small phone for your mtn sim.
3. (The riskiest).. If no 1 and 2 is not an option, then you have to completely reflash the firmware of the device, I advise you take it to a GOOD (emphasis on GOOD) and COMPETENT engineer (not roadside engineer).. Reload the OS and it will be as good as new

Edit:- added a few things
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:

Ha....
The problem is from the Phone itself
The panel is locked to the foreign network... Not Nigerian network
Its probably locked to Sprint or AT&T... No Nigerian sim can unlock it. The panel is locked like those foreign iPhone.

The thing that can help you now is
1. Try and get that uncle to locate the last sim that phone worked with. If that sim can be located, all will be well.
2. If you can't do the above, just manage the phone and use it like that. If you wanna browse use WiFi hotspot. Buy a small phone for your mtn sim.
3. (The riskiest).. If no 1 and 2 is not an option, then you have to completely reflash the firmware of the device, I advise you take it to a GOOD (emphasis on GOOD) and COMPETENT engineer (not roadside engineer).. Reload the OS and it will be as good as new

Edit:- added a few things
Chai He's currently in Nigeria. I doubt if he has the Sim.
Can I request for an unlock code from Samsung??
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by TheOdd1sOut: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Chai He's currently in Nigeria. I doubt if he has the Sim.
Can I request for an unlock code from Samsung??
Possibly
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:
Possibly
. Already did. They just can't help
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by TheOdd1sOut: 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:
Already did. They just can't help
I'm outta ideas bro
You should probably contact an engineer in first person
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:

I'm outta ideas bro
You should probably contact an engineer in first person
I even called their helpline service. I'm scared of giving one whack engineer in benin.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by TheOdd1sOut: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

I even called their helpline service. I'm scared of giving one whack engineer in benin.
Go to their office in Benin. They have experienced and certified engineers there
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by overdrive(m): 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Yes it works perfectly in another phone. But once I insert it into the Samsung, it will show network signal � but won't be able to function as other sim does

Okk
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:

Go to their office in Benin. They have experienced and certified engineers there
Thanks. I'll try
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by overdrive(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Ok
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
overdrive:

Since it requests for puk then call mtn customer care to provide you with the puk that is if you no longer have your simpack.
The Sim works on other phones. So it's not the Sim fault
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by TheOdd1sOut: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Thanks. I'll try
You're welcome sir
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by revcompaty(m): 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2020
I don’t think Samsung will be able to provide any help here, from indications it’s more like the phone is still locked to the previous network which seem more like a network lock.

Solution: Get a competent engineer to perform a network unlock or like it was advised above use with a WiFi for now

My personal opinion though
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
revcompaty:
I don’t think Samsung will be able to provide any help here, from indications it’s more like the phone is still locked to the previous network which seem more like a network lock.

Solution: Get a competent engineer to perform a network unlock or like it was advised above use with a WiFi for now

My personal opinion though
Talked with their helpline service not too long. Told me Samsung can unlock it if only I can go back to the store where it was bought so it can be fully unlocked. Just as TheOdd1sOut said. Still trying to contact them again
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by revcompaty(m): 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Talked with their helpline service not too long. Told me Samsung can unlock it if only I can go back to the store where it was bought so it can be fully unlocked. Just as TheOdd1sOut said. Still trying to contact them again

Okay then
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:

You're welcome sir
I went to their Facebook page to chat them up. This is was they told me "Regrettably, the unlock code must come directly from the original carrier of the device, if you provide us with the IMEI of the phone we can direct you to the correct carrier of your device, to find the IMEI go to Settings > About device. ^Dan"
If I provide them with the imei number, hope my phone will be safe and won't be put on permanent lock or something?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Pls anyone with idea about what I wrote above?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Jtown442(m): 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:
Pls anyone with idea about what I wrote above?
Bro that phone requires factory or chip unlock goto ikeja or any phone repairer around you
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by TheOdd1sOut: 7:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

I went to their Facebook page to chat them up. This is was they told me "Regrettably, the unlock code must come directly from the original carrier of the device, if you provide us with the IMEI of the phone we can direct you to the correct carrier of your device, to find the IMEI go to Settings > About device. ^Dan"
If I provide them with the imei number, hope my phone will be safe and won't be put on permanent lock or something?
okay calm Down my good sir

sorry i saw this late

what they are saying is that they need the imei number (which is , to put simply, the identity of the sim slot)

you should find the imei number in two ways

1. the phone's carton if its available. its written at the side of the device.

2. if the carton is not available, go to your phone app and type this code *#06#... it will bring out your imei number (caution:- do not leak your imei number to unknown and untrusted sources, it could be used by hackers to clone your sim)

after sending the imei, they will scrutinize it and determine if the imei is locked to our native network here in Nigeria (like mtn) or the foreign network (AT&T)

hope fully, you'll be able to track the ORIGINAL OWNER of the device and use it to collect the pin from him/her.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:

okay calm Down my good sir

sorry i saw this late

what they are saying is that they need the imei number (which is , to put simply, the identity of the sim slot)

you should find the imei number in two ways

1. the phone's carton if its available. its written at the side of the device.

2. if the carton is not available, go to your phone app and type this code *#06#... it will bring out your imei number (caution:- do not leak your imei number to unknown and untrusted sources, it could be used by hackers to clone your sim)

after sending the imei, they will scrutinize it and determine if the imei is locked to our native network here in Nigeria (like mtn) or the foreign network (AT&T)

hope fully, you'll be able to track the ORIGINAL OWNER of the device and use it to collect the pin from him/her.
Thanks a lot. I have the imei number. Just scared so it won't get locked. Don't want them to attach racism to the phone abeg. That's why.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by TheOdd1sOut: 7:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Thanks a lot. I have the imei number. Just scared so it won't get locked. Don't want them to attach racism to the phone abeg. That's why.
Lol just relax sir

all will be well
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:
Lol just relax sir
all will be well
Thanks sir.. Will send it to them right away
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 10:09am On Jun 10, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:

Lol just relax sir

all will be well
Good morning, sent the imei number to Samsung and this was their response "Thank you for the IMEI, we were checking and your device is a UK model from the EE service provider, so in order to unlock the device you have to get in contact with them directly, you can try their website for support. Sorry for the inconvenience. ^Dan"
So I have to contact EE service provider, tried doing so but it didn't work. Any idea of how I can get it unlocked since they gave me an alternative.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by TheOdd1sOut: 2:35am On Jun 11, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Good morning, sent the imei number to Samsung and this was their response "Thank you for the IMEI, we were checking and your device is a UK model from the EE service provider, so in order to unlock the device you have to get in contact with them directly, you can try their website for support. Sorry for the inconvenience. ^Dan"
So I have to contact EE service provider, tried doing so but it didn't work. Any idea of how I can get it unlocked since they gave me an alternative.
keep trying.

or just go to an engineer for network unlocking

Samsung office is a good option
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Solution by Godsonjolly: 10:43am On Jun 11, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:

keep trying.

or just go to an engineer for network unlocking

Samsung office is a good option
Reached them and they said they would like to call me but they can't reach a Nigeria number. That's just the problem I'm having now. And it cost 9pound for the unlock. I have no one in UK now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help O My Tecno Home Button,recent Button Is Not Working. / How Apple Might Likely Change The PC Industry. / Samsung Galaxy A21s Review - Super Camera Upgrade + Bigger Battery And More...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.