Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

COVID-19 Has Just Started To Spread In Nigeria- NCDC - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Has Just Started To Spread In Nigeria- NCDC (411 Views)

Outbreak Of Bird Flu In 7 States In Nigeria - NCDC Confirms Cases / COVID-19 Has Turned Everything Upside Down In Nigeria – PTF / Oyinbo Man With HIV Vows To Spread It To Ladies In Lagos - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19 Has Just Started To Spread In Nigeria- NCDC by osinbanjoisaliar: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has admitted that the country might just be starting to experience COVID-19.

NCDC Director-General, Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, stated this while speaking at the House of Representatives on Monday, when members of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) appeared before a joint committee of the House.

“We are still in the middle of a very, very bad outbreak. In fact, it is most likely that we are at the beginning of a very bad outbreak. This is the honest truth.

“And as we dig into the details of what we have done, I really crave your indulgence to please, bear in mind that we do this work together, because we really have a collective responsibility to our people,” the NCDC boss said.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/06/09/covid-19-just-beginning-in-nigeria-ncdc/
Re: COVID-19 Has Just Started To Spread In Nigeria- NCDC by duduade: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
You people are sick

It's obvious these ones are after their own pockets
Re: COVID-19 Has Just Started To Spread In Nigeria- NCDC by AiteeAitee: 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
Dear God, if this is true please don't let our case in Nigeria be like that of USA, Italy or UK. Grant your children wisdom to do what is right to stay safe and sound. Amen.
Re: COVID-19 Has Just Started To Spread In Nigeria- NCDC by illicit(m): 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
How does the common man like me survive this
Re: COVID-19 Has Just Started To Spread In Nigeria- NCDC by seunlayi(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
duduade:
You people are sick

It's obvious these ones are after their own pockets
They are not, it is those who played carelessly with Covid-19 that will be sick at an alarming rate in days to come. I pray it will never be our potion.
Re: COVID-19 Has Just Started To Spread In Nigeria- NCDC by jidamsel43(m): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
This statement is out because PTF need more money from National assembly.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Has Just Started To Spread In Nigeria- NCDC by jidamsel43(m): 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
seunlayi:

They are not, it is those who played carelessly with Covid-19 that will be sick at an alarming rate in days to come. I pray it will never be our potion.
Do you think our government has done anything to prevent this virus if it truly exist in Nigeria. Lockdown order was not obeyed by citizens. Travel ban has been violated. Social distancing is not practicable in Nigeria. Washing of hands is poorly effective as major of Nigeria do not have access to clean water and soap. Tell me gentleman, what could make it worse in Nigeria again?
Re: COVID-19 Has Just Started To Spread In Nigeria- NCDC by duduade: 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
seunlayi:

Amen

(1) (Reply)

Purell Dispensing Machines And Sanitizers / Why Do Weed Smokers Develop High Appetite After Smoking?? / Power Life Stem Cell Beauty Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.