Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Are We All Worshiping The Same God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We All Worshiping The Same God? (289 Views)

Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / Who Is Worshiping Idol Now?; Traditionalist Asks As He Shares These Photos / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Video Of RCCG Members Worshiping Chair Of Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by Mana1227: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hello Nairalanders, Are Christians and Muslim worshiping the same God?

Disclaimer: this is not to stir any form of religious fight. We all have the right to join any religion and we must tolerate any religion.[color=#990000][/color]

I was with my neighbors yesterday and we had this argument if Christians and Muslims are worshiping the same God.
I need your opinions and clarification on this pls.

Pls you points should come with biblical and quoranic references not head knowledge or Guess.

Thanks
Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by bright007(f): 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
No, the Gods in both religion are different. How?

1. The requirements for entering heaven (Paradise) and hell are different.

2. The reward in after life are different, one promise milk and honey, the other 72 virgins.

1 Like

Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
bright007:
Both beliefs are hallucinations!

They were invented because of the inherent human fear of the unknown.

And psychopaths who want to believe everyone is a sinner, even babies.

1 Like

Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
@Op, I am afraid you have to examine the evidence(scriptural) in order to arrive at an answer for your soul.

That said, there is a belief out there that they are all the one and the same God. If that belief is what you desire, go for it. I personally don't understand it but it is a thing. grin grin
Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mana1227:
Hello Nairalanders, Are Christians and Muslim worshiping the same God?

Disclaimer: this is not to stir any form of religious fight. We all have the right to join any religion and we must tolerate any religion.[color=#990000][/color]

I was with my neighbors yesterday and we had this argument if Christians and Muslims are worshiping the same God.
I need your opinions and clarification on this pls.

Pls you points should come with biblical and quoranic references not head knowledge or Guess.

Thanks

Nope.
Every individual creates God in their own image.
Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by kingxsamz(m): 7:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Squillaci:

Nope.
Every individual creates God in their own image.

No, they're all different gods created out of one's imagination.
Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
kingxsamz:

No, they're all different gods created out of one's imagination.
What I mean is that each person has an idea of what God should be. And it is different for everyone.
For me, I embrace the idea that God can be evil. Most people will say that Good is a necessary quality God must possess. I call that bullshit.
Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by kingxsamz(m): 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Squillaci:

What I mean is that each person has an idea of what God should be. And it is different for everyone.
For me, I embrace the idea that God can be evil. Most people will say that Good is a necessary quality God must possess. I call that bullshit.

Or you don't even need to embrace the idea of a god at all.
Of what use is it?
Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
kingxsamz:

Or you don't even need to embrace the idea of a god at all.
Of what use is it?
I am an.atheist bro.
But, when talking of God what kind of God do you think of.
I define God as the creator of the universe, nothing more.
Other atheists will argue against an evil, not omnipotent being, blah blah, 'cause that's their concept of a God.
Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by kingxsamz(m): 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
Squillaci:

Other atheists will argue against an evil, not omnipotent being, blah blah, 'cause that's their concept of a God.

The reason why atheists engage in arguments about gods with theists is because they want to point out those flaws and attributes which contradicts the definition of the said god by theists, to make them realize that it doesn't exist.
If you tell a theist that god doesn't exist, he won't agree. But if you point out those facts which contradicts his belief about this god, he's likely to accept your point if the indoctrination is not too strong.
Just saying though.
Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by ultimatebas(m): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
Squillaci:

I am an.atheist bro.
But, when talking of God what kind of God do you think of.
I define God as the creator of the universe, nothing more.
You tried to contact me. What's up?
Re: Are We All Worshiping The Same God? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
[quote author=bright007 post=90482081]Both beliefs are hallucinations!

They were invented because of the inherent human fear of the unknown.

[/quote

You are wise. Religion was created by men to give people rules to follow and leave guided lives but unfortunately people in Africa have become addicted to it like opium grin and can't decipher the truth from lies.

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Once Glorified Fraud With Huspuppi (video) / How To Get Your Husband, Children And Loved Ones To Get Born Again. / Help Answer This My Brothers And Sisters In The Lord.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.