Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! (1109 Views)

10 Statutory Delegates From Each State Must Sign Presidential Forms - APC / Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' / Omosede Igbinedion Congratulates Femi Otedola As "Next Governor Of Lagos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2020
The Next Anambra State Governor must create Onitsha Waterfront Development Agency. The Agency will be under the current ANSIPPA and will be run using a Public-Private model to develop the waterfront of Onitsha.

The Onitsha waterfront Agency will be responsible for:

1) Acquisition and Mapping out the waterfront areas
2) Building Retaining walls and other erosion prevention infrastructures along the river bank
3) Reserving parts of the waterfront for public use such as park, walkways and recreation activities
4) Developing all supporting infrastructures such as access roads, streetlights, cleaning, security and overall maintenance
5) Engaging the private sector to build high-rise buildings (both residential and commercial), hotels, restaurants etc.
6) Expanding the waterfront as rapid development reaches saturation.

For this to work, the Agency should be run independently and allowed to be commercialized in order not to be hijacked by yearly budgeting bottlenecks

3 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
Some examples of some developments

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
more examples.

cc: Lalasticlala

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
Gov. Obiano can start the process before he leaves office and hand it over to the next administration.

cc:

1 Like

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by Mraphel: 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
The next deputy governor must be fulani

1 Like

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by RuddyFusion(m): 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
You're intelligent bro I hope someone in the government house is seeing this...

I suggest you share this with Soludo and other aspirant teams and also share it on Online platforms where Ndi Anambra gather.

2 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
horsepower102:
The Next Anambra State Governor must create Onitsha Waterfront Development Agency. The Agency will be under the current ANSIPPA and will be run using a Public-Private model to develop the waterfront of Onitsha.

The Onitsha waterfront Agency will be responsible for:

1) Acquisition and Mapping out the waterfront areas
2) Building Retaining walls and other erosion prevention infrastructures along the river bank
3) Reserving parts of the waterfront for public use such as park, walkways and recreation activities
4) Developing all supporting infrastructures such as access roads, streetlights, cleaning, security and overall maintenance
5) Engaging the private sector to build high-rise buildings (both residential and commercial), hotels, restaurants etc.
6) Expanding the waterfront as rapid development reaches saturation.

For this to work, the Agency should be run independently and allowed to commercialized into order not to be hijacked by yearly budgeting bottlenecks
Nice one bro, APGA is preparing best governorship candidate for Anambra, our great son Prof promised us Dubai standard during his first gubernatorial outing, we are optimistic he will grab APGA ticket

3 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
RuddyFusion:
You're intelligent bro I hope someone in the government house is seeing this...

I suggest you share this with Soludo and other aspirant teams and also share it on Online platforms where Ndi Anambra gather.

Thank you brother.

We need to bring Onitsha to the 21st century. Its a city with so much potential and it hurts me when I see it neglected.
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
post=90483720:

Nice one bro, APGA is preparing best governorship candidate for Anambra, our great son Prof promised us Dubai standard during his first gubernatorial outing, we are optimistic he will grab APGA ticket

If Soludo can truely modernize Onitsha and bring that city to Real world class standard ( not nigerian version of world standard), his name will forever be engraved in the hearts of Igbos like Micheal okpara, Sam Mbakwe and co.

2 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
horsepower102:

Thank you brother.

We need to bring Onitsha to the 21st century. Its a city with so much potential and it hurts me when I see it neglected.
Key projects Gov Obiano will deliver, Anambra international cargo airport which is rapidly going on, international conference center which will be the best in eastern region and Awka million city which is PPP, the future is very bright, I pray FG to complete the concessioning process of Onitsha port, Anambra will soon take her rightful place, if we can achieve so much without these key infastructures, imagine what we can achieve when our sky is open to the world and Onitsha port is functioning

1 Like

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by RuddyFusion(m): 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
horsepower102:

Thank you brother.

You're welcome
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by Binikingdowm: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
grin erosion will soon wash the entire region so why bother?

1 Like

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Binikingdowm:
grin erosion will soon wash the entire region so why bother?
That will be when flood and debris delete Lagos

7 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by OfoIgbo: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
Soludo will be the best option for Anambra. I expect him to become the best Anambra governor since 1999
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
post=90484100:

Key projects Gov Obiano will deliver Anambra international cargo airport which is rapidly going on, international conference center which will be the best in eastern region and Awka million city which is PPP, the future is very bright, I pray FG to complete the concessioning process of Onitsha port, Anambra will soon take her rightful place, if we can achieve so much with out these key infastructures, imagine what we can achieve when our sky is open to the world and Onitsha port is functioning

Obiano has overall tried with the resources at his disposal. I have my criticisms but overall he has tried. But what Anambra needs is a revolution. We need to seriously attract serious investments into the state. Our people are trying but Aku luo uno needs to be get to phase 2.

We need to create more well planned and privately run cities like AMC. The development of houses needs to be planned in Onitsha. Things have to be very organized. All inner roads in Onitsha and surrounding areas needs to be tarred. Flooding must be kept in check.

Personally, I think Onitsha should get a Major who focus solely on its development.

Also is there a master-plan for Onitsha? Every modern city needs a master-plan.

1 Like

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by saintkeppy(m): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Anambra State Government should concentrate upgrading Awka the State capital to a befitting Capital city with modern infrastructures.
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
saintkeppy:
Anambra State Government should concentrate upgrading Awka the State capital to a befitting Capital city with modern infrastructures.

There is a masterplan for Awka. It used to be online back in the days but the ACTDA website has been down.

Onitsha on the other hand, I seriouly doubt it has a master-plan.
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by saintkeppy(m): 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
horsepower102:

There is a masterplan for Awka. It used to be online back in the days but the ACTDA website has been down.

Onitsha on the other hand, I seriouly doubt it has a master-plan.

OK, has successive govt. been able to follow what's on the master plan? Cos its not all about having a master plan.
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
saintkeppy:

OK, has successive govt. been able to follow what's on the master plan? Cos its not all about having a master plan.

It was Obiano's administration that first developed it. The AMC project is just part of the first phase of the Awka master plan.

Now what I have noticed is that the rate of development in Awka is still looking unplanned and the inner street roads are not being tarred. This needs to be fixed.
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by saintkeppy(m): 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
horsepower102:

It was Obiano's administration that first developed it. The AMC project is just part of the first phase of the Awka master plan.

Now what I have noticed is that the rate of development in Awka is still looking unplanned and the inner street roads are not being tarred. This needs to be fixed.

That means u guys need a visionary Govnor who's out to take the bull by the horn to implement what's on the master plan like what Gov. Dave Umahi is doing in Abakiliki.

A master plan should be a continuous road map to actualize it purpose, laid down for any govnor to follow irrespective of party affiliation.

Another thing is, there should be a certain amount of money earmarked to help put what's on the plan to actualization.

Anambra is lucky that Awka became state capital in '91 so they have what it takes to develop it to an enviable modern city compare to older state capitals across the country.
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
saintkeppy:

That means u guys need a visionary Govnor who's out to take the bull by the horn to implement what's on the master plan like what Gov. Dave Umahi is doing in Abakiliki.

A master plan should be a continuous road map to actualize it purpose, laid down for any govnor to follow irrespective of party affiliation.

Another thing is, there should be a certain amount of money earmarked to help put what's on the plan to actualization.

Anambra is lucky that Awka became state capital in '91 so they have what it takes to develop it to an enviable modern city compare to older state capitals across the country.

The developments Anambra indigenes have in Abuja alone makes me realize what Awka would have looked like if they paid serious attention to it.

But the state government needs to invest in serious infrastructure for Awka to be more attractive. Abuja had infrastructures in place by federal government which made it very easy to attract development. Obiano is trying but a lot more needs to be done.
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by saintkeppy(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
horsepower102:

The developments Anambra indigenes have in Abuja alone makes me realize what Awka would have looked like if they paid serious attention to it.

But the state government needs to invest in serious infrastructure for Awka to be more attractive. Abuja had infrastructures in place by federal government which made it very easy to attract development. Obiano is trying but a lot more needs to be done.

Ya I know, the reason why i say modern infrastructure should be in place like

Magnificent State Secretariat well laid out with internal roads.
State Assembly complex
A very sophisticated Govnors Lodge
Judiciary complex

Dualized roads with streets light linking the above infrastructures

Every road leading into the state capital should be dualized from nearby towns.
Modern flyovers at strategic junctions, Ring Roads traversing the entire capital to check unnecessary traffics.

Residential layout for low income earners,
GRA for the Rich &govt. Officials

Space for stadium &Airport development, Fed. Secretariat, Fed Housing dev. &Markets strategically located to serve the entire residents, abbatoirs, Mech villa, waste dump sites should be taken to the outskirts leaving the city center clean, neat &tidy.

Then any investors that wants to invest in area of hospitality &recreations, shopping malls, hotels should be given the criteria inline with the master plan.

1 Like

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
saintkeppy:

Ya I know, the reason why i say modern infrastructure should be in place like

Magnificent State Secretariat well laid out with internal roads.
State Assembly complex
A very sophisticated Govnors Lodge
Judiciary complex

Dualized roads with streets light linking the above infrastructures

Every road leading into the state capital should be dualized from nearby towns.
Modern flyovers at strategic junctions, Ring Roads traversing the entire capital to check unnecessary traffics.

Residential layout for low income earners,
GRA for the Rich &govt. Officials

Space for stadium &Airport development, Fed. Secretariat, Fed Housing dev. &Markets strategically located to serve the entire residents, abbatoirs, Mech villa, waste dump sites should be taken to the outskirts leaving the city center clean, neat &tidy.

Then any investors that wants to invest in area of hospitality &recreations, shopping malls, hotels should be given the criteria inline with the master plan.

Well said. This is exactly my vision.

If the government feels that these are beyond them, then they should partner with the private sector to accomplish these goals. I will hate to look back 10 years from now and nothing much has changed.

We shouldn't treat development as rocket science. It's about proper planning and following simple rules consistently for years.
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by saintkeppy(m): 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
horsepower102:

Well said. This is exactly my vision.

If the government feels that these are beyond them, then they should partner with the private sector to accomplish these goals. I will hate to look back 10 years from now and nothing much has changed.

We shouldn't treat development as rocket science. It's about proper planning and following simple rules consistently for years.

Exactly, most of our leaders are not patriotic they travel out to see how developed other places are but fail to replicate here with the will & financial resources at their disposals.

1 Like

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by saintkeppy(m): 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2020
horsepower102:

I read one article some weeks ago about Gov. Obiano bringing before Dubai &after pictures of Dubai to see how development has been over the years, and felt that Anambra has what it takes to develop a befitting capital city as a thing of pride for Ndi Anambra, he then constituted a committee headed by an experienced prof. an Anambra indigene who worked with Federal capital city Dev. Authority, Abuja for years to help oversee the development &implementation of Awka Capital City master plan.

They plan to create a Three Arm Zone just like what is obtainable in FCT, Abuja maybe they intend to use FCT Abuja master plan.

1 Like

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
saintkeppy:

I read one article some weeks ago about Gov. Obiano bringing before Dubai &after pictures of Dubai to see how development has been over the years, and felt that Anambra has what it takes to develop a befitting capital city as a thing of pride for Ndi Anambra, he then constituted a committee headed by an experienced prof. an Anambra indigene who worked with Federal capital city Dev. Authority, Abuja for years to help oversee the development &implementation of Awka Capital City master plan.

They plan to create a Three Arm Zone just like what is obtainable in FCT, Abuja maybe they intend to use FCT Abuja master plan.

Yes. Sounds like exactly what I read in the past about the masterplan.

Anambra state government needs to relaunch that website.

1 Like

Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by saintkeppy(m): 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
horsepower102:

Yes. Sounds like exactly what I read in the past about the masterplan.

Anambra state government needs to relaunch that website.
. OK
Re: The Next Governor Of Anambra State Must Do This !!! by horsepower102: 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/obiano-adopts-50-yr-development-plan-for-anambra/

In my opinion,

The 50 year development plan for Anambra needs to be reduced to a 40 year plan and broken down into 4 years goals each. This is what the Chinese are doing.

They have an overall long term goals but they broke it down into bits of 5 years. Every 5 years, they tackle part of the plan and set new targets for the next 5 years.

Thats how you attain development.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Residents Condemn Obaseki Over Destruction Of Ize-iyamu’s Billboards / Jonathan Commissioned Second Niger Bridge. (throw Back Pic) / Femi Adesina Reacts To Viral 'doctored Video' On #endsars Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.