Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. (381 Views)

Yoruba Man & A Graduate Turns Cattle Rearer (Photos) / Meet The Igbo Man Who Is A Cattle Rearer And See How He Does It / In-depth Practical Knowledge Of Aquaponics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
on the 23rd of may 2020 I got some catfish fingerlings 200 pics and started culturing it. it being 3 weeks now and I have already got 3 dead fish.

I need to know if the number of the dead fish to the total is normal or something to worry about.

Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
they have all grown to an appreciable size with few exceptions.

Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by Righteousness89(m): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
fartkay:
on the 23rd of may 2020 I got some catfish fingerlings 200 pics and started culturing it. it being 3 weeks now and I have already got 3 dead fish.

I need to know if the number of the dead fish to the total is normal or something to worry about.

Did any one of them fall to bare ground ?

Also try changing the water from time to time
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by smithmoi: 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
Im a fish farmer as well, what kind of pond is it, earthen or concrete
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
one of the fish that dropped dead today

Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
smithmoi:

am a learner so I started with the white tank with iron

Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
Righteousness89:

Did any one of them fall to bare ground ?
Also try changing the water from time to time
non fell to the ground and I changed their water every 2 days
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by Righteousness89(m): 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
fartkay:

non fell to the ground and I changed their water every 2 days

Okay!

You are good to go!

What do u give them for food?
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 2:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
I fed them with copens 1.2mm and 5 days ago I changed it to 2mm blue crown
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
Righteousness89:

Okay!
You are good to go!

fed them with copens 1.2mm and 5 days ago I changed it to 2mm blue crown
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
Righteousness89:

Okay!
You are good to go!

Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by Righteousness89(m): 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
fartkay:

If you can get grinded corn! Give them! Very good
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
the dead fish I posted, I still met it alive when am about to feed them but was sluggish in swimming and I realized others were going close in a manner of biting it, I then decide to scoop it and isolate it for monitoring.
in about ten min. when I checked back I found it dead
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
Righteousness89:

If you can get grinded corn! Give them! Very good
just plain corn without any mix
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by Righteousness89(m): 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
fartkay:

just plain corn without any mix
yes! Grinded !
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by fartkay(m): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
Righteousness89:
yes! Grinded !
O

OK I will try it. as per the dead fish is it normal n not out of proportion considering 213 pcs n 3 is dead now
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by Righteousness89(m): 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
fartkay:
O

OK I will try it.
as per the dead fish
is it normal n not out of proportion
considering 213 pcs n 3 is dead now

I don't think it's anything to worry about!
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by LordGuru1: 8:31am On Jun 07, 2021
fartkay:

Pls, how much is a bag of 2mm Copens now?
Re: Help! Upcoming Fish Rearer Needs More Knowledge. by LordGuru1: 8:33am On Jun 07, 2021
smithmoi:
Pls, how much is 1 bag of Copens now?

How much is AllerAqua too?

(1) (Reply)

Triple A&T Integrated Farms. / Help Me Out With My Turkey / Pig Farming Mentorship And Consultancy Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.