Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

The Scam Called Alat, Beware!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Scam Called Alat, Beware!! (1822 Views)

The Global Scam Called Omegapro / The Scam Called GIFTAWORLD Aka AUDIO MONEY / The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Scam Called Alat, Beware!! by Cutezt(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
So I have been a WEMA Alat customer for quite some time now, I decided to start using their account sometime last year after a bad experience with Access, so I moved to Wema Alat, it started great at first, I had a few troubles signing up but I was eventually successful, I funded and requested for a card and it was delivered after 4 days, I was impressed by the features it offered, I never had to go to the bank to get anything done, I could do almost everything from my app.

As someone who does a lot of international transactions, it's dollar virtual card option was pure gold, until around late March when I went to see someone and lost my card while on my way back, I was not fazed as I totally trusted Alat to deliver a new card, so I requested for another card, I was debited instantly, and was shown a pop-up saying my card will be delivered within 3 working days, I waited and waited, but it never came, in fact, on the third day, I had to cancel some appointments because I was trying not to miss my Alat card delivery, brethren, as I type this, my card has still not been delivered, so many calls to its customer care, so many messages on her social media pages, but there was absolutely nothing concrete except pleadings.

I worked majorly online during the lockdown, so I needed to pay for things sometimes, but Alat failed me, the virtual card option suddenly stopped working, I was totally stranded, had money in my account, but couldn't withdraw cos I don't have a card everytime, I have to borrow people's cards to withdraw, or make payments, at one point I felt people started thinking I was into shady deals as they started being reluctant on releasing their cards to me, it was really very embarrassing and slowed down my job a lot, every single time I go to the social media handles of this bank, all I see in the comments are complaints from angry customers, and to top it all, Facebook always makes sure every Alat post is the first on my news feed, so it was like impossible to not see their posts.

I have moved back to my access bank, and so far, I have not encountered major issues for now, but Alat has taken my money for card, and I want my money back or they deliver my card.

I don't know where to run to again, this injustice and wickedness against her customers is becoming outrageous and we need this to stop, Lalasticlala seun mynd Dominique

Please help the thousands of Nigerians being scammed by this supposed financial institution, let the world hear about its terrible service, maybe it will help them to function better. Please don't let this go under.

Re: The Scam Called Alat, Beware!! by Cutezt(m): 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2020

Re: The Scam Called Alat, Beware!! by Cutezt(m): 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2020

Re: The Scam Called Alat, Beware!! by Cutezt(m): 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2020

Re: The Scam Called Alat, Beware!! by Cutezt(m): 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
Finally

(1) (Reply)

Airpod 2 With For 15k Only, Airpod pro for 30k only / Dynace Rocenta Compensation Plan / Igbo Dominated Market In Lagos On Fire This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.