Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,659 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China (28281 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ / Coronavirus: Dead Man Lying On The Street Of Wuhan In China (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by PoliteActivist: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
AreaFada2:
I believe Evelyn's story.

In the same USA where a white police man Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck to kill him, over the feud they allegedly had working as security guards previously, some white people show uncommon kindness to black people.

Experiences differ quite often. In 9ja currently some are benefiting from the system. For them there's no better place to be. For many others it's a fine mess.

Osondi owendi.

The big difference is that China has a totalitarian regime and things are planned and choreographed for effect. If anything looks staged, like this article, u can be 100% sure it is staged. Even when Xi visited Wuhan, it was not Xi but one of his many doubles

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Topmaike007(m): 11:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
Me I know that she is saying the dammn truth anyone can say trash cos they hate China, what about USA that killed a black man and yet court still grant him bail

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Topmaike007(m): 11:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:

The big difference is that China has a totalitarian regime and things are planned and choreographed for effect. If anything looks staged, like this article, u can be 100% sure it is staged. Even when Xi visited Wuhan, it was not Xi but one of his many doubles
what is this one saying, saying things you can't defend if you're called upon
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by neymardaniel01: 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
That's great. Weldon china
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by PoliteActivist: 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
Topmaike007:

Just as the regime had a more attractive girl lipsinking to the voice of another girl durring the Olympics. Everything is choreography and deceipt

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Petdagr8t(m): 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
This one don collect Chinese yuan tire.
Aunty see as the Chinko's have used you to score cheap popularity.
Later they will still treat you way they treatment your fellow county man in Gwanghzou, when you goes back to China. those mehn can be heartless
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by ajibolag(m): 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
Topmaike007:

Lolz... Many are mad few are roaming. This is the first time I'm seeing such a stupefying statement about Xi Jinping. Trump and Putin must have several versions too oo

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Zindalati: 11:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
Isorite, say hi to mr chinko 4 me, imagine free meal ! Three times a day for 80days but nigeria federal govt palliative went only to Apc loyalist. shame on buhari's govt, curse kill this disaster call nigeria
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Topmaike007(m): 11:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
ajibolag:

Lolz... Many are mad few are roaming. This is the first time I'm seeing such a stupefying statement about Xi Jinping. Trump and Putin must have several versions too oo
lolz... Yeah, same way Buhari also have different versions.. Nothing wey person no go see for Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Topmaike007(m): 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
Petdagr8t:
This one don collect Chinese yuan tire.
Aunty see as the Chinko's have used you to score cheap popularity.
Later they will still treat you way they treatment your fellow county man in Gwanghzou, when you goes back to China. those mehn can be heartless
so she should follow you guys to propagate propaganda? I am Dissapointed in you
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Arcbox(m): 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
you see! from the story she has posted, you may have a justification for your conclusions and you may not. I know Evelyn john as we all depart Nigeria same time for a doctoral program in China. I am in a different city from Wuhan and in a city of over 20million people. Before I start, I will use a simple illustration of the law of motion which states that equal and opposite reactions are met with opposite forces. In Nigeria today, traversing the four cardinal regions are with different characters, behavior and level of receptiveness of people, same thing apply to everywere in the world. The action portrays by some Nigerians outside Nigeria always put others in negative corner. Every country have their law. In China, you must present your valid passport as a foreign to rent accommodation, get a hotel room, Banking and alot that can be mentioned. without which you cannot access those facilities. My best friend we came to China together is in the city of Guangzhou. We all have a PhD Nigerian and African group where everybody communicate incase of issues like this. The friend in Guangzhou told me that most of the guys affected are people that have stayed illegal in China without valid document. the actions of this fellow prompt the negative treatment from the Chinese which is normal. As a student here in China, the international student office took care of me; supply me face mask till this moment, as about your health everyday, provide for your feeding and living allowance and others. Another question you should as is that; why us it mostly Nigerians? I have a Ghanaian friend in that city who never complain about anything rather praise Chinese for their care.My conclusion is that; As a Nigerian in any country we should be respectful and well behaved if not we can't get a respect. A situation where you meet a Nigerian guy and all he is talking about is how to make money either true hook or crook. please let's behavior ourselves.
sexylassie2:
What about the videos we saw.

The no entries for blacks at shops and malls.

The Nigerians on the street been thrown out from hotels.

So because they lodged you in an hotel and gave you food, all of a sudden China is the best country in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Mypeople2(m): 12:00am On Jun 12, 2020
SolutionsMed:
Nigerian student who was in Wuhan, China at the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, narrates her experience.

Evelyn John

https://pandanet.ng/covid-19-my-tale-of-3-cities/
The ones coming from abroad are eating free food while those in the country are starving.Na wa! This life nor balance at all

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Investnow2017: 12:05am On Jun 12, 2020
Thank you Evelyn for your detailed narration. However there are some questions left unanswered. Could you have done that on purpose because you will be returning back to China to complete your programme for fear the complete story might backfire?
Everyone knows that the communist regime does not tolerate criticism and right now the image of China on the world stage is not looking good for their alleged poor handling of this pandemic that has claimed lives and has rendered millions around the world jobless, and overturned the global economy. And China right now is very sensitive to any negative news that might flame the amber of further hatred for them. Their aggressive attitude towards Australia for simply calling for probe into the origin of the virus speaks volumes.
Your narration may all be true, but for me, it is too smooth, and appear one-sided.
I find also that you were deliberately silent on your 14-day quarantine in Abuja. And for the whole of those two weeks you said NOTHING at all about your experience during your quarantine! Are you on government scholarship?
I wish you were a completely independent person giving us the long story which all appear lopsided by my estimation.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Investnow2017: 12:12am On Jun 12, 2020
Arcbox:
you see! from the story she has posted, you may have a justification for your conclusions and you may not. I know Evelyn john as we all depart Nigeria same time for a doctoral program in China. I am in a different city from Wuhan and in a city of over 20million people. Before I start, I will use a simple illustration of the law of motion which states that equal and opposite reactions are met with opposite forces. In Nigeria today, traversing the four cardinal regions are with different characters, behavior and level of receptiveness of people, same thing apply to everywere in the world. The action portrays by some Nigerians outside Nigeria always put others in negative corner. Every country have their law. In China, you must present your valid passport as a foreign to rent accommodation, get a hotel room, Banking and alot that can be mentioned. without which you cannot access those facilities. My best friend we came to China together is in the city of Guangzhou. We all have a PhD Nigerian and African group where everybody communicate incase of issues like this. The friend in Guangzhou told me that most of the guys affected are people that have stayed illegal in China without valid document. the actions of this fellow prompt the negative treatment from the Chinese which is normal. As a student here in China, the international student office took care of me; supply me face mask till this moment, as about your health everyday, provide for your feeding and living allowance and others. Another question you should as is that; why us it mostly Nigerians? I have a Ghanaian friend in that city who never complain about anything rather praise Chinese for their care.My conclusion is that; As a Nigerian in any country we should be respectful and well behaved if not we can't get a respect. A situation where you meet a Nigerian guy and all he is talking about is how to make money either true hook or crook. please let's behavior ourselves.

I agree with you. True, many Nigerians carry the ugly mentality of jumping queue, disorderliness along with them outside Nigeria. But from what we read and saw on the media the Chinese negative attitude was an African wide poor treatment, it was not limited to Nigerians alone, other Africans were equally maltreated. Others here can bear me out.

5 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Arcbox(m): 12:21am On Jun 12, 2020
when one person commit an offense, innocent people are always affected.
Investnow2017:

I agree with you. True, many Nigerians carry the ugly mentality of jumping queue, disorderliness along with them outside Nigeria. But from what we read and saw on the media the Chinese negative attitude was an African wide poor treatment, it was not limited to Nigerians alone, other Africans were equally maltreated. Others here can bear me out.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Investnow2017: 12:32am On Jun 12, 2020
LadySarah:
My cousin is currently on quarantine in Abuja being one of those recently repatriated from China.
He also said since February till the day the Nig govt picked them up , he never lacked good food,medicwtion and hospitality coutesy of the Chinese govt.All for free!

Something fishy abt the media reports Imo.

Is it possible to accept that those live streams on international media where Africans, not just Nigerians, were stranded on the streets and notices of "No Africans needed here" pasted at restaurants in which attracted national reactions across Africa, were stage managed to defame China? The narratives of those who were victims of that abhorrent discrimination will surely be different.
For those who have found their feet outside these shores, what those guys experienced in China during that period is about the worst thing that can happen to you in a strange land. To sleep outside in the cold in fear in a foreign land is no fun embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by sexylassie2(f): 12:33am On Jun 12, 2020
Arcbox:

So because they are illegal they should be treated like dogs?

Arent there lot of chinese illegals in Nigeria? Like Chinese are respectful in Nigeria, they abuse our culture and maltreat workers here,
why are you creating excuses for this Chinese just because of hotel bed and food.

So when food and hotel bed is given you, others who are suffering should go to hell

How about this

why target blacks alone.

waiting for another excuses

Why is tha

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by princechina(m): 12:38am On Jun 12, 2020
Prince♥️China��
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by frog12: 12:42am On Jun 12, 2020
i go run from wuhan virus city
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by greenskittles: 1:00am On Jun 12, 2020
Subduer:
1. Evelyn's narrative sounds as if she's a Mrs John. She also looks like Middle Belt.
2. She didn't say whether she's on a Chinese Government Scholarship, or sabbatical. If she's a beneficiary of Chinese Government money, Nigerians can understand.
3. What she didn't say tells volumes. So she didn't hear that a Nigerian BIT a Chinese nurse. That omission, for a PhD candidate, maybe International.
4. And having to return to China to defend her Dissertation, no reasonable person will expect her not write as she has. Just leave matter for Mattias.
5. Welcome Mummy. Oga must be glad to see his babe back.
Exactly, at first I was enjoying the write-up but as it went on it started to seem like she was paid to write it, or is under some kind of duress.

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by courage9(m): 1:10am On Jun 12, 2020
We are not so gullible to be easily deceived. Are u saying that they didn't do what they were accused of ? They are only trying to Change the narrative of their treatment so that some other person's can go and preach the gospel about them. The Chinese I know of that are even show casing their racial stunts even here in Naija talk less in China...
They're trying to mend the bad publicity image
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by paschalmezie(m): 1:57am On Jun 12, 2020
Sincerely, her story was so intriguing, convincing, easy to consume and speaks so much volume to the hospitality of Chinese people.

Thanks for sharing.

SolutionsMed:
Nigerian student who was in Wuhan, China at the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, narrates her experience.

Evelyn John

https://pandanet.ng/covid-19-my-tale-of-3-cities/
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by naijaman2225(m): 2:00am On Jun 12, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Damage control
TO THE MAX.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by naijaman2225(m): 2:02am On Jun 12, 2020
Aflix:
This post seems like a sponsored post. How is it that she met only those that has songs of praise for China. You cannot tell me that the ambassador that spoke angrily to some Chinese officials did so just because he felt like.

SHE IS SELLING PROPAGANDA AS EXPERIENCE.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by naijaman2225(m): 2:11am On Jun 12, 2020
grandstar:

She could have written anonymously. I feel she told the truth,

We need more Nigerian students to open up. There must have been discrimination but not as bad as we were made to feel. Then again, I think attitude matters. Nigerians can be rude and stubborn and this may not be easily acceptable to many abroad especially when there's a very contagious killer virus flying around;

THE FACT THAT SHE DIDN'T WRITE ANONYMOUSLY MAKES IT PLAIN THERE'S LITTLE TRUTH THERE. TOO MUCH SELF CENSORSHIP FOR HER STORY TO BE CREDIBLE.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by naijaman2225(m): 2:13am On Jun 12, 2020
PoliteActivist:

THANK YOU FOR THAT. IN CHINA, THERE IS NO FREEDOM TO DISSENT AND EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY IS CONTROLLED EVEN MORE THAN WHAT WE HAVE HERE IN NIGERIA.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by naijaman2225(m): 2:19am On Jun 12, 2020
courage9:
We are not so gullible to be easily deceived. Are u saying that they didn't do what they were accused of ? They are only trying to Change the narrative of their treatment so that some other person's can go and preach the gospel about them. The Chinese I know of that are even show casing their racial stunts even here in Naija talk less in China...
They're trying to mend the bad publicity image

CHINESE RACISM IS WORSE THAN WHITE RACISM

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by thespokenword: 2:42am On Jun 12, 2020
How did China overcome CoViD-19? What drugs, and other measures taken?
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Arcbox(m): 2:52am On Jun 12, 2020
you sound very funny. I have told you how things are being done in out country. so if they said carrying of drugs is punishable by death in Saudi and a Nigerian commit that offenses he should be free because Nigerian government saw a saudi nationale in Nigeria carrying drugs and they allow him? its let's for the Nigerian government to punish offenders also in Nigeria. You have to know that China government is not against Nigeria punishing a Chinese expat who has committed offenses. every country is different
sexylassie2:

So because they are illegal they should be treated like dogs?

Arent there lot of chinese illegals in Nigeria? Like Chinese are respectful in Nigeria, they abuse our culture and maltreat workers here,
why are you creating excuses for this Chinese just because of hotel bed and food.

So when food and hotel bed is given you, others who are suffering should go to hell

How about this

why target blacks alone.

waiting for another excuses

Why is tha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by RTSC: 3:14am On Jun 12, 2020
Sounds like someone singing for her supper.

And Nigerians are ever ready to sing for the highest bidder.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Obidon1(m): 3:41am On Jun 12, 2020
You are paid to write this
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by PoliteActivist: 3:42am On Jun 12, 2020
naijaman2225:

THANK YOU FOR THAT. IN CHINA, THERE IS NO FREEDOM TO DISSENT AND EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY IS CONTROLLED EVEN MORE THAN WHAT WE HAVE HERE IN NIGERIA.

How can u even begin to compare China to Nigeria in that aspect. In China the govt has a seat at the family dinner table - just like a respected and feared head of family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service / Nursing Mum Discovers Methylated Spirit In A Vitamins Syrup She Bought In Imo / She Switched Her A.c On Always..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.