Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,286 members, 7,829,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China (28310 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ / Coronavirus: Dead Man Lying On The Street Of Wuhan In China (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Agugbadin: 3:42am On Jun 12, 2020
Nice one, even here in Nigeria hotels were reject customers at the height of the pandemic especially if have traveled into Nigeria from Europe
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 12, 2020
SolutionsMed:
Nigerian student who was in Wuhan, China at the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, narrates her experience.

Evelyn John

https://pandanet.ng/covid-19-my-tale-of-3-cities/
Good experience overall but go and build your own country and stop being a pest after you are done with your studies.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Nobody: 3:59am On Jun 12, 2020
piagetskinner:
You are lucky you weren’t mistreated

Many other Nigerians weren’t as lucky

And yes like the guy above me said “she get money “. Once you get money for China them no go wahala you
No be matter of u get money, maybe the Chinese she met wasn't racist or they knew there were student studying in China and they know what it means if they treat them bad, there would have bad reputation on mistreating students and low revenues from foreign students.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 12, 2020
Investnow2017:
Thank you Evelyn for your detailed narration. However there are some questions left unanswered. Could you have done that on purpose because you will be returning back to China to complete your programme for fear the complete story might backfire?
Everyone knows that the communist regime does not tolerate criticism and right now the image of China on the world stage is not looking good for their alleged poor handling of this pandemic that has claimed lives and has rendered millions around the world jobless, and overturned the global economy. And China right now is very sensitive to any negative news that might flame the amber of further hatred for them. Their aggressive attitude towards Australia for simply calling for probe into the origin of the virus speaks volumes.
Your narration may all be true, but for me, it is too smooth, and appear one-sided.
I find also that you were deliberately silent on your 14-day quarantine in Abuja. And for the whole of those two weeks you said NOTHING at all about your experience during your quarantine! Are you on government scholarship?
I wish you were a completely independent person giving us the long story which all appear lopsided by my estimation.
Want to ask a question? Why was the Nigerian diplomat treated badly if that's the case or are you saying he was cutting corners?
Again China has the highest record of illegal stay in the USA, Nigeria 10th position or so. The thing is Nigerians generally makes too much noise on social media and in many countries, when you do that you create attention which leads to target. For example Chinese are doing illegal mining and wood lodging worth millions of dollars in Ghana in collaboration with the locals but they're not profiling them as criminals because they don't intimidate locals with their money and they're not noisy like Nigerians. Nigerians should fix their country.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by koladata(m): 5:01am On Jun 12, 2020
Bro they are called the "50cent army" its a sponsored post , china is shit , real shit, even their own citizens are complaining, japans are fighting for freedom and one Nigerian is here praising them, its a sponsored post
Aflix:
This post seems like a sponsored post. How is it that she met only those that has songs of praise for China. You cannot tell me that the ambassador that spoke angrily to some Chinese officials did so just because he felt like.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by thatigboman: 5:31am On Jun 12, 2020
Aflix:
This post seems like a sponsored post. How is it that she met only those that has songs of praise for China. You cannot tell me that the ambassador that spoke angrily to some Chinese officials did so just because he felt like.
but she talked about those that no hotel agreed to receive. U didnt read that part?
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by thatigboman: 5:38am On Jun 12, 2020
Arcbox:
you see! from the story she has posted, you may have a justification for your conclusions and you may not. I know Evelyn john as we all depart Nigeria same time for a doctoral program in China. I am in a different city from Wuhan and in a city of over 20million people. Before I start, I will use a simple illustration of the law of motion which states that equal and opposite reactions are met with opposite forces. In Nigeria today, traversing the four cardinal regions are with different characters, behavior and level of receptiveness of people, same thing apply to everywere in the world. The action portrays by some Nigerians outside Nigeria always put others in negative corner. Every country have their law. In China, you must present your valid passport as a foreign to rent accommodation, get a hotel room, Banking and alot that can be mentioned. without which you cannot access those facilities. My best friend we came to China together is in the city of Guangzhou. We all have a PhD Nigerian and African group where everybody communicate incase of issues like this. The friend in Guangzhou told me that most of the guys affected are people that have stayed illegal in China without valid document. the actions of this fellow prompt the negative treatment from the Chinese which is normal. As a student here in China, the international student office took care of me; supply me face mask till this moment, as about your health everyday, provide for your feeding and living allowance and others. Another question you should as is that; why us it mostly Nigerians? I have a Ghanaian friend in that city who never complain about anything rather praise Chinese for their care.My conclusion is that; As a Nigerian in any country we should be respectful and well behaved if not we can't get a respect. A situation where you meet a Nigerian guy and all he is talking about is how to make money either true hook or crook. please let's behavior ourselves.
God bless you
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by ThatFairGuy: 5:44am On Jun 12, 2020
Realist5:
If na Naija Hotel, even their left over food would not be given to you.

Kudos to the People for their high level of Hospitality.
How many Nigeria hotel have you lodge that made you said this? Why all these ill comments about Nigeria from you people? why?
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by GeneralPula: 6:13am On Jun 12, 2020
Nonsense..

Who cares..

I know say one day we blacks go get sense..
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by luluosas(m): 7:12am On Jun 12, 2020
Very detailed
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by raphy(m): 7:25am On Jun 12, 2020
see how China make the babe fresh.
I hail o
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Aflix(m): 9:19am On Jun 12, 2020
thatigboman:
but she talked about those that no hotel agreed to receive. U didnt read that part?
Bro, I did. You also read that those guys still ended up praising China, I guess the writer added that just to make the story more believable.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by thatigboman: 9:38am On Jun 12, 2020
Aflix:
Bro, I did. You also read that those guys still ended up praising China, I guess the writer added that just to make the story more believable.
someone that knows the writer has clarified that already
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Nmezor(f): 9:45am On Jun 12, 2020
Well the write up had sm elements of truth in it...Not buying everything she wrote there tho.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Ayobami7(m): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2020
noted
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by olaleye9514: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2020
Fheelzz:
Nice
nice one
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Slimpotter(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
madamori9:
This is really detailed, but I doubt China can have a better relation with any country.

China betrayed the world.

How if I may ask?
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Slimpotter(m): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
ethicallyright:
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNIST REPUBLIC OF CHINA!

AT LEAST A CHINESE OFFICIAL DIDN'T KNEEL TO KILL A HELPLESS NIGERIAN

People's Republic of China.
Communist countries don't add communist to their official names, some may add Soviet republics.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Slimpotter(m): 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Joefat:

Oga Yekini, Easyyyyyyyy nah

Which crimes again

Try to have a Mind of forgiveness just for once..

Forgiveness for what in the first place, does he know what he's saying, why blame a whole country for a pandemic, how does it sound.
Why don't we start blaming every country for every disease that started from there.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Slimpotter(m): 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
LadySarah:
My cousin is currently on quarantine in Abuja being one of those recently repatriated from China.
He also said since February till the day the Nig govt picked them up , he never lacked good food,medicwtion and hospitality coutesy of the Chinese govt.All for free!

Something fishy abt the media reports Imo.

Alot is, Nigerians are being used by their western colonial masters to fan sinophobic statements against the Chinese.
They may have made mistakes here and there but not how the media puts them.
Re: Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 14, 2020
AreaFada2:
I believe Evelyn's story.

In the same USA where a white police man Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck to kill him, over the feud they allegedly had working as security guards previously, some white people show uncommon kindness to black people.

Experiences differ quite often. In 9ja currently some are benefiting from the system. For them there's no better place to be. For many others it's a fine mess.

Osondi owendi.

Very correct.....Gbam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinese Baby Born With 16 Toes (Pics) / Chicken Pecks Buyer To Coma In Asaba / Lady Recounts How Carelessness Made Her Lose Her Partner At FMC, Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.