Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Help My Redmi Is Acting Up - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help My Redmi Is Acting Up (3294 Views)

Redmi Is Launching A New Laptop: Redmibook Pro 2022 / Help, My Infinix Hot 8 Lite Is Acting Up / How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by Priapus69: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2020
1. Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.

2. Turn it on and let it turn off again.

3. Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.

4. Unplug your charger.

5. Turn your phone on. It's likely that the battery indicatorwon't say 100 percent, so plug the charger back in (leave your phone on) and continue charging until it says 100 percent on the screen as well.

6. Unplug your phone and restart it. If it doesn't say 100 percent, plug the charger back in until it says 100 percent on screen.

7. You want to repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent (or as close as you think it's going to get) when you start it up without being plugged in.

If this doesn't work, then you should consider battery replacement.
Tip: To extend battery life always use it between 20-80%.
Thanks
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by BoboKush(m): 8:54am On Jun 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:
Op, where are you?

I have been waiting for you to ask for help, under the Xiaomi thread..

I did not see your shadow, talk less of you ooo..

Better come and ask for help ooo..That help you need, you must get it..

Shebi, you people don't want to have sense with useless posts everywhere abi?

We must help you by fire by force!!!

I love this.... Lol

2 Likes

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by dauntless15(m): 9:04am On Jun 11, 2020
Priapus69:

1. Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.

2. Turn it on and let it turn off again.

3. Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.

4. Unplug your charger.

5. Turn your phone on. It's likely that the battery indicatorwon't say 100 percent, so plug the charger back in (leave your phone on) and continue charging until it says 100 percent on the screen as well.

6. Unplug your phone and restart it. If it doesn't say 100 percent, plug the charger back in until it says 100 percent on screen.

7. You want to repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent (or as close as you think it's going to get) when you start it up without being plugged in.

If this doesn't work, then you should consider battery replacement.
Tip: To extend battery like always use it between 20-80%.
Thanks
the replacement is in Lagos right?
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by phemmyfour: 9:11am On Jun 11, 2020
dauntless15:
lol, new phone o, all this xaomi hype na wash. grin
Factory defect can affect any device
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by Priapus69: 9:23am On Jun 11, 2020
dauntless15:

I don't know, you can ask from the Xiaomi thread store
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by vhenronica: 10:21am On Jun 11, 2020
Haaa I guess you fell for the Xiaomi Marketers and bought their device. I keep advising Oppo and Samsung are the only phone for Nigeria. Yea they might be expensive but definitely worths it.
dauntless15:
My new redmi is acting up, my battery died flat and when I plugged it, it was on 1% then 5% then I switched it on only to see my battery is at 34% and it's not adding more after that jump.

7 Likes

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by temiregiddy: 10:26am On Jun 11, 2020
Baba sell off the phone
dauntless15:
And get an oppo or Samsung device
vhenronica:
Haaa I guess you fell for the Xiaomi Marketers and bought their device. I keep advising Oppo and Samsung are the only phone for Nigeria. Yea they might be expensive but definitely worths it.

5 Likes

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by Denovan: 10:33am On Jun 11, 2020
temiregiddy:
Baba sell off the phone
Baba oppo is still chinko

2 Likes

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by Denovan: 10:34am On Jun 11, 2020
If you need flaship quality get Samsung or iPhone. For mid-range get xiaomi, realme, vivo,oppo etc
avoid transsion if you want software update and custom roms

1 Like

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by bigboychukstar: 10:45am On Jun 11, 2020
True talk but their devices have a close performance than the Samsung you are hyping.
Denovan:

Baba oppo is still chinko
Well on this one, I feel Oppo is amongst the quality flagship phones check out their Reno series and Find X pls. I guess you will make a better conclusion
Denovan:
If you need flaship quality get Samsung or iPhone. For mid-range get xiaomi, realme, vivo,oppo etc
avoid transsion if you want software update and custom roms

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by dauntless15(m): 10:46am On Jun 11, 2020
temiregiddy:
Baba sell off the phone
Yea this is what I'd do, xaomi na hype, nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by dauntless15(m): 10:47am On Jun 11, 2020
vhenronica:
I'm really regretting now.
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by temiregiddy: 10:58am On Jun 11, 2020
Nice decision. Sha review the next device before buying one. Some devices burst while charging them cheesy
dauntless15:

2 Likes

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by Denovan: 11:07am On Jun 11, 2020
bigboychukstar:
True talk but their devices have a close performance than the Samsung you are hyping.
Well on this one, I feel Oppo is amongst the quality flagship phones check out their Reno series and Find X pls. I guess you will make a better conclusion
I know bro
Oppo find x2 is one of the best flagships around
Also xiaomi make great quality phones, check mi 10 pro
Even Huawei p40 pro
All are quality phones, from China

1 Like

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by Denovan: 11:50am On Jun 11, 2020
dauntless15:
You bought a low entry device and you expect to get flagship performance, sorry you are beginning to reason like indians. If you want a flagship phone simply go and buy Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra, iPhone 11 pro max, Huawei p40 pro plus,OnePlus 8 pro, Oppo find X2 pro , Mi 10 pro. But when it comes to mid-range nobody does it better than xiaomi or realme. You can go and make your research. My 2 cents tho
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by dauntless15(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
Denovan:

You bought a low entry device and you expect to get flagship performance, sorry you are beginning to reason like indians. If you want a flagship phone simply go and buy Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra, iPhone 11 pro max, Huawei p40 pro plus,OnePlus 8 pro, Oppo find X2 pro , Mi 10 pro. But when it comes to mid-range nobody does it better than xiaomi or realme. You can go and make your research. My 2 cents tho
So flagships doesn't develop fault? Or the fact that its a so called low entry phone it should start having battery problems few months later, before typing rubbish please connect your brain. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by gogeekish(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
You have screwed up your phone with small Gen (I better pass my neighbour) or with a fake power bank.

Period. Need help? Connect with us!
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by Denovan: 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
dauntless15:
So flagships doesn't develop fault? Or the fact that its a so called low entry phone it should start having battery problems few months later, before typing rubbish please connect your brain. undecided
my friend that is a software problem, learn how to respect people I didn't insult you.
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by dauntless15(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
Denovan:

my friend that is a software problem, learn how to respect people I didn't insult you.
Learn how to talk without sounding egoistic and condescending, I didn't insult you either.

1 Like

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by Denovan: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
dauntless15:
Learn how to talk without sounding egoistic and condescending, I didn't insult you either.
How did I sound egoistic, I simply told you the truth. You have a low entry device, all those software hinges are expected because the OEM compromise on costs, software update might fix it though, no need to create a thread. if you want a good phone get a proper mid-range device. So how is that egoistic
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by PrettyBunny(f): 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Denovan:

How did I sound egoistic, I simply told you the truth. You have a low entry device, all those software hinges are expected because the OEM compromise on costs, software update might fix it though, no need to create a thread. if you want a good phone get a proper mid-range device. So how is that egoistic

Guy, he is lying..Don't stress yourself abeg
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by Denovan: 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

you are right
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by dauntless15(m): 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
Denovan:

And I also asked a simple question, so mid-range and high end phones don't develop faults? Mr. Know it all, you concluded that my 4gig ram device is low end that's why it developed fault.
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by dauntless15(m): 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

Lol the fact that you lie about everything doesn't mean we're all like you.

1 Like

Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

Go to Xiaomi thread and ask for help...

lmao nairaland and comments sha ,ok bro Shay u want make them roast am ?
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by sheggsliveth: 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
dauntless15:
Why would i slander xaomi, i use a redmi 7 64/4ram, i am serious about an issue and you're making jokes.

That's what happened to mine before swallowing,I have to replace it and it's working file now, hope it still holds?
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by dauntless15(m): 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
sheggsliveth:

That's what happened to mine before swallowing,I have to replace it and it's working file now, hope it still holds?
Yours became swollen? Where did you replace it?
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by koskilala: 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
dauntless15:
My new redmi is acting up, my battery died flat and when I plugged it, it was on 1% then 5% then I switched it on only to see my battery is at 34% and it's not adding more after that jump.
oga since it's a new phone return it to where you bought it from, but if you insist you must use it then you can take it to any repair center like carlcare for a fix
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by dauntless15(m): 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
koskilala:
oga since it's a new phone return it to where you bought it from, but if you insist you must use it then you can take it to any repair center like carlcare for a fix
Return it to China? I bought on AliExpress.
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by koskilala: 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
dauntless15:
Return it to China? I bought on AliExpress.
wow shocked, see wahala
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by ottohan: 6:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Jazzlite:

Yawns
Mumu
Re: Help My Redmi Is Acting Up by bigboychukstar: 10:20am On Jun 22, 2020
There's no way Xiaomi is topping my list.
Denovan:

I know bro
Oppo find x2 is one of the best flagships around
Also xiaomi make great quality phones, check mi 10 pro
Even Huawei p40 pro
All are quality phones, from China

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Freetel ICE 2 Specifications And Price / 8 Android Settings You Should Change Right Now! / All-in-one Solution For Iphone X, Iphone 8/8 Plus And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.