Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:11 AM

We Need Our National ID Cards - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / We Need Our National ID Cards (31455 Views)

Missing Wallet, ID Cards & Money Found By A Lady (Photos) / Osinbajo: How Youth Contributed To Building Nigeria, Increase Our National Pride / NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues (2) (3) (4)

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Rexnegro(m): 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
Adejoncy01:
I saw a news earlier which the director of NIMC was saying less than 100 million Nigerians have any means of identity.

Now, my issue is, have they issued ID cards to the ones who have registered for it?

I've registered for the National ID card for not less than 3 good years without my ID card.
This is an era where banks give ATM cards instantly. What stop NIMC from emulating them.

Someone should tell NIMC that we need our National ID card!
yours is just three years ago? I enrolled either 2013 or 2014 can't really remember again .... well I bother less since I have int'l passport which is the height of id for any national. if they like they share am if they also like make they no share am na them sabi jor....
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
I always tell people, the people at the top only believe that the problem they themselves are facing is what the whole of Nigerians are facing.

That's the only explanation for that statement because I don't know if he wants to tell us that he is not aware that thousands of Nigerians have registered for years now without getting their cards?
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
AFTER SIX YEARS, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MINE. JUST THAT NONSENSE OVERSIZED PAPER SLIP THAT I WAS GIVEN IN 2014.

FORGET THOSE USELESS GUYS AND SAVE UP A LITTLE MORE THAN 40K FOR AN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT. NA YEYE COUNTRY BE THIS.
My brother, we have seen it all and i can confidently tell you that Nigeria is a Very Very yeye country.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by paix(m): 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
avast01:

will it be corrected if lost ??
Yes, when you apply for replacement; you'd then do the necessary corrections.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Engr1(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
ThereIsHopeee:
Honestly!

I've been waiting for the text I was told I'd get since God knows when.

Nothing works in this country. Nothing.
I was given a text just like u said........i went to where I registered and collected it.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by mastasam(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
funny enough they are issuing already expired ng id
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Adejoncy01(m): 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

OP, if you can still Edith your post. please let it be #WeNeedOurNationalIDNow. If this can trend on Twitter as well to create awareness since there's no medium to voice out other than this.

Unfortunately, I was unable to modify it.

We can still make it trend though.

#WeNeedOurNationalIDNow
let's make this happen

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by ThereIsHopeee: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by realbridge(m): 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
The National ID thing is becoming challenging to Nigerians; simple national ID. Banks like Stanbic IBTC, Access Bank give you ATM same day withing an hour. Yet, NIMC is doing as if simple ID is a big deal.
Some Immigration officers at Passport Office, Alagbon, Lagos are allowing money becloud their sense of responsibility, thereby becoming very corrupt. The other day, some immigration officers, especially one slim dark lady known as G.E. Odu (I have other names) were disrupting the flow of coordination of people who woke early, left their houses and got to Passport (National ID card office share a space inside Immigration Office) around 5:30 a.m to queue in order to get a tag (2 officers are in charge at the gate, one of them has his start from letter O) for national ID capture, which usually starts at 8:55 a.m. Some captured, some did not. Nigerian immigration officers need to grow up. They shout that Buhari is corrupt, instead they (some immigration officers) are part of the corrupt Nigerians. Nigerians are watching. The world is watching.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
Should we protest?

should we?

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
They can make voters card available in two weeks during election period, but they can't make nimc card available.. Very incompetent people!!
It's possible the data is lost. Those that registered after me have been given. Nimc is a Useless organization.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by IME1: 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
avast01:

will it be corrected if lost ??

I think so
Nothing what is really free in Nigeria sad
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by IME1: 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
NisforNicky:

you are a funny fellow

thanks for making me smile smiley

It's my privilege to make you smile smiley
Keep smiling
God is good

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by MrBachelor: 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
The thing is, if they can't get even the simplest things right how then can they solve more complex issues?
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by PlsBanMe: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
Be truthfully for you will die one day. Have you ever made
200k on this job you are promising people they will learn and earn 270k?

ThereIsHopeee:

PS 2: The first five people will have an Upwork account opened and approved for them to monetize this skill, for free.

Would you rather exchange 2,490 naira for over 270,000 naira or will you use it to flex today?

Rich people think long term, poor people think short term. Which one are you?

Send him a message now.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Kenneth10110(m): 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Support Biaflaaa.

Your card will be produce in 3 Eke market days

What do you gain on tribalism. I hope your not part of those typing Black live matters.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by dasparrow: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
I went to renew my passport in February 2013 at the immigration headquarters in Abuja and there happened to be a NIMC branch there at immigration. So I thought to myself, let me kill two birds with one stone and just register for this National ID card at once. So I did.

3 years later in 2016, I receive a text message asking me to come pick up the card. I didn't have to pay a dime. I went back to immigration NIMC branch where I registered for the ID card, showed the woman there the text message sent to me and she handed me my card.

I just believe it was God's favour on my life because I had co-workers at my job who applied for the card before me albeit in a different NIMC branch and they were still waiting to get theirs. I relocated back overseas some months thereafter and took my NIMC ID card with me.

I hope those who registered and haven't gotten their ID cards will get theirs soon because the waiting time is ridiculous for a mere ID card.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by dasparrow: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
MrBachelor:
The thing is, if they can't get even the simplest things right how then can they solve more complex issues?

They can't. That is why Nigeria as a nation is in the mess it is today.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by dasparrow: 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
chibatov:
Where can I get an international passport done? And how long does it takes before I get it

You will have to go to immigration in the state you reside in. As for how long it takes, it all depends on whether you have an immigration officer that will help you expedite the process or not. Also, immigration offices in Lagos and Abuja are usually busy while up north and in some southern states they are not too busy allowing you to get the passport faster.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Freshmom: 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
AFTER SIX YEARS, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MINE. JUST THAT NONSENSE OVERSIZED PAPER SLIP THAT I WAS GIVEN IN 2014.

FORGET THOSE USELESS GUYS AND SAVE UP A LITTLE MORE THAN 40K FOR AN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT. NA YEYE COUNTRY BE THIS.

Even the slip sef before you get it you will suffer after all this stress this people will still not give us our I.D card is just so unfair, mine is since 2014 as well.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by JaceyOpara(m): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Lol, I guess you mean Express passport...
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by armadeo(m): 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ayt27:
I don't even know the status of mine, I have NIN number but no ID card.
Funny thing is I got the NIN from my GTB USSD platform

I checked my balance using the *737# USSD code and my NIN number + BVN was there.

Oga.

I misplaced my slip and have been trying to get my nin number to no avail even on the website with my registered number. but I just checked what you typed and saw it there.

We need privatisation of everything in this country.

I can assure you that if banks are given this contract for NIN by the end of the year everyone will have a nin number which would be tied to bvn.

Nigerian government is mad.

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by armadeo(m): 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
JaceyOpara:

Lol, I guess you mean Express passport...

Guy you wan wait for normal things.

Na die oh. I no fit shout any thing I do concerning nigerian documents express straight preferably bring it to me.

They would frustrate your life.

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Ellixlimswag(m): 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
MrBONE2:

I know how to ride Horses and Ox-Carts, please will I be eligible for the drivers license cheesy
na animal license be that o
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Ayt27(m): 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
armadeo:

Oga.

I misplaced my slip and have been trying to get my nin number to no avail even on the website with my registered number. but I just checked what you typed and saw it there.

We need privatisation of everything in this country.

I can assure you that if banks are given this contract for NIN by the end of the year everyone will have a nin number which would be tied to bvn.

Nigerian government is mad.

Maybe you should check your PFA's or bank's USSD platform. You may be lucky to retrieve it.

My bro Naija matter na the leaders, if you want to know if this country can progress the private sector is the best bet.
How come growth dey private sector but public sector dey fail.

You'll be hearing stuffs like Na govt work
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by OfeAkwuPrincess(f): 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
Na so one time when I travel go village, govt people bring National ID card wey my uncle apply for 4 years before. My uncle don already pass away when dem bring am. Wetin dead man wan use national ID do again?
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Longman8: 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
After how many years old Nigeria can't boast of a well organise program where things are done nd taken immediately without complain or delay. Dem cause Nigeria self
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Samconcepts(m): 12:18am On Jun 12, 2020
Don't know if this thread can be of any help. My wife is having issues with her bank account and the only way out is to get a new national ID card, even if temporal but must be the one with NIN number.

We've gone round PH in search for a place to do the registration but no way. Heard they're on Coronavirus break, wondering how that's possible cos we've been waiting for like 3months now. Even the road side people said same thing.

Please can anybody inform us on the actual position of things as regards this enrollment now?
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by avast01(m): 2:31am On Jun 12, 2020
IME1:

I think so
Nothing what is really free in Nigeria sad

i was just wondering if its loss can be arranged
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by BigBashiru: 4:03am On Jun 12, 2020
Adejoncy01:
I saw a news earlier which the director of NIMC was saying less than 100 million Nigerians have any means of identity.

Now, my issue is, have they issued ID cards to the ones who have registered for it?

I've registered for the National ID card for not less than 3 good years without my ID card.
This is an era where banks give ATM cards instantly. What stop NIMC from emulating them.

Someone should tell NIMC that we need our National ID card!

Can the blacks do anything right without the help of Chinese or whites? The contract should be given to China.....

How To Download Videos From Youtube Without Stress, Any Url And App / What Is That Thing That No Amount Of Peer Pressure Can Make You Do? / World Most Hilarious Names