Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety (9975 Views)

Lagos police arrests gangsters, murderers & armed robbers / Ikorodu Robbers Bomb Their Operational Vehicles As They Escape (photo) / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by orgasm(m): 6:44am On Jan 25, 2011
This is very sad. This failed(?) night operation will encourage them to go for more day operation and ofcourse you that is death to bankers,customers,police,passersby etc. And these set of people are either ur relatives or neighbors.
A govt.(country) that can not protect her citizens against both internal and external aggressions is a failed and an irresponsible govt. GEJ and other april 2011 election aspirants take note!
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 25, 2011
So after bursting open the bank they left without taking any cash? That's hard to believe! I guess the bank's just doing some sort of damage control.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by adconline(m): 7:31am On Jan 25, 2011
Next time a bank builds its office next to my home/building
U think you are safe? If they cant get any money from the banks with dynamites and explosives, they would start sending threatening letters to home owners like you to pay millions of naira or ur home will be bombed.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by yuzedo: 7:52am On Jan 25, 2011
According to sources, the robbers did roll call as soon as they assembled and had i.d cards which they all dropped one by one at the scene after the failed robbery attempt, That accounts for the accurate number reported, undecided angry cheesy
, Those robbers no try! Dem no dey watch oceans 11?? Smh! undecided undecided angry
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by segunjowo(m): 7:52am On Jan 25, 2011
People are just desperate to lay hand on money. Why? Nigerian, why?
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Jeezy: 8:10am On Jan 25, 2011
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety )

Police is worried about whose safety??The robbers Yeah, right.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 25, 2011
Hahaha sooo much fail. Armed Robber incompetence.

In fact, i think this one deserves an EPIC FAIL!
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Enouwem(m): 8:51am On Jan 25, 2011
50 criminals hmmm.
for wetin? or abi dem go fight civil war lolz,  grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin wink
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by raiisaj: 9:04am On Jan 25, 2011
This is very sad, in Nigeria of today, robbers operated for about 3hrs and a no show from our police Nawa ooooo and those idiot police stay on the road harrassing commuter buses and others wne when its time to work where they have been employed to work (protect the people) they are always found wanting,

Its really sad,
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Fidelo726: 9:05am On Jan 25, 2011
roselynbas:

dem carry amoured tank after the robbery don finish for broad day light. why the tank no come out for night? hsss!
GBAM! N who dem dey fool.
That is even a tough one.
If a five man gang is rubbung a place in the night and u call the police, they will definitely be there but only few minutes after the operation.
Probably they will be somewhere watching till the end of the show.

Ujujoan:

So after bursting open the bank they left without taking any cash? That's hard to believe! I guess the bank's just doing some sort of damage control.

Nigerians! If they had said some millions where stolen we complain that the bank is exagerating the amount. Now they said no money was stolen and we call it damage control measure.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by CILT: 9:09am On Jan 25, 2011
It is a pity that Arsenal is now Nigeria fire works.
Where was police when the operation was going on?

It is high time we ask ourselves the question: Why would the FG withdraw police from banks?
I believe there can not be outside without inside.

50, 3hrs, no success and no security external force. This calls for a big questioning.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Kreamie(m): 9:14am On Jan 25, 2011
This is very pathetic!I Know this bank very well, as a matter of fact, this bank in question is like a 3mins from by house, This is a very disturbing development! Haba! BOMBS!? Omo!, Naija don dey fear me now ooooo, Bombs in lasgidi! Chai!  cry cry cry cry *WAILING*
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by paulo1234: 9:18am On Jan 25, 2011
Police is busy arranging security companies for banks.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by gistar(m): 9:28am On Jan 25, 2011
Na God go help us for this country o.good dynamites keep being in bad hands. na wa o.
Dynamites has turned to pure water that even robbers can use it to rob now right.
well that na one way to step up sha.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 25, 2011
embarassed OMG dat was the area i stayed few weeks ago when i came to ruin some stuff in lagos, I'm just wondering where exactly to hide if i heard the explosion? May be under the bed too grin
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Intrepid1(m): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2011
Omo, make dem legalize guns for Naija joo! By the time the all residents begin commot with dia motherfucking weapons when robbers dey operate for dia streets, you no go need anyone to tell dem to join lastma or something!
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 25, 2011
Intrepid!:

Omo, make dem LEGALIZE GUNS for Naija joo! By the time the all residents begin commot with dia motherfucking weapons when robbers dey operate for dia streets, you no go need anyone to tell dem to join lastma or something!
if the police is upto the task just like america then dat might be a good idea for lagos b/c the city needs that but i dnt think so for abuja,enugu and other cool city
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by naijafrend: 10:22am On Jan 25, 2011
A source in the bank told newsmen that no life was lost and that no money was carted away by the invading gunmen, who allegedly came from Ayetoro boundary of Ogun State. He explained that the robbers were unsuccessful because of the security measures put in place in the bank, while giving assurance that there was no cause for alarm.

Why do I feel that the bank could have scripted this act ? Another way to advertise their " security measures " that even dynamites and bombs couldn't scatter ?? Else how can one believe that after so much action , no life was lost and that no money was carted away by the invading gunmen
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Basildon1(m): 10:26am On Jan 25, 2011
^^ Good question oh!

How did they get all the details about how they divided themselves in groups and how many they were??

Abi 9ja don get CCTV

Hmmm, when did CCTV becomes so science fiction in Nigeria. People even use it on their private properties
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by MrCork17: 10:30am On Jan 25, 2011
Robbers? was they IBo people? undecided (no oofeinse)
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by slap1(m): 10:34am On Jan 25, 2011
Amateur, nocturnal things. Professional bank robbers go for it in day light and usually number about ten. You came at night, had bombs, numbered more than the congregation of some pentecostal churches and still left with nothing. Shame on you all.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Intrepid1(m): 10:36am On Jan 25, 2011
Robbers? was they IBo people? Undecided (no oofeinse)

Igbos? Hell No! They were Martians! Dumbass!
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by software(m): 10:45am On Jan 25, 2011
This story has alot of lie lie in it, God help naija journalism
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by lynxnoon(m): 10:47am On Jan 25, 2011
funny, . . . . . . nobody seem to ask about the guards of the said bank,. . . so what happened to them? undecided
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Akuviv: 10:53am On Jan 25, 2011
One of the residents stated: “At 1. 00a.m, I heard heavy sound and I stood up immediately. I listened carefully and the sound continued at intervals. At first, I thought it was another Ikeja bomb blast. So, I went to hide under my bed but the sound continued. Later, I realised that the sound was coming from the location of the bank
.”  grin grin

Another resident, Sikiru Iyanda, told Saturday Sun: “When the sound from the dynamites and gunshots woke me up, what came to my mind was that these Boko Haram militants have come to invade Lagos. So, I called my wife and children and we began to pray.
 grin grin

Who was doing d counting ?
[b][/b]

Residents were counting from underneath their beds  tongue grin while Sikiru and family prayed1  grin grin

Seriously, thank God no one was hurt.

lynxnoon:

funny, . . . . . . nobody seem to ask about the guards of the said bank,. . . so what happened to them? undecided

I guess they ran for their dear lives!
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by u4nbl(m): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2011
i think police shud be ashamed of themselves.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by kazman7(m): 11:16am On Jan 25, 2011
how come robbers are getting more sophisticated in their use of weaponry,, Nigerian police where are thou
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by kunleco(m): 11:21am On Jan 25, 2011
Na real wa be dis one o!!! 50 robbers, bombs and dynamites dem come talk say nothing dey missing. Na dat one be d more u look d less u see!!! May God continue to help us for Naija
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by victorazy(m): 11:21am On Jan 25, 2011
where was the guard dem police?
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by hardbody: 11:44am On Jan 25, 2011
Why do I feel that the bank could have scripted this act ? Another way to advertise their " security measures " that even dynamites and bombs couldn't scatter ?? Else how can one believe that after so much action , no life was lost and that no money was carted away by the invading gunmen

While i do not hold forth for the bank, if my reading serves me correctly, this assault took place at about 1am. If this is correct, i would expect that no regular staff will be at work, the security men, as would be expected have gone back home to sleep so that they can resume at past 5am to prepare their handover notes for the next morning. Given this scenario, coupled with the fact that no transactions were on going and all monies should be safely stashed away in the bank's mega safe by close of business the day before, needless to say, there was no money available to be taken and no life available to be wasted. Generally speaking, robbing banks only work out positively in the course of banking transactions during the day. A course in Crime 101 should have told those Fwools that much grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by face76(m): 11:56am On Jan 25, 2011
Nigeria oh my Nigeria, where are we heading to with all this  Bombings
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2011
This is serious. So the robbers wasted their time and resources. cheesy cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Insecurity In Iba Local Government Area Of Lagos As Kidnapping Is On The Rise / See What A Wicked Dad Did To His Female Baby(photos) / See What Happened To Girl Who Tried To Steal Yahoo Boys Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.