Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ (7324 Views)

Benin Republic Is Nigeria's 37th State, Says Yayi / Madinatul Islam: Nigeria's 37th State? / Germany, Nigeria's 37th State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by jason123: 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2011
@ Ilele-idi
First of all, there is no "accommodating nature" when these yorubas from benin come to Nigeria. Infact, you would not be able to spot the difference between them and other Nigerian yorubas.
Secondly, they are infact yorubas and they even stretch up to the east of Ghana (Ewe). The ewe tribe say "ewkwabo" instead of "ekabo" although, the relationship and cultural differences between the both yoruba groups are indistinguishable to even the accent.
Infact, they want to start casting votes in Nigeria which would change the whole political land scape. The yorubas and hausas have brothers across the border who influence the dynamics of Nigeria. This is not fair on other groups.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by jason123: 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2011
ezeagu:

More than 7% of Bioko island is Igbo, Nigeria must provide boats to that island if this is passed or it is unfair. And they better not forget the Aro settlements in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea, yes, the whole of the Bight of Biafra! angry
Aren't there porrous borders in the EAST?
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2011
jason123:

@ Ilele-idi
First of all, there is no "accommodating nature" when these yorubas from benin come to Nigeria. Infact, you would not be able to spot the difference between them and other Nigerian yorubas.
Secondly, they are infact yorubas and they even stretch up to the east of Ghana (Ewe). The ewe tribe say "ewkwabo" instead of "ekabo" although, the relationship and cultural differences between the both yoruba groups are indistinguishable to even the accent.
Infact, they want to start casting votes in Nigeria which would change the whole political land scape. The yorubas and hausas have brothers across the border who influence the dynamics of Nigeria. This is not fair on other groups.

How?

I have said it not once, but twice already, that the Non-Yoruba Benins are also familiar with the Yoruba culture. Plz you people should stop wasting my time with unnecessary posts, I already have too much to read right now. No offense.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by ezeagu(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

They used to be more than 7% but returned to Nigeria during Francisco Macías Nguema regime.

Their 2002 census put the Igbo on Bioko at around 7%, that should have gone up a bit now.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Jenifa1: 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2011
I see ppl expressing some of their imperialistic tendencies here. let's sort out the problems within our borders first before talking about benin, togo and cameroon. someone is even talking about ewe in ghana. plz let's not go there. lol
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by isalegan2: 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

How?

I have said it not once, but twice already, that the Non-Yoruba Benins are also familiar with the Yoruba culture. Plz you people should stop wasting my time with unnecessary posts, I already have too much to read right now. No offense.

♫♪ Lookout! Another one bites the dust. Another one bites the dust. And another one gone. Another one bites the dust. Gonna get you too! ♪♫

Hehehehehe.  Jason, take heart.  Ileke's leaving a trail.  She takes no prisoners.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"We're Yet To Reap The Benefits Of Jonathan In Power" - South-south Leaders / Faulty Conveyor-belts & Fans At Refurbished Lagos Airport Terminal / Pics:the Man That Causes APC So Much Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.