Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,599 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Political Insurgency In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Insurgency In Nigeria (151 Views)

Shettima: We Will End Insurgency In Six Months / Military To Launch Major Operations Against "Insurgency" In South-East / DHQ: We Have Defeated Insurgency In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Political Insurgency In Nigeria by princeemmazy(m): 6:44am On Jun 12, 2020
Solemn greetings to you my fellow citizens of this great country, divinely bestowed with abundant natural resources, meant for the betterment of the people divinely ordained to occupy this territory called Nigeria, but been made to suffer under this kakistocratic government.
It is with severe pain in my heart, I write this open letter to you, my fellow citizens of the federal republic of Nigeria. Under the disguise of democratic governance, the leaders been elected came into power only with the mind set of enriching their pocket without any meaningful thing to offer we that elected them into power.
The preamble to the constitution gives the impression that the constitution is the work of Nigerians when it claims that "We the people of the federal republic of Nigeria: Having firmly and solemnly resolved... Do hereby make, enact and give to ourselves the following constitution ...." This is a lie as the Nigerians were not consulted in the preparation of this said constitution.
This gigantic boat was formerly captained by military personnel's and after some period of time, transition was made and a democratic government was introduced. This democratic government can be likened to a change of name, simply because the same set of military personnel's who oversaw the activities of Nigeria then, are still the same set we find in our political positions and parties. In relation to this fact, then where is the acclaimed transition.The 1999 constitution was drafted to suit their return and to make it almost unattainable to remove any executive from office and this is to make it difficult for their impeachment in case they eventually become a governor and a deputy governor likewise a president and his vice, section 188 of the constitution testifies to this.
The emergence of Covid 19 pandemic has blown the cloud apart and given we the citizens the much needed answer whether this democratic dispensation in which we are, have us in mind or not. A country incapable of sharing permanent voters card (PVC) to her citizens in four years have the effrontery to come out publicly to say she has shared millions of naira to her citizens in less than 24 hours. The acclaimed citizens that these funds were given cannot even be identified by the country nor the citizens biodata.
Nigeria as a country propagates the need for cashless policy to her citizens, but that same government in it barbarous firm of mind, came out publicly to tell the citizens that 700 billion naira got burnt in the office of the accountant general of the federation and that it was meant to be shared to the citizens as relief funds during the second phase of the lockdown. Few hours later, when they discovered that someone's share was not included in the acclaimed 700 billion naira that got burnt, the figure was upgraded to 900 billion naira in order to accommodate those needed to be bribed to keep quite.
My country as of today run a presidential system of government, whereby we have an elected president who came into power with a vice president to help the president when needed. I as a person got puzzled when the chairman of the presidential task force on Covid 19 issues now assumed the position of the president in addressing her citizens about the adjustment as regard the lockdown issues. One of the benefit of running a presidential system of government on the tax of the citizens to the president, is that it gave room for a vice president. If at all the president is quite busy to address people who elected him into power, then why cannot the president delegate the vice president to give the speech on his behalf, or even if we have a ghost president, do we also have a ghost vice president?.
This great country is said to run a multi party system but we the citizens have limited ourselves just to two political parties who have no good intention than to siphon our country income. We have limited ourselves just to two political parties mainly because of the bribes we collect from them during their campaign. Other parties and candidate with good intention exist , vibrant and agile men and women run for political post but never get into power because they don't belong to any of the two political parties in which the citizens of this country believed to be stronger.
According to section 131of the 1999 constitution as amended, to attain or contest for a presidential post, you must have attained the age of forty, but something keep disturbing my thinking which is, why do we have to risk our dear lifes to vote people older than the country into power, not forgetting that they are still the same people who controlled us during military regime. Let give a chance for a geniue change, not the change in which a political party fooled us with. Let give a chance to an entirely different government, a different young, energetic, promising and fulfilling individual, a new political party, let look away from this same set of individuals and put focus on a new and entirely different prospective.
Nigeria as of today, have 18 political parties but we all know that if an election is staged, the numbers of parties to recorn with are just two, so what's the usefulness of the remaining 16 political parties?. I as a person wonder why those 16 political parties cannot merge together to fight against the two acclaimed stronger parties. There is a popular saying which says "two heads are better than one" likewise 16 political parties coming together to form one party is of higher chance to emerge winner of any election.
My country deserves a change, our standard of living deserves a change, let's revive this country now before it gets too late, if this country continues this way, our offsprings might not be able to have a country to call their own. I stand for a change, we deserve a genuine change, with my vote and your votes, this much deserved change can be materialized and won't be a dream anymore.
2023 is fast approaching!
My vote and your vote counts!
Get your PVC!
My vote and your vote can perform wonders!
Say no to bribery from political parties!
Vote wisely!.

(1) (Reply)

. / Akeredolu Goes Emotional As He Receives Nomination, Expression Of Interest Forms / Suffering And Smiling: An Enemy Of Progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.