Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Suffering And Smiling: An Enemy Of Progress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suffering And Smiling: An Enemy Of Progress (155 Views)

PVC: You are an Enemy Of Nigeria If You Don't Have This. / Peller To Atiku: Only An Enemy Of Nigeria Will Want Power To Remain In The North / Fayose Suddenly Becomes An Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suffering And Smiling: An Enemy Of Progress by apexzyj(m): 6:21am On Jun 16, 2020
To be candid, I think we have suffered in the hands of oppressors and those who marginalizes for near quarter of a century and what the future holds for an average Nigerian looks oblique. The possibilities seem maligned and the hope of libration seems not to be in sight. I am becoming tired of our representatives sitting in their elected positions only to loot and enrich themselves at the expense of those who stood firm under the sun and in the rain to elect them into these positions. How long shall we continue like this? Are we not tired of this movement in cycles and circles? What does the future hold for the young boy or girl: the generations yet unborn? How long must we continue to toil in ruins, apply for jobs in vain (because you don't have a god father), required to pay bribes or worse still, commit sexual immorality just to advance a course? How long must we continue to be fooled into compromise and oblivion?

We are gradually overcoming the pandemic (COVID-19) that wrecked lives and it’s still causing havoc in the lives of many Nigerians and the world at large. Many people sacrificed their lives to save others (some doctors, some nurses, and some care-givers), some died of hunger and starvation, some died and are still dying as a result of carelessness and the blatant flaunting of the rules and regulations put in place by the government agencies (NCDC, the COVID-19 Presidential Committee etc.) vested with the powers to give guidelines for a smooth seal. Some also died because the government failed to fulfill their vows and pledges as nobody saw the palliatives or the relief materials promised them by the government. The environment was very hostile to the citizens of this great country held under the clutches of selfish politicians. Can you imagine that the relief materials released for the well-being of the teaming population was hijacked by the so-called people given the responsibility to do so? Daily, we hear of tons of relieve materials sent to the less privileged in the society which didn’t reach them. In the place where I live, they were moving around and sharing packaged candy which got exhausted half way into the sharing process and we never saw anything else. I mean, bags of rice, garri, etc., were released by the government but only packaged candy could reach the people. How can a person act like that and allow people to die of hunger and in the end, hope that God would overlook their dastardly act? How will the heavens see such injustice and allow you to go unscathed? Oh! That God will help us as a nation.

Leaving the government and its officials and focusing on market sellers and food vendors; what did we see? We saw nothing but the unusual hike in prices of commodities even to the very least as garri. It was and it’s still shocking to notice that a rubber of garri went for N1500 to N2000. Now, I begin to wonder because, in a time when people ought to show love and understanding; they thought it a time to make overnight gain. How wicked is humanity? Why is man very unreasonable and unfair to his follow man? When will this injustice and overly consciousness of self (selfishness) stop? Must we continue like this? How long must we continue suffering and smiling? We sometimes fail to realize that it is not only the government that enforces suffering on others as we can see this vivified by what the market sellers and food vendors did. Oh! That God will help our country and restore its dignity and pride so that the labours of our heroes past will not be in vain.

People continue to amass wealth (money) that their entire generation would utilize and will suffice but would never stop looting. They sometimes prefer that money rot in their mansions than get to people who need it. People fail to realize that money cannot save anyone when the Almighty God, the creator of the universe beckons on their soul to go to the great beyond. This incidence of COVID-19 has humbled the world powers; the G8, the billionaires etc.; money couldn’t save anyone. Look at the case of late Abba Kyari (the Former Chief of Staff to the President of Nigeria) who was killed by this beast of reckless wickedness called COVID-19, if only money could answer all things but we have just noticed that it can only answer many things. It is this pandemic that revealed the level of our wisdom as a country: a country where people go to other countries to invest in their economy at the total and complete neglect of their country. They enjoyed this type of life because; nobody was restricted from moving around the world. Little did they know that a time will come when they would be forced to stay in their country. It was at this that they suddenly discovered that their hospitals were grossly under equipped and hence, the management of the virus (COVID-19) became a challenge thus, resulting to the death of many. A food for thought is that, if countries like the United States of America could be badly hit by this particular virus; with all the sophistication and experience, I think we should be grateful to God that he shielded our country from the plague else, we would have known what it means to be negligent of your country’s infrastructure. I pray we learn from this experience and begin on a new page even as we pray that our government would begin to strategize on modalities to improve the infrastructures on ground so that the labours of our heroes past should never be in vain in Jesus Name.

My final advice is that we... https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=11c4f77aba4b42333c38a8ff0303f4fd&news_entry_id=s6b6b5ce2200610en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=3edca90eb7d258424e3a6e0fbfc4615e97468d04&from=publisher #OperaNewsHub

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

***best Social Media And Human Rights Activists Awards**** / Okowa Extols Speaker Oborevwori On Birth Anniversary / Thank You For Electing Me, Says Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.