Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,435 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola (864 Views)

Nasarawa: Gov Sule Appeals Tribunal Verdict Annulling His Election Victory / This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video / Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by StagethemTVee: 8:49am On Jun 12, 2020
June 12 1993 was a day Nigerians marched in millions to vote between SDP's MKO Abiola and NRC's Tofa, in what still appears to be the fairest election process in the history of the country. MKO Abiola appeared to be coasting home to victory until his friend and then Military Head of States, General Ibrahim Babangida annuled the election. Here is a video of Babangida annulling the June12 election won by MKO Abiola

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHeb4LonHg
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by bolaayenimo: 8:50am On Jun 12, 2020
Evil genius
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Davash222(m): 8:55am On Jun 12, 2020
In spite of this humiliation and wickedness, the Afonjas still see Umu Chukwu as their problem and number one enemy. Still licking the asss of people that humilated and killed one of their illustrious and sophisticated leader.
This slavery is beyond my comprehension.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Throwback: 9:11am On Jun 12, 2020
Davash222:
In spite of this humiliation and wickedness, the Afonjas still see Umu Chukwu as their problem and number one enemy. Still licking the asss of people that humilated and killed one of their illustrious and sophisticated leader.

Wailing clansman, it will be well with your troubled soul.

Take this Fulani shoulder and cry your eyes out.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 12, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Evil genius

Maradona himself
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Davash222(m): 9:14am On Jun 12, 2020
Throwback:

Wailing clansman, it will be well with your troubled soul.

Take this Fulani shoulder and cry your eyes out.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by donbachi(m): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2020
Annulment of June 12...favour or disfavour?
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by seunmsg(m): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2020
Davash222:

The atrocity committed by IBB against MKO was not as heinous as the crimes committed by Igbo military officers against the political and military leadership of the north and western region on January 15, 1966. Those cowards crept into the bedroom of their seniors at a time when reasonable people were sleeping to murder them in cold blood. In retaliation, over 200 young Igbo officers were killed by northerners and over 2 million of your folks were killed during the civil war.

As regards June 12, I’m glad to inform you that Yorubas have gotten over the injustice that was done to MKO. After IBB annulled the election, we fought him so much that he had to quickly step aside as military president. We fought the two successive military juntas after him until we achieved democracy for Nigeria in 1999. We ensured MKO’s struggle was not in vain.

We did not just achieve democracy for Nigeria, we ensured a Yoruba man ruled the country for the first eight years of our new democracy. The current Vice President is one of our own and June 12 is now the recognized day to celebrate democracy in Nigeria. In 2023, we are going to give the presidency another shot.

So you see, we are not a bitter people. When we are wronged, we simply fight back and get justice. We don’t wail and attack unnecessarily. Most importantly, we don’t allow hate to weigh us down. Cheers.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Justiceleague1: 9:33am On Jun 12, 2020
Demonic human being.
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Justiceleague1: 9:38am On Jun 12, 2020
Davash222:

I tell you.

Tinubu worked against mulikat Akande in favour of Tambuwal but they keep blaming gej. They even blamed ihedioha for accepting deputy senate as the one who supported Tambuwal!!!!

One even qouted the same Tambuwal to buttress his point against GEJ!!! He quoted the very person that robbed them of their speaker position!!!!!! What a people!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 12, 2020
donbachi:
Annulment of June 12...favour or disfavour?
favour!! Who even cares about any of them.
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 12, 2020
I am patiently waiting to see the kind of magic the yorubas will perform to become president in 2023...Nigeria is no longer what it used to be ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by OFFICIAL336: 10:30am On Jun 12, 2020
seunmsg:

The atrocity committed by IBB against MKO was not as heinous as the crimes committed by Igbo military officers against the political and military leadership of the north and western region on January 15, 1966. Those cowards crept into the bedroom of their seniors at a time when reasonable people were sleeping to murder them in cold blood. In retaliation, over 200 young Igbo officers were killed by northerners and over 2 million of your folks were killed during the civil war.

As regards June 12, I’m glad to inform you that Yorubas have gotten over the injustice that was done to MKO. After IBB annulled the election, we fought him so much that he had to quickly step aside as military president. We fought the two successive military juntas after him until we achieved democracy for Nigeria in 1999. We ensured MKO’s struggle was not in vain.

We did not just achieve democracy for Nigeria, we ensured a Yoruba man ruled the country for the first eight years of our new democracy. The current Vice President is one of our own and June 12 is now the recognized day to celebrate democracy in Nigeria. In 2023, we are going to give the presidency another shot.

So you see, we are not a bitter people. When we are wronged, we simply fight back and get justice. We don’t wail and attack unnecessarily. Most importantly, we don’t allow hate to weigh us down. Cheers.

Extract from Lagos-Ibadan expressway

3 Likes

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by seunmsg(m): 10:36am On Jun 12, 2020
AdaFidelis:
I am patiently waiting to see the kind of magic the yorubas will perform to become president in 2023...Nigeria is no longer what it used to be ooo.

We don’t need to perform any magic. Democracy is a game of numbers. Whoever has the highest votes wins the election.

Unlike some people who intend to hide behind Atiku’s corrupt ass again in 2023 in a PDP they claim to dominate, the Yorubas will put up a strong candidate to contest for the presidential ticket of APC and hopefully the general election. If we win, fine. If we lose, lessons learnt. That’s how democracy works.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by seunmsg(m): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

Why not come up with your own extract from Enugu-Onitsha expressway.

3 Likes

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by OFFICIAL336: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2020
seunmsg:

Why not come up with your own extract from Enugu-Onitsha expressway.
We don't do oluwole news

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by History555: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2020
seunmsg:

We ensured a yoruba ruled nigeria...........a Yoruba man that did not recognise mko, that supported annulment of june 12. Joke is on you

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Sammy07: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2020
Davash222:

Are you guys not?

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Gabkosh: 10:47am On Jun 12, 2020
Davash222:
After voting Tofa right.
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Gabkosh: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

We don't do oluwole news
But you do Kanu news.
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Davash222(m): 10:56am On Jun 12, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2020
seunmsg:

We don’t need to perform any magic. Democracy is a game of numbers. Whoever has the highest votes wins the election.

Unlike some people who intend to hide behind Atiku’s corrupt ass again in 2023 in a PDP they claim to dominate, the Yorubas will put up a strong candidate to contest for the presidential ticket of APC and hopefully the general election. If we win, fine. If we lose, lessons learnt. That’s how democracy works.
If what you wrote up there is the big plan then I must say that there is no plan at all. You guyz just have to asslick the north again and another thing I want you to take note of is that there is no democracy in Nigeria. Good thing you recognized failure as an option because thats what is going to happen and may continually happen. Please donot quote me again.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by APOPTOSIS: 11:23am On Jun 12, 2020
Davash222:
The Annoying Part is that he agreed the Election was Generally Peaceful and Fair, yet went ahead to annul it.
That's WICKEDNESS....
It's Good the Evil Genius is alive to see all these himself. God should grant him longer life to see how things unfold, after all he is already USELESS to Nigeria.
yet IGBOS are the problem of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by StagethemTVee: 11:26am On Jun 12, 2020
This na Finish Him!
seunmsg:

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by sweetsell: 11:32am On Jun 12, 2020
... but fools like you can. Foolishly quote others
?! You pathetic head no fit correct till eternity cos of bigotry.

AdaFidelis:
If what you wrote up there is the big plan then I must say that there is no plan at all. You guyz just have to asslick the north again and another thing I want you to take note of is that there is no democracy in Nigeria. Good thing you recognized failure as an option because thats what is going to happen and may continually happen. Please donot quote me again.
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by seunmsg(m): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2020
History555:

We ensured a yoruba ruled nigeria...........a Yoruba man that did not recognise mko, that supported annulment of june 12. Joke is on you

It doesn’t change the fact that he’s a Yoruba man and he ruled Nigeria for eight years.

Has June 12 gotten the deserved recognition or not? When a Yoruba and Ijaw president refused to accord the date the deserve honour, we moved on and ensured that it was done by a Fulani president. That’s how we roll in Yoruba land. No hard feelings.
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by seunmsg(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2020
AdaFidelis:

I will continue to quote you anytime I notice you posted rubbish. I

In a democracy, you win some and lose some. You cannot win without contesting. Tell your people to put up a candidate against Atiku for PDP presidential ticket. You cannot win without making attempt.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by BlowYourMind: 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
Davash222:
Was it not your fraudster "Umu chukwu" always voting and begging the north, if Atiku become the president and Peter Obi his Vice, Nigeria will have been in trouble, Chukwu abimba wouldn't hear word, thank GOD, He averted disaster and protect us from economic vultures

Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by BlackfireX: 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
Abiola didn't win the election, it was inconclusive with violence and ballot snatching, so the military annulled it, only for abiola to declare himself president, do you expect the original president to keep quiet, of course he was thrown to jail.

In the course of events, even his own kinsmen betrayed him for a peanuts
Re: Babangida Annulling The June12 Election Won By MKO Abiola by Benevento(m): 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
seunmsg:

Hmm

(1) (Reply)

#END SARS:Mesut Ozil Joins Nigeria Youths In Protesting Against Police Brutality / Operation Solomon: Israel's Covet Heist Of The Lost Ark / I Gave Sanusi The ‘Goodluck Jonathan Medicine’, Says Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.