Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

I Do Not Have A Canada study Permit. Can I Still Start My Studies Online from... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Do Not Have A Canada study Permit. Can I Still Start My Studies Online from... (399 Views)

Can I Get A Canada Work Visa With A Budget Of 1.5million Naira? / Should I Still Travel To The USA? / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Do Not Have A Canada study Permit. Can I Still Start My Studies Online from... by Sharonjay1001: 8:54am On Jun 12, 2020
The Canadian government has carried out special measures affecting immigration during the pandemic.

Canadian immigration remains committed to serving the needs of international students.

One thing you should note Joe is this, Canadian goverment will always makes decision favorable to new immigrant because the need your fresh skill, expertise to boost their economy

The following is a summary of important developments related to international students and immigration during the current pandemic. The summary was compiled by the Canadian Bureau for International Education, Universities Canada, and Colleges and Institutes Canada.

QUESTION: I do not have a study permit. Can I still start my studies online from my country after getting admission letter to Canadian school?

ANSWER: Yes. You may start your studies online from your resident country without having a study permit. However, in relation to your studies contributing to your future Post Graduate Work Permit eligibility, you would need a study permit or a study permit approval.

A Letter of Introduction is the letter you receive from Canadian embassy once you have been approved for the PGWP.

QUESTION: I have a study permit that will expire in the coming weeks and I am unable to obtain a new passport or access required documents. Will I be given an extension?

ANSWER: International students in Canada should apply online to renew their permit in order to trigger implied status. This would allow them to continue studying or working in Canada while their application is being processed.

In addition, applicants who are unable to access required documents or get their bio-metrics must attach an explanatory letter detailing the situation.

If the application is incomplete, it will not be refused, and the applicant will be given 90 days to submit their documents.

QUESTION: Will my study permit take longer to be processed with all the service disruptions in place due to the pandemic?

ANSWER: Canadian immigration's will still process study permit applications even in this pandemic period.

QUESTION: I have had my May admission deferred to September. Will I need a new Letter of Acceptance?

ANSWER: If you are outside Canada, you’ll need a new letter of acceptance carrying the new date of admission

QUESTION: I have a study permit or have been approved for one, and will start online courses in Fall 2020. Will this affect my future Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) eligibility?

ANSWER: You may begin your classes while outside Canada and complete up to 50% of your program. In this case, you will remain eligible for the PGWP and you will not have any time deducted from the length of your future Post Graduate Work Permit, up to December 31, 2020.

https://www.canadaburger.com.ng/2020/06/i-do-not-have-study-permit-can-i-still.html?m=1
Re: I Do Not Have A Canada study Permit. Can I Still Start My Studies Online from... by justwise(m): 9:16am On Jun 12, 2020
Canadian student visa thread

(1)

Fact Check: The European Travel Ban Does Not Affect Students From Nigeria / Helicopter Crashes Into Building In Lagos (photos) / How Lagos Roads (carter Bridge, Oyingbo, Ebute Meta) Looked Like After Endsars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.