Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,953 members, 7,814,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Points for debate topic - Should Human Cloning Be Legalized? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Points for debate topic - Should Human Cloning Be Legalized? (1415 Views)

Points On Debate Topic- Will Artificial Intelligence Surpass Human Intelligence? / Mods delete this topic pls / Debate... Female Education Is Better Than Male Education. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Points for debate topic - Should Human Cloning Be Legalized? by Ivannsays: 10:08am On Jun 12, 2020
Imagine having a clone of yourself? I would say its like having a you version 2.0.

WHAT IS HUMAN CLONING?

Human Cloning is the practice of creating genetically identical replica of an organism. In other words, its another way of creating life.
Remember the viral video of zhong zhong and hua hua the two identical monkeys or Dolly the sheep in 1996, these are typical examples of cloning.
Quick reminder, Cloning only produces genetically identical humans but it doesn't mean that they'll share the same beliefs or have similar goals. For example: My genes may be enhanced with atheletic talents, that doesn't guarantee that my clone will also become a famous basketball player...Here are few points to back up both the proposing and opposing sides in a debate.

PROPOSITION SIDE.

1. Human cloning gives opportunity to infertile couples to have children at ease.

2. It aids reversion of the aging process: This means you can renew your body when old because each cloned body cell is a brand new cell.

3. Replacement of dead people: Life never really prepares us for trauma and natural occurrences like death. Therefore, with human cloning we are able to bring back our loved ones back to life.

4. Human cloning could also bring about resilience to diseases; that means it would give us advantage of natural immunities against diseases.

5. It is also useful in scientific research and expansion.

6. The practice of human cloning would help to cure diseases that cannot be cured, this includes diseases like cancer, HIV, etc.. With such promising benefits, would it not rather be immoral not to support cloning?

OPPOSITION SIDE.

1. Human cloning is bound to change how we approach grief and unexpected loss of loved ones, people would become oblivious to pain of loss.

2. Overpopulation: Human cloning will definitely lead to population overshoot since there's reduction in death rate and this leads to increased demand of natural resources and basic amenities.

3. Economic Inequality: In a society that is categorized into the rich and the poor or I rather say the have and the have- nots, it is quite certain that cloning will only favour the rich because they can afford the practice. Which leads me to say that human cloning will be priced only for the wealthy.

4. Also, there will be interference in the natural process of procreation; that means people might not want to give into sexual intercourse as a vital means of making babies.

5. Exploitation: Cloning could be prone to exploitation as this practice can turn people into potential commodities.

6. Human cloning may introduce and expose us to new diseases. With such unfavourable outcomes, do you still deem it fit to support cloning?

Lately,I saw two sci-fi movies (Replicas and Astro-boy) totally in support of human cloning, in respect to replacement of dead people because the characters in each of the movie weren't expecting the cold hands of death to take away their loved ones while another sci-fi movie (Gemini man) totally not in support of cloning in respect to exploitation as the clones were used for the wrong reasons. So what's your take on cloning, should it be legalized or banned?

Visit https://ivannsays..com/?m=1

Re: Points for debate topic - Should Human Cloning Be Legalized? by MozB: 11:50am On Jun 12, 2020
the only thing i'm trying to figure out right now is what this topic is doing under literature.

1 Like

Re: Points for debate topic - Should Human Cloning Be Legalized? by Ivannsays: 10:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
MozB:
the only thing i'm trying to figure out right now is what this topic is doing under literature.
It's a debate topic so I thought it could be uploaded under literature. You could still advice me on where the topic is meant to be.

(1) (Reply)

Never Like Using These Words And Phrases. / Get The Secrets To Making $500+ Online Writing Articles! / Did You Know How To "Eat" Cane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.