Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,660 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached (85991 Views)

My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm / My Maize Farm Journey / My Maize Farm In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by AdaoraNK(f): 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
eniorisha:
I am private school teacher. As Coronavirus sacked me for house. I took to farm, cleared a tick bush full of trees as d land has been left uncultivated for over 20 years. It's so troubling dt the maize & plantain I planted aren't germinating & growing healthy.

The soil is termite invested dark stoneless loamy soil.

I don't know much about farming. I'll appreciate your advice, Pls. I put a lot of effort, time & cash into this. Yet, I aren't seeing any hope of reaping sth from it. Please, advise me

I'm sure you will get solutions to your new found venture here @ AfroAgroPower please come and assist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
IamDavids:

I don't have a budget ma'am

Buhari is more sensible than you

And you keeping blaming him.

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by Mraphel: 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

Op you no even allow the maize mature well before harvesting...you no wan hear say dem shoot bird em mama fly..

Thief people wey dey roam around people farm dis days too much...I pity plantain farmers pass..
Na at d stage dey sweet pass
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by IamDavids: 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2020
NaijaOlosho:

Buhari is more sensible than you

And you keeping blaming him.

I actually meant my budget is limitless.

But then i guess your naive ass couldn't comprehend.

Go and get brains dear.

Peace out.
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by Holumhidey(m): 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
Wow wow congrats OP

Our fore fathers were farmers, na oil & yahoo spoil show....na farmers most of us for be

OP, you go boil am or roast am...speaking of roast corn, e dn tey wey guyman chop roast corn o with Ube. Dem no dey sell am for my area, abeg If you dey warri right now and you know were dem dey, drop the location. Make I fly Keke come
Come iyara, by sido junction
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 6:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
Holumhidey:

Come iyara, by sido junction

Now? Lmao
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
cjwalter:
Congrats bro... I'm so happy seeing our youth go into farming, i know is not easy so keep it up bro
and how much can he make with these after stressful months ... Only if Mr shocker kinsmen in Aso Rock will allow us farm in peace
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by Tanyabee(f): 6:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
SIR0:
In 2 weeks' time, I should be jubilating like OPgrin

Thanks to the lockdown. It gives room for farming.
Remember me, i love maize too

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by AfroAgroPower: 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
AdaoraNK:

I'm sure you will get solutions to your new found venture here @ AfroAgroPower please come and assist.

Thanks for the recommendation, AdaoraNK.

Much love.

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by AfroAgroPower: 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
eniorisha:
I am private school teacher. As Coronavirus sacked me for house. I took to farm, cleared a tick bush full of trees as d land has been left uncultivated for over 20 years. It's so troubling dt the maize & plantain I planted aren't germinating & growing healthy.

The soil is termite invested dark stoneless loamy soil.

I don't know much about farming. I'll appreciate your advice, Pls. I put a lot of effort, time & cash into this. Yet, I aren't seeing any hope of reaping sth from it. Please, advise me

Provide us with some pictures of your farm; let's help out.
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by eniorisha(m): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
AfroAgroPower:

Provide us with some pictures of your farm; let's help out.

Don't av d pics on my phone. I just feel it's d farmland that's naturally of low fertility and d termites lording over it. I'm thinking of buying fertilizer...
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by AfroAgroPower: 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
eniorisha:

Don't av d pics on my phone. I just feel it's d farmland that's naturally of low fertility and d termites lording over it. I'm thinking of buying fertilizer...

First; you should carry out some soil testing for the land before buying fertilizers to apply.

There are various fertilizers with various Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium levels. You need to know the exact nutrients lacking on the land so you just don't waste your money buying the wrong fertilizer.

As regards the termites that are invading your farm; you will need to buy a knapsack sprayer and an insecticide to spray on the leaves and portion of the land to kill them and keep them away.

It is very necessary you spray your insecticide weekly to keep termites and other pests away since you wrote that the land has been long abandoned.

You could purchase these two insecticides:

- BEST cypermethrin

and

- Cypergreen.

Follow the direction of usage written on the can or seek the advise of the expert you will be purchasing from.

Trust this helps...

Best Regards.

AfroAgroPower.

Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by Makschinchin: 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Those fresh thighs in the second pic tho tongue

Modified: To those quoting and judging, That was obviously a joke cheesy. Y'all niggers need to stop being so uptight sad

They'll stop being uptight when you stop making silly jokes undecided
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by EzzyCarter: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Makschinchin:

They'll stop being uptight when you stop making silly jokes undecided

Okay, your Excellencycheesy
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by Westernlove: 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Modified: To those quoting and judging, That was obviously a joke cheesy. Y'all niggers need to stop being so uptight sad

Idiot pedophile Simp, You are a disgrace to Humanity......You stupid lots are the ones making the female being so full of themselves and belittling Men Next time look and move on, Don't fantasize about It, Be strong......That's what they call MEN!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by Holumhidey(m): 11:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

Now? Lmao
Anytime na, especially evenings. But, remember curfew dey oo
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by yak(m): 1:05am On Jun 13, 2020
in the next 2 weeks, I shld harvest mine. have never engaged in farming but as a result of this lockdown, I turned the 1½ plot behind me into a vegetable and maize farm. it's giving me joy daily
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by DriggityDre: 4:02am On Jun 13, 2020
Ugolistikp:
farming is not an easy process but the end result is always something everybody anticipates. I decided to to practice farming basically because I had enough time due to the Corona virus pandemic grin so I went to harvest my maize today and I was really surprised .....
Pavore9 , Farmtech ,Mynd44
Nice.

Enjoy your produce, bro cool

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by eniorisha(m): 5:27am On Jun 13, 2020
AfroAgroPower:

First; you should carry out some soil testing for the land before buying fertilizers to apply.

There are various fertilizers with various Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium levels. You need to know the exact nutrients lacking on the land so you just don't waste your money buying the wrong fertilizer.

As regards the termites that are invading your farm; you will need to buy a knapsack sprayer and an insecticide to spray on the leaves and portion of the land to kill them and keep them away.

It is very necessary you spray your insecticide weekly to keep termites and other pests away since you wrote that the land has been long abandoned.

You could purchase these two insecticides:

- BEST cypermethrin

and

- Cypergreen.

Follow the direction of usage written on the can or seek the advise of the expert you will be purchasing from.

Trust this helps...

Best Regards.

AfroAgroPower.

Yes, boss. Very helpful. But please, is there a very simple way to get d soil tested I don't av a soil scientist around me here.
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 13, 2020
God bless ur hustle

i buy all type of GC and Bitcoins, Procurement and ship from China to Nigeria
Chinese yuan available in Bulk and bits

whatsapp - 07081997275
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by Bryan88(m): 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
Wow wow congrats OP

Our fore fathers were farmers, na oil & yahoo spoil show....na farmers most of us for be

OP, you go boil am or roast am...speaking of roast corn, e dn tey wey guyman chop roast corn o with Ube. Dem no dey sell am for my area, abeg If you dey warri right now and you know were dem dey, [b]drop the location. Make I fly Keke come
[/b]
U BE WARRI BOY TRUE TRUE! grin
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by ogododo: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
Bryan88:
U BE WARRI BOY TRUE TRUE! grin

Areaaaaaaa
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by Cjrane2: 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ugolistikp:
farming is not an easy process but the end result is always something everybody anticipates. I decided to to practice farming basically because I had enough time due to the Corona virus pandemic grin so I went to harvest my maize today and I was really surprised .....
Pavore9 , Farmtech ,Mynd44

Anyone deciding to practice farming should Pray against Fulani herdsmen coming to your area! Else, all that effort would have been merely to feed two or 3 cows.
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by kenfarm(m): 7:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
Our soil is blessed .... Where deficient n a little treatment get it back....well done
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by Ebenezer2021(m): 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
EzzyCarter:

as in eh grin
I feel say na only me notice am.
Don't mind these over serious nairalanders abeg

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by EzzyCarter: 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
as in eh grin
I feel say na only me notice am.
Don't mind these over serious nairalanders abeg

cheesy cheesy wink
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by ogbongenet: 1:55am On Jun 14, 2020
�✨������

*AVAILABLE OFFER FOR BREEDING STOCK:*

Breed: hyla coloured
Sex: Female.
Weight: 2.2kg.
Price:6500

Breed: Dutch.
Sex: female.
Weight: 1.9kg, 1.9kg
Price : 5k each

Breed: Dutch.
Weight: 1.9kg
Price : 5k

Breed: white New Zealand.
Weight: 1.9kg
Price: 5500

Private chat for further information.08060115253
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by AfroAgroPower: 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2020
eniorisha:

Yes, boss. Very helpful. But please, is there a very simple way to get d soil tested I don't av a soil scientist around me here.

Soil testing is done by Soil Scientist Experts.

You can write to me personally on Whatsapp so I provide you with some contacts.

Generally, you will have to take some handful of soil in about 5 to 7 different regions of your farm in separate cellophane bags and waybill it to the location of their laboratories where they will have the various soils tested for you.

Once testing is fully done; you will be getting results from the soil scientists letting you know the best crops that is befitting for your land and likewise the needed nutrient adjustments you need to carryout on your farmland.
Re: My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached by hulkbulk: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2022
We have maize ready for harvest

Phone number and Whatsapp: +234 802 393 9526

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. / Tilapia And Cat Fish Coming Out Of The Ground In Delta After The Rain (Photos) / Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.