Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right (7492 Views)

92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President / Jewish Hatred on Blacks - Perhaps Hitler Was Right Afterall???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 26, 2011
I dont know why, but I  just do not believe u

ZIM DRILL:

does it make any difference ?

am black

1 Like

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Jen33(m): 7:29pm On Jan 26, 2011
Beaf said:

@jen33

You are arguing with door-knobs and people with such low self-esteem they are afraid to take the smallest peek outside (talk less of stepping out) because it is dark. Its no easy task to argue with such types.

The same people would sing the loudest wooden-headed songs about how wretched the Zim economy is; it is the unending anthem of our miseducated, unthinking "middle class" hoards. The one thing they have forgotten is to compare the quality of life of the average Zimbabwean with theirs:

The Zimbabwean govt provides services that the average Nigerian can only dream off. They actually have an emergency number anybody can call if their vehicle breaks down on the road; and surprise! Someone will actually turn up to fix it, in Nigeria; the best you'll get is armed robbers or kidnappers.
While we struggle with the perennial problem of the Lagos-Benin expressway, Zim has a World-class road network.
Today, privatisation of PHCN is all the rage, that alongside the yearning for 12 hours of electricity; but the average Zimbabwean gets about 5 times the amount of electricity the average Nigeria gets, yes, they have 24/7 supply.
While we are burdened with 10 million almajiri's, Zimbabwe's literacy rate is 90%.
Zimbabwe is also a net exporter of manufactured goods, while oil is our be all and end all.

Is it any surprise why Nigeria is owned by Shell, while Zimbabwe has successfully seized freedom from the imperialists?
Is it any surprise why why they walk tall, but we hobble along from Boko Haram to Jos to "consensus candidates," all the time pointing fingers at our better off neighbours?
These folk have what I call, "the wisdom of the blind." They point, because oyibo says, point; laugh, because oyibo says, laugh; jump, because oyibo says, jump.

Beaf, you see, sometimes I feel Nigerians are among the most brainwashed people on earth. The vast majority of them actually regard the likes of the BBC and CNN as authentic, impartial vehicles for information whose every word is gospel.

The thought of questioning the BBC 's intents, or western intents in any matter relating to Africa or indeed, anywhere else, is simply out of the question, for the vast majority of them.

It's quite tragic.

2 Likes

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Chyz2: 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
GenBuhari:

I dont know why, but I  just do not believe u

Its a shame that someone would have to ask if he is a "white" or "black" zimbabwean.That comes to show you how much they let white people screw them over in their own land. I'm starting to believe that the guy is white. Zim Drill, I think the best thing to do is pack up your white asses and head back to Europe.
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2011
GenBuhari:

I dont know why, but I  just do not believe u

am not here to convince you but ask me what mugabe as done for the black people and how he killed the economy

let me ask you one question ?

do you think mugabe at 87 and his party of old people can plan a better future for someone like me who is only 35

and also those who where born 1980 (independence year) are now 31 can they still want the same man to lead them ?
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2011
Chyz*:

Its a shame that someone would have to ask if he is a "white" or "black" zimbabwean.That comes to show you how much they let white people screw them over in their own land. I'm starting to believe that the guy is white. Zim Drill, I think the best thing to do is pack up your white asses and head back to Europe.

dont be fooled by mugabe with his sweet talk he delivers nothing

and each day he blames the west when he fuked up himself

am black born 1976 i didnt see the liberation war but i saw what was left by the whites and what mugabe did to maintain and build but also i have seen how he has killed the economy

do you know that the land that was given to people is on 99 years lease ? you cant even use the land to secure a loan at the bank, you dont own it

do you know how he re settled those who worked in claimed farms?

and some black people are leasing the farms back to the whites they took it from

why becoz everything was corrupt not all people who got the farms are reall farmers most where subsistence farmers cant do reall commercial farming

yes i want black people to have land but it has to be done properly not only to save mugabe interest to power
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Jen33(m): 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2011
To tell you how easily Africans have been brainwashed over Mugabe, let's assume for instance that THIS was the mode of reporting the crisis from the outset by the BBC from whom channels like NTA get their cue:

Day 1: Welcome to BBC News. Hundreds of war veterans, supported by the army have stormed white farms in Zimbabwe, after Britain reneged on a deal to compensate white farmers for land redistribution, putting the Mugabe govt in a difficult position. The war veterans are protesting 22 years of non fulfillment of promises to redistribute the land in a country where 3% of the population who are white own 95% of the land and minerals of the country. The injustice of this arrangement has been condemned by Africans and human rights groups the world over, lending global sympathy to the cause of the war veterans.

Day 2: More white-owned farms have been seized by the war veterans, with the Zimbabwean government apparently falling in line with the mood of the nation calling for justice for the 15 million dispossessed Zimbabweans made to live as tenants on their ancestral lands despite having won a war of independence 22 years before. Rights groups have called upon the British government to re-commence the compensation program as agreed under the Lancaster House Agreement of 1976, in order to forestall the forcible takeover of lands, but all pleas have fallen on deaf ears of the British govt led by Tony Blair.

Day 3: Zimbabweans show support for Revolution: Thousands of Zimbabweans came out in support of the war veterans and the ZANU PF party in their stand off with white farmers, who they accuse of colluding with Britain to delay land redistribution. Several protesters narrated how they were beaten and made slaves by their white farm owners, with several known to have been killed by white farmers in over a hundred years of their forcefully occupying previously black-held lands across the country.

Day 4: (Malnourished babies shown) Punitive economic sanctions by western nations led by Britain have continued to wreak havoc on the people of Zimbabwe, whose only crime it seems was to call for justice for their communities and for their nation, for the land to be redistributed to give every Zimbabwean the chance of a better life. The nation has been barred access to all international credit, and subjected to trade blockades, causing widespread suffering. The people, led by President Mugabe, have vowed to resist attempts at breaking their will, and their quest for justice, as human rights groups voiced condemnation of the punitive sanctions imposed by western powers. One commentator described the sanctions, which have led to thousands of deaths so far, as ''wicked and vindictive''.

Day 5: You Get The Picture

Now, THIS TRUE version of events was NOT the one aired by BBC, CNN, and NTA (who take their cue from western news sources).

If THIS version had been aired, most Nigerians and Africans would have a totally DIFFERENT view of what happened in Zimbabwe. Mugabe would NOT be the villain. The villain would be Blair and his cohorts.

This is why we say that the western media CONTROL THE THOUGHTS of majority of Africans in relation to major issues such as this, in a way most Africans do not even BEGIN to appreciate.

Hopefully, these brainwashed Africans will start to extricate themselves from their bondage.

3 Likes

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Chyz2: 7:48pm On Jan 26, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

am black born 1976 i didnt see the liberation war but i saw what was left by the whites and what mugabe did to maintain and build but also i have seen how he has killed the economy

do you know that the land that was given to people is no 99 years lease ? you cant even use the land to secure a loan at the bank, you dont own it

Fck you. Take you as back to Europe. What is going on in Zimbabwe is called a Renaissance. Your white imperialistic asses keep swewing nonsense on how Mugabe was starving and bring disease to his people that you all care so deeply about but freeze the countries accounts which will add to the starvation and disease that will come from chlorea,etc. because the money to purify/clean the water is frozen. On top of that you threaten sactions on other countries who want to aid these people with relief, adding to the degradation of the people. Get out of here with that nonsense you're pushing about Mugabe you white b@stard!
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Busybody2(f): 7:50pm On Jan 26, 2011
Jen33:

Beaf said:

Beaf, you see, sometimes I feel Nigerians are among the most brainwashed people on earth. The vast majority of them actually regard the likes of the BBC and CNN as authentic, impartial vehicles for information whose every word is gospel.

The thought of questioning the BBC 's intents, or western intents in any matter relating to Africa or indeed, anywhere else, is simply out of the question, for the vast majority of them.

It's quite tragic.

Hmmm, never has such truer words been spoken cool

ZIM DRILL:

i missed much of this thread

guys i am a zimbabwean

ask anything about zim i will tell you

mugabe was once good but he fuked around 96 and onwards, the sanctions that he blame are nothing

it was just a matter of time with or without the sanctions

I have told you once that the fact that you are from Zimbabwe does not mean you know diddlysquat about the Country's economy. You are the one who needs to learn at the feet of this guy Lwandle, if you want to know the truth about your Country, and yes he is from Zimbabwe too. There are other knowledgeable folks too if you are interested in knowing more about your beloved Country. You can thank me later cool

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=370640

1 Like

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:00pm On Jan 26, 2011
Chyz*:

Fck you. Take you as back to Europe. What is going on in Zimbabwe is called a Renaissance. Your white imperialistic asses keep swewing nonsense on how Mugabe was starving and bring disease to his people that you all care so deeply about but freeze the countries accounts which will add to the starvation and disease that will come from chlorea,etc. because the money to purify/clean the water is frozen. On top of that you threaten sactions on other countries who want to aid these people with relief, adding to the degradation of the people. Get out of here with that nonsense you're pushing about Mugabe you white b@stard!

you dont need to insult me

put your facts to me and i will tell you how it went down in zimbabwe

mugabe fuked up big time

1 he sent troops to DRC when we couldnt really afford it

2 he bribed the war vets with $50 000 each inorder to stay in power

3 his paryt stole most of the money britain sent for re settelement when tony blair came to power and asked for the auditing on the money the john major government gave to his government he couldnt produce anything and tony cut off the deal

4 his government could show most results of the money that came between 1980 to 1990
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Chyz2: 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

you dont need to insult me

put your facts to me and i will tell you how it went down in zimbabwe

mugabe fuked up big time

1 he sent troops to DRC when we couldnt really afford it

2 he bribed the war vets with $50 000 each inorder to stay in power

3 his paryt stole most of the money britain sent for re settelement when tony blair came to power and asked for the auditing on the money the john major government gave to his government he couldnt produce anything and tony cut off the deal

4 his government could show most results of the money that came between 1980 to 1990

Fck you.
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:08pm On Jan 26, 2011
Busy_body:

Hmmm, never has such truer words been spoken cool

I have told you once that the fact that you are from Zimbabwe does not mean you know diddlysquat about the Country's economy. You are the one who needs to learn at the feet of this guy Lwandle, if you want to know the truth about your Country, and yes he is from Zimbabwe too. There are other knowledgeable folks too if you are interested in knowing more about your beloved Country. You can thank me later cool

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=370640

you are crazy

so you think i can tell you more of biafran war than a nigerian who was in that region/ or country?

girl you cant tell me anything about zim i saw it all and went through it all  i saw the genocide with my own eyes the same mugabe you praise let it happen

the same mugabe who fought smith is the person who changed the law to make people suffer like what our father went through with smith

20 people cant gather in public withut police clearence

people cant have free thoughts on there head of state -- you go to jail to say nothing negative about the president
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:10pm On Jan 26, 2011
Chyz*:

Fck you.

all you can say is fuk you bring your thoughts and lets debate from your angle of view and i will tell you what happened in zim and what is happening and what mugabe did good and bad
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Chyz2: 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

all you can say is fuk you bring your thoughts and lets debate from your angle of view and i will tell you what happened in zim and what is happening and what mugabe did good and bad

Fck you.
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

sadly, that's all his thoughts
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Jen33(m): 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2011
ZIMDRILL said:

You are a bloody LIAR. There was NO PART of the land resettlement deal that involved Britain sending money to the Zimbabwean government. There was a ''willing buyer willing seller'' arrangement under which Britain and America were to buy back land from the white farmers and return to the government. It was a form of compensation of the white farmers for the redistributed land. Britain reneged on this arrangement in 1997 after less than 10% of the land had been redistributed. So learn your facts about the country you claim to come from.
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Jen33(m): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2011
This was Blair's foreign secretary Clare Short's letter to Mugabe's govt washing Britain's hands off the Land Reform Agreement in 1997:

Excerpt:

''I should make it clear that we do not accept that Britain has a special responsibility to meet the costs of land purchase in Zimbabwe. We are a new Government from diverse backgrounds without links to former colonial interests. My own origins are Irish and as you know we were colonised not colonisers.''

http://charlescrawford.biz/blog/art826

Clare Short to Zimbabwean govt. The letter that sparked off the land seizures, which led to the western media demonisation of Mugabe.

Did the BBC and CNN ever tell you ANYTHING about this letter??

3 Likes

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:22pm On Jan 26, 2011
Jen33:

ZIMDRILL said:

You are a bloody LIAR. There was NO PART of the land resettlement deal that involved Britain sending money to the Zimbabwean government. There was a ''willing buyer willing seller'' arrangement under which the Britain and America were to buy back land from the white farmers and return to the government. It was a form of compensation of the white farmers for the redistributed land. Britain reneged on this arrangement in 1997 after less than 10% of the land had been redistributed. So learn your facts about the country you claim to come from.

there was

1 the government was re settling people in what was called re settlements shchemes and irrigation schemes and many families got resettled between 1980 to 1988

2  then willing buyer willing seller which was under the lanchaster agreement

get your facts right

so are saying 10% was only done by labour ? who which government paid for that 10% blair or john/magret?
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Jen33(m): 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2011
This was Blair's foreign secretary Clare Short's letter to Mugabe's govt washing Britain's hands off the Land Reform Agreement in 1997:

Excerpt:

''I should make it clear that we do not accept that Britain has a special responsibility to meet the costs of land purchase in Zimbabwe. We are a new Government from diverse backgrounds without links to former colonial interests. My own origins are Irish and as you know we were colonised not colonisers.''

http://charlescrawford.biz/blog/art826

Clare Short's insulting letter to the Zimbabwean govt. The letter that sparked off the land seizures, which led to the western media demonisation of Mugabe.

Did the BBC and CNN ever tell you ANYTHING about this letter??

In fact if you read the entire letter and analysis on the link, you will be shocked by the pompous, dismissive attitude of the Blair govt towards the Zimbabweans, something which led directly to the crisis.

WHERE DID YOU EVER SEE THIS ON A BBC, CNN, OR NTA BROADCAST IN ALL THE YEARS OF THEIR REPORTING ZIMBABWE?

I'LL ANSWER FOR YOU:

NOWHERE.

3 Likes

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Busybody2(f): 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

do you know that the land that was given to people is on 99 years lease ? you cant even use the land to secure a loan at the bank, you dont own it

and some black people are leasing the farms back to the whites they took it from

why becoz everything was corrupt not all people who got the farms are reall farmers most where subsistence farmers cant do reall commercial farming

yes i want black people to have land but it has to be done properly not only to save mugabe interest to power

To school you on this farming issue, when Mugabe realised decades later that Britain was not willing to comply with the land reforms under the Lancaster house Agreement, he had no choice than to forcefully eject the White farmers , but you know what the white farmers did? They destroyed every farming machinery and equipment  that they could not take along with them.

Which leads you to think "why not simply buy replacements, but you know why this could not be possible? IMF made them over 100 millions of US dollars of loan Zimbabwe had borrowed, at once, which Mugabe managed to repay in just two instalment within months, whilst this same IMF wrote off similar loans made to many African Countries like Nigeria, etc.

In addition, part of the financial sanction by the IMF and World Bank also blocked all lines of credit to Zimbabwe meaning that they could only trade with other Countries in cash. What this means in layman's terms is that they would now need at least enough cash piled at least 20 feet high to fill at least 20 standard sized stadium to buy just about half of the farming equipment needed to replace the ones the white farmers destroyed, now imagine how many planeload of cash is needed (speculating a bit but will come up with the actual amount of figures which will be higher once i get hold of the exchange rate of the Zim Dollars to the British pound as at that time)

And this was the reason Mugabe embarked on the quantitative easing method back then, to print larger denomination so that the bulk of physical money to be ferrried around in the acquisition of the vital tools needed for the economy to get back on its feet. He also wanted to peg the price of goods and food but it was Morgan Tsanvgirai that blocked this because he was being used as a tool and figurehead by the West. Asides this they tried to get Zimbabwe's neighbouring Countries such as South Africa to cut off electricity to Zimbabwe and tried to set up millitary base there, as Zimbabwe is landlocked, but thankfully, these Countries resisted the move.

So how is he to blame for the economy when he was turned down at every angle. Do you even know that it was so bad, Companies were being threatened to be cut off if they had anything to do with Zimbabwe? And ignorant people like you just open your mouth chatting shoit about the only man in Africa who had the ball to tell the West to sling their hook and sent them packing with their neo-colonialism undecided

2 Likes

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2011
Busy_body:

To school you on this farming issue, when Mugabe realised decades later that Britain was not willing to comply with the land reforms under the Lancaster house Agreement, he had no choice than to forcefully eject the White farmers , but you know what the white farmers did? They destroyed every farming machinery and equipment  that they could not take along with them.

Which leads you to think "why not simply buy replacements, but you know why this could not be possible? IMF made them over 100 millions of US dollars of loan Zimbabwe had borrowed, at once, which Mugabe managed to repay in just two instalment within months, whilst this same IMF wrote off similar loans made to many African Countries like Nigeria, etc. [/b]

In addition, part of the financial sanction by the IMF and World Bank also blocked all lines of credit to Zimbabwe meaning that they could only trade in cash. What this means in layman's terms is that they would now need at least enough cash piled at least 20 feet high to fill at least 20 standard sized stadium to buy just about half of the farming equipment needed to replace the ones the white farmers destroyed, now imagine how many planeload of cash is needed (speculating a bit but will come up with the actual amount of figures which will be higher once i get hold of the exchange rate of the Zim Dollars to the British pound as at that time)

And this was the reason Mugabe embarked on the quantitative easing method back then, to print larger denomination so that the bulk of physical money to be ferrried around in the acquisition of the vital tools needed for the economy to get back on its feet. He also wanted to peg the price of goods and food but it was Morgan Tsanvgirai that blocked this because he was being used as a tool and figurehead by the west. Asides this they tried to get Zimbabwe's neighbouring Countries such as South Africa to cut off electricity to Zimbabwe and tried to set up millitary base there as Zimbabwe is landlocked, but thankfully, these Countries resisted the move.

So how is he to blame for the economy when he was turned down at every angle. Do you even know that it was so bad, Companies were being threatened to be cut off if they had anything to do with Zimbabwe? And people like you just open your mouth chatting shoit about the only man in Africa who had the ball to tell the West to sling their hook wand sent them packing with there neo-colonialism undecided

poor you

mugabe knew how improtant the commercial farms where and he played the card well not to mess the economy but he got a surprise

from the people he lead in his party and most high post in government they wanted land after he failed to continue the $ 5000 pm compersation he promosied after he gave each war vet $50000

he used the land issue to hold on to power to bride the war vets he feared most he know what they could do to him

the war vets wanted a better life the life they where promised during war and mugabe was failing

by 1990 zimbabwe had already missed payments to IMF and the economy was nose diving slowly

on sanctions dont even bother to explain didnt mugabe did the same on smith regime ? and zimbabwe managed with those sanctions
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Busybody2(f): 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

you are crazy

so you think i can tell you more of biafran war than a nigerian who was in that region/ or country?

girl you cant tell me anything about zim i saw it all and went through it all  i saw the genocide with my own eyes the same mugabe you praise let it happen

the same mugabe who fought smith is the person who changed the law to make people suffer like what our father went through with smith

20 people cant gather in public withut police clearence

people cant have free thoughts on there head of state -- you go to jail to say nothing negative about the president

Are you deranged, who are you calling crazy, you just told off chynz for insulting you, you flaming hyprocrite, if it is insults you want to use to pass your null point across, bring it on mofo angry

What sort of freaking logic are you bandying about that one has to be from somewhere to know about it undecided How daft can you be, not asking, always known you don't have much braincells to rub together anyway lipsrsealed

Now if you can read, the link i gave you is Lwandle's, a Zimbabwean like you, but is thankfully not a blockhead like you, zoobie oshi, and i have given you this link because i don't have the time nor the patience today to start spoonfeeding a slowcoach like you angry angry angry
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2011
Busy_body:

Are you deranged, who are you calling crazy, you just told off chynz for insulting you, you flaming hyprocrite, if it is insults you want to use to pass your null point across, bring it on mofo angry

What sort of freaking logic are you bandying about that one has to be from somewhere to know about it undecided How daft can you be, not asking, always known you don't have much braincells to rub together anyway lipsrsealed

Now if you can read, the link i gave you is Lwandle's, a Zimbabwean like you, but is thankfully not a blockhead like you, zoobie oshi, and i have given you this link because i don't have the time nor the patience today to start spoonfeeding a slowcoach like you angry angry angry

go back to school being said you are crazy is not an insult
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Busybody2(f): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

poor you

mugabe knew how improtant the commercial farms where and he played the card well not to mess the economy but he got a surprise

from the people he lead in his party and most high post in government they wanted land after he failed to continue the $ 5000 pm compersation he promosied after he gave each war vet $50000

he used the land issue to hold on to power to bride the war vets he feared most he know what they could do to him

the war vets wanted a better life the life they where promised during war and mugabe was failing

by 1990 zimbabwe had already missed payments to IMF and the economy was nose diving slowly

on sanctions dont even bother to explain didnt mugabe did the same on smith regime ? and zimbabwe managed with those sanctions

What $50,000 war vets do you keep bleating on about undecided Do you know how much you sound like a zombie undecided Did the farmers destroy the machinery that made Zimbabwe the food basket of Africa during Smith's regime too undecided

Can't even be bothered arguing with you anymore, and as if Nigeria and the other Countries did not default on the debt which IMF wrote off during tha same period  they demanded only Zimbabwe to repay undecided
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2011
Busy_body:

What $50,000 war vets do you keep bleating on about undecided Do you know how much you sound like a zombie undecided Did the farmers destroy the machinery that made Zimbabwe the food basket of Africa during Smith's regime too undecided

Can't even be bothered arguing with you anymore, and as if Nigeria and the other Countries did not default on the debt which IMF wrote off during tha same period  they demanded only Zimbabwe to repay undecided

if you dont know about the money given to war vets and the drc war then shut up

yes they did destroy and sold off

and some sold off seeds they got from the government
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Seun(m): 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2011
If you bring a country very very low, there is nowhere else to go but up.

2 Likes

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by Busybody2(f): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

if you dont know about the money given to war vets and the drc war then shut up

yes did destroy and sold off

and some sold off seeds they got from the government

Again that flew over your head, not surprised, no wonder no one wanted to debate with your sorry a/r/s/e and fled as soon as you showed up in here, you can't comprehend, you can't grasp, you can't assimiliate, you can't decipher, your problems are manifold, please cover your face in shame and return to your romance section where you can remain clueless with your kind and keep wallowing in your ignorance, adios cool Dang, what a waste of my 20 precious minutes cool
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2011
Busy_body:

Again that flew over your head, not surprised, no wonder no one wanted to debate with your sorry a/r/s/ and fled, you can't comprehend, you can't grasp, you can't assimiliate, you can't decipher, your problems are manifold, please cover your face in shame and return to your romance section where you can remain clueless with your kind and keep wallowing in your ignorance, adios cool Dang, what a waste of my 20 precious minutes cool

the problem

is this you want me to believe what you have read

am not telling what i have read but what i saw happening with my own eyes, i know how mugabe fooled some african people

ask your self, kids born 1980 are now 31 do you think they want the same person who ruled there fathers to rule them when he hasnt done much for the 31 years

yes mugabe we give him credit to education but after education where are the jobs ? better health care, roads etc
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by buzugee(m): 10:16pm On Jan 26, 2011
nice debate going on here. lots of fiery and well informed people. i am enjoying the read
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by cap28: 4:08am On Jan 27, 2011
Jen 33/Busybody  i applaud you for taking on the thankless task of trying to educate some of the world's most brainwashed minds.  It must be difficult debating with people who are so clueless you want to weep with despair. 

it beggars belief that an african person can know so little about what is going on on their own continent.

Mugabe is indeed a hero, one of the few remaining african leaders who actually had the guts to stand up to the racist imperialist britain, the US and the EU. 

I suppose the posters on here would have preferred it  if Mugabe had adopted the stance of our nigerian traitor leaders  who have opened up the wealth of nigeria to the IMF, the foreign multinationals and effectively said" here it is boys, come in help yourselves, take as much as you can carry ".

Can you imagine the state we would have been in had the british decided to remain in nigeria? they would have imposed apartheid rule given that they had (and still have) the upper hand, there are indications that this was already happening as they had already built their GRA's which were designed with the intention of creating a seperate area of settlement for themselves.

If apartheid had been implemented in nigeria as was the case in what was then Rhodesia majority of the people on this thread condemning Mugabe would have been living in filthy shanty towns with the minority white population living in gated communities surrounded by acres and acres of stolen land.  Many of these same people baying for Mugabe's blood on here would probably be working as farmhands, houseboys, gardeners and maids, perhaps after living like that for 200 years they would then begin to  understand the agenda of the white racists.

The other day i watched a documentary about white racists in south africa who refuse to integrate with blacks despite the dismantling of apartheid.  Many of these people could not bear the thought of having to live amongst black people and decided to move out into isolated gated communities, one woman who was interviewed was asked why they had opted for complete separation from blacks and she said: "because our religion (christianity) does not permit us to be ruled by blacks, blacks are not qualified to rule over us or give us orders, we were ordained by god to rule over them as they are an inferior race of people".

Sometimes i wish some of the posters on here could go and live for a year in south africa and run into people like that woman. 

In addition to the land reform problem Mugabe's problems with the west also began when he refused to borrow more loans from the IMF and implement strucutural adjustment programmes, america wanted Zimbabwe to get hooked on the endless debt cycle that almost every african country has been conned into, it was when Mugabe refused to go along with this scam that his relationship with the west started breaking down. These are the same loans that nigeria is still battling to pay off and the SAP austerity measures are the  same programmes that have been implemented in nigeria by babangida and obasanjo and now  Jonathan. These programmes have condemned many nigerians to a life of poverty and yet many nigerians still do not understand who their real enemies are.

2 Likes

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:28am On Jan 27, 2011
I knew it was only a matter of time before commandante cap28 stormed this thread talking about imperialism.

Seun:

If you bring a country very very low, there is nowhere else to go but up.

Basically.
Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by cap28: 4:31am On Jan 27, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

I knew it was only a matter of time before commandante cap28 stormed this thread talking about imperialism.

sorry

1 Like

Re: The West Finally Agrees That Mugabe Was Right by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:31am On Jan 27, 2011
Nothing. Don't worry about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obama To Host Romney Over Private Lunch / Joe Biden Tests Positive To COVID-19, Days After Testing Negative / Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.