Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** (2280 Views)

Nairaland Veteran Rapper, G'Iyaz Drops Another Hot Single! / 2face Idibia Drops Another Hot New Single: Its In There Ft Ishmael / Mix Tape And Album-what Is The Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 9:12am On Jan 25, 2011
Here is a 2-disc mixtapes from The Game.

I have heard a few songs so far and they are good in my opinion. I suppose this will hold people down till he drops THE R.E.D Album.

Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/13064/the_game_purp_patron.html

Enjoy.
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by bjmighty(m): 3:44am On Jan 26, 2011
El. Thanks for opening this thread. The mixtape was the first thing i attended to this morning. I just listened to the disc 1 and i gatto say this is one of the best of the best west coast isshh i've heard in a long time. Mehn, check out that unique MAD delivery on "Childrens story" and "RIP". Thats a MADDDD style!!
So far on the disc 1, my fav are L.A times, Soo woo (Wezzy is crazy with dat sick hook), living better now, RIP, Taylor made, dead and the kill. This mixtape should be an album!
I think Game is so ahead of the game mahn. He was mad on the previous mixtape "Red city" as well. He's on my top list of rappers now.
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 9:42am On Jan 26, 2011
Oga no problem o. Glad you are feeling it.

I am ashamed to say, I haven't listened to the album - apart from the two tracks I mentioned earlier - as I have been mad busy, and also playing Canibus albums in-between.

Thanks for recommending some tracks, I will try and listen to a few in the car this morning.

As per the mixtapes, I have heard nothing but mostly - 95% plus - of good things about it. You are right, a few people asserted it should have been an Album. I mean, the mixtape title was even trending (PurpAndpatron#) worldwide when he released the mixtape.

I also saw a tweet from him saying he would be dropping another 10 songs that do not make it on the mixtapes. shocked  The only person I know that was prolific (with quality) like that was Tupac. I just hope his upcoming album do well.
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2011
First track is definitely Album material. The beat is a catchy and simple one (I personally love very direct and simple beat that aren't overly complicated etc)

I won't even mention Game's flow as that will be an insult to him. There's no questioning his delivery, flow, story telling et al. like he said on the track "I am a legend". He truly is a Legend.

I love the Tupac's reference in the song. Real good.

Still playing, the album so should post back later.
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 10:45am On Jan 26, 2011
You are right RIP (Track 5) is awesome. It is amazing how this guy combines story telling with rhyming, and steadily flowing. I think the song is very good song and an example of how versatile and all rounder The Game can be with his rapping styles.

PS
I dislike the track with Lil wayne. What the Bleep is that Autotune garbage? How will Lil wayne sound without it? The whole song is weak in my opinion and yeah, I am not a fan of lil wayne.

I noticed FunkMaster Flex hosting the whole joint. He is crazy with this words lol. Everything is usually "happy mode" with him.
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 11:06am On Jan 26, 2011
I like Children story. One thing though, I understand Slick Rick was on that track, but did Game dropped a verse on it too?

Dead (Track 11) is a head banger. The bass line is just off the hook. You need pairs of decent speakers to appreciate this . I like it.
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 11:11am On Jan 26, 2011
Ferrari lifestyle is good. Nice to hear Fabolous flowing again. Whatever happened to him?
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2011
This mixtapes should be an Album!

I dare anyone to listen to "the kill" and "Heart breaker" and not feel this joint.

Personally, from production point of view, I think Heart breaker is a good work. It combined Jazz and Soul type of sound for Game to flow on.

Just checked, and it was produced by RZA. Say no more. cool
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by tosinaded(m): 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2011
i just say make i help u comment grin make u no feel lonely
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by bjmighty(m): 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2011
tosinaded@:

i just say make i help u comment grin make u no feel lonely

Oloshi! U don come grin grin grin
ElRazur:

You are right RIP (Track 5) is awesome. It is amazing how this guy combines story telling with rhyming, and steadily flowing. I think the song is very good song and an example of how versatile and all rounder The Game can be with his rapping styles.

PS
I dislike the track with Lil wayne. What the bleep is that Autotune garbage?     How will Lil wayne sound without it? The whole song is weak in my opinion and yeah, I am not a fan of lil wayne.

I noticed FunkMaster Flex hosting the whole joint. He is crazy with this words lol. Everything is usually "happy mode" with him.

El, bliv me dawg, am not a fan of south side at all and at all. Am straight WEST sometimes east! Even though weezy ain;t from south, he from east. Am not a fan of him but there is something about his hook on "soo woo" aside the autotune (I dnt av issue with Autotune) isshh, he voiced the choruses separately and fused in different tune and "aroma" to each of the chorus thats why i give it to him on that track. I think he did justice to that record.

And you are right, the only rapper i know that is that prolific to make so much records at a time is Tupac (RIP Makavelli). Game is really on that west coast poo mehnnn. This u notice the way he was switching topic and making it tally with the storyline? Dude should have made this an album. This is not a MIXTAPE mehn! Am going insane for this mixtape!
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by tosinaded(m): 5:48pm On Jan 26, 2011
jokers! how can any1 not like lilwayne?
oshi oda
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 11:59am On Jan 27, 2011
Tosin, na personal preference now. Shey you go dislike me if I tell you say I no dey drink? Commot for here jare.

bjmighty:

El, bliv me dawg, am not a fan of south side at all and at all. Am straight WEST sometimes east! Even though weezy ain;t from south, he from east. Am not a fan of him but there is something about his hook on "soo woo" aside the autotune (I dnt av issue with Autotune) isshh, he voiced the choruses separately and fused in different tune and "aroma" to each of the chorus thats why i give it to him on that track. I think he did justice to that record.

And you are right, the only rapper i know that is that prolific to make so much records at a time is Tupac (RIP Makavelli). Game is really on that west coast poo mehnnn. This u notice the way he was switching topic and making it tally with the storyline? Dude should have made this an album. This is not a MIXTAPE mehn! Am going insane for this mixtape!

To be fair, loads of people talking about the "soo woo" song but my dislike for autotune and lil wayne style of rapping no let me see am. I go listen to am again sha, but I am not so sure my mind will change.

Omo 29 tracks of fire, I need to carry on today and keep listening.

It appears Game and DJ Skeen don drop the further tracks that do not make it on to the mixtapes.

So far, loads of people are giving it very good reviews. Even new york times halla in a good way sha. Good times.

By the way, the business of not releasing the R.E.D album is apparently down to Interscope or something and the whole idea of this mixtape is to get some radio air play and that will force the record label to release the album.

Personally, me I go like make him release the album after Detox, assuming Dre is dropping that soon.
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by Mobinga: 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2011
shocked shocked How many tracks 21? For a mixtape shocked Do that in the night. cool
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
No. Twenty freaking Nine of bangers. grin
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by bjmighty(m): 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2011
U should listen to Soo woo again el. U got any link to the NY times isshh or the remaining 10 tracks? I've been jamming the mixtape all day! Crazy deliveries!
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2011
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/01/game-releases-the-star-studded-purple-patron-mixtape.html

That's the link to the article. LA Times.

I'm checking his time line to see if he posted the link.
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2011
According to Game, the track which didnt make the final cut will be called "Hang over".

Purp & Patron: The Hangover out tomorrow with 10 un-released songs that didn't make Purp & Patron. #weSETtheTRENDS

That was a tweet from last night, may be he will post them later today.

I never finish listening to the 29 tracks sef lol.
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by bjmighty(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2011
The Game is mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 12:21pm On Jan 28, 2011
Listen to Soo Woo again and I am afraid I aint feeling it. I really think Lil Wayne ruined it. undecided
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by 04kaa: 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2011
he be like say na only el razur dey comment for this thread grin grin grin
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by bjmighty(m): 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2011
Am blasting the mixtape for the 5th time today.

04kaa:

Oloshi grin grin
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by ElRazur: 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
I think it is really a good mixtapes and makes a change from the filth that masquerade as mixtapes in my opinion. So, I no blame you if you have it on repeat lol.
Re: ****The Game Drops Another Mix Tape. Free Download (Purp & Patron)***** by craziest: 10:26am On Jan 31, 2011
The best track for me on the list is no. 12 The KILL.

Track 28 whick had KRS ONE, Dogg E Fresh was hot.

http://www.thefader.com/2011/01/25/the-games-purp-and-patron-mixtape/

04kaa:

Obviously you get eye disease

(1) (Reply)

Beats Detox By Dr. Dre @ A Bonanza Price Of 45k / Nairaland Rap Challenge / El Bano Song Lyrics | Enrique Iglesias | Bad Bunny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.