Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional (24727 Views)

Governor Akeredolu Receives Southwest Governors (PHOTOS) / Sanwo-Olu Submits Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms / Sanwo-Olu: Tinubu Paid For My Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by OndoFirstBorn(m): 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
...SAYS I'M SHORT OF WORDS

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, on Friday went emotional while receiving the Nomination and Expression of Interest Forms bought for him by lawmakers and the various support groups in the state.

The First Lady, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu also joined her husband to receive the forms.

It will be recalled that Nineteen members of the APC Caucus in the Ondo State House of Assembly were in Abuja on Thursday to purchase the Expression of Interest Form for the Governor, while various support groups from the state were also at the national Secretariat to purchase his Nomination form.

Seventeen of the members of the Assembly, led by the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Bamidele Oleyelogun, presented the Expression of interest Form to the Governor at the Government House, Alagbaka, Akure.

Arakunrin Akeredolu described the gesture of the lawmakers and the various support groups as priceless, while expressing his gratitude to the people.

The Governor said: "I'm short of words. For all these different groups, I want to thank you. When you see them on the social media, I don't see why anybody would say he wants to challenge us. I didn't give anyone any money. I didn't give the house of assembly members any money, yet you went to Abuja and bought me these forms. I thank you all.”

He said the second term bid of his administration will further put the state on the pedestal of accelerated development and put a seal on the foundation of progress that has already been laid.

Presenting the expression of interest form to the Governor, the Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Oleyelogun said the Governor deserves the double portion as mentioned in the bible.

He said: "We believe in what we see in you. You have worked and you deserve double portion. And the double portion is your second term. The APC Caucus in the House of Assembly is solidly behind you."

Speaking on behalf of the various support groups, the coordinator, who also doubles as the Special Adviser to the Governor on Political and Strategy, Rt. Hon. Victor Olabimtan, said what happened in Abuja where the forms were purchased with funfair was a clear signal of victory for the Governor.

He said: "Your choice for a second term is destined by God and the work you have done in this state in the last three years and five months is unbelievable. This is what propelled us to decide that we must purchase this form for you.

"The foundation you are laying now must not stop. Port Ondo must not stop. Agagu came and he was unable to complete it. It was truncated and we don't want this to be truncated too. We don't want Ondo-Linyi to stop.

"One thing that is not clear to people is that God doesn't make mistake. It was during Baba Ajasin that a lot of industries were established in this state. When you came in 2016, none of these industries was functioning anymore. But today, you have started bringing back those industries.

"Your giant stride in Ondo state can not be quantified. Is it in the area of road construction, health sector or the regular payment of salary and your efforts on bitumen exploration?

"For all these to be realised, we need you to contest for a second term. We want you to lay that foundation and once the foundation is laid, nobody will deviate from the path of prosperityand progress."

Olabode Richard Olatunde
Special Assistant to the Governor (New Media)
June 12, 2020.

https://citadelng.com.ng/2020/06/12/akeredolu-goes-emotional-as-he-receives-nomination-expression-of-interest-forms/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by OndoFirstBorn(m): 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
The Governor also took to his twitter handle to express his sense of humility and gratitude.
https://twitter.com/RotimiAkeredolu/status/1271495178235322369?s=19

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Factfinder1(m): 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
Drama queen

6 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Factfinder1(m): 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Governor dey use 2 iPhone X AbiI na Samsung

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
AKETI = 4+4

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Sanromeo(m): 7:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
Congratulations AKETI. You deserved it. You have displayed unique leadership qualities in the last 3years as Governor of Ondo State. History will be kind to you. AKETI = 4 + 4

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Karlifate: 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
"The APC Caucus in the House of Assembly is solidly behind you."

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Karlifate: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
Factfinder1:
Governor dey use 2 iPhone X AbiI na Samsung

8 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by RighteousOne: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Let's see how it goes
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Realist5: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Same Dubious style by Nigerian politicians whenever election is approaching.

Tears mocking the people that bought the forms. In his mind, these people don't know I will milk their resources dry this time around.

I am in SHOCK,

13 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Slawormir: 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Paxhaata(m): 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Elderly man crying over what. Simp hahaha
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Am in shock undecided
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Oluromantic: 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Akeredolu my governor.. I love you. So much respect for you sir.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by DEROX: 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
grin GOOD LETS SEE HOW IT ENDS
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by paulolee(m): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
nice...supporters groul and lawmakers that u transfered money to act asif they bought it for you?? or even if its true las las u go wire am back in double fold...abeg stop all this acting and gimmicka jhoor...u too old for it. heard obaseki did the same and now the lawmakers are calling him for a refund since he is disqualified bt obaseki phone is still switched off...na wah oo

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
This man seems nice & calm, im no dey behave like those other brown roofers

Hope say im dey loyal to im godfather make dem no do am like them do bros Obaseki o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by borntoexcel2000(m): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by otokx(m): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
No interstate lockdown abi?
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Danjunior(m): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
grin
OndoFirstBorn:
...SAYS I'M SHORT OF WORDS

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, on Friday went emotional while receiving the Nomination and Expression of Interest Forms bought for him by lawmakers and the various support groups in the state.

The First Lady, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu also joined her husband to receive the forms.

It will be recalled that Nineteen members of the APC Caucus in the Ondo State House of Assembly were in Abuja on Thursday to purchase the Expression of Interest Form for the Governor, while various support groups from the state were also at the national Secretariat to purchase his Nomination form.

Seventeen of the members of the Assembly, led by the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Bamidele Oleyelogun, presented the Expression of interest Form to the Governor at the Government House, Alagbaka, Akure.

Arakunrin Akeredolu described the gesture of the lawmakers and the various support groups as priceless, while expressing his gratitude to the people.

The Governor said: "I'm short of words. For all these different groups, I want to thank you. When you see them on the social media, I don't see why anybody would say he wants to challenge us. I didn't give anyone any money. I didn't give the house of assembly members any money, yet you went to Abuja and bought me these forms. I thank you all.”

He said the second term bid of his administration will further put the state on the pedestal of accelerated development and put a seal on the foundation of progress that has already been laid.

Presenting the expression of interest form to the Governor, the Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Oleyelogun said the Governor deserves the double portion as mentioned in the bible.

He said: "We believe in what we see in you. You have worked and you deserve double portion. And the double portion is your second term. The APC Caucus in the House of Assembly is solidly behind you."

Speaking on behalf of the various support groups, the coordinator, who also doubles as the Special Adviser to the Governor on Political and Strategy, Rt. Hon. Victor Olabimtan, said what happened in Abuja where the forms were purchased with funfair was a clear signal of victory for the Governor.

He said: "Your choice for a second term is destined by God and the work you have done in this state in the last three years and five months is unbelievable. This is what propelled us to decide that we must purchase this form for you.

"The foundation you are laying now must not stop. Port Ondo must not stop. Agagu came and he was unable to complete it. It was truncated and we don't want this to be truncated too. We don't want Ondo-Linyi to stop.

"One thing that is not clear to people is that God doesn't make mistake. It was during Baba Ajasin that a lot of industries were established in this state. When you came in 2016, none of these industries was functioning anymore. But today, you have started bringing back those industries.

"Your giant stride in Ondo state can not be quantified. Is it in the area of road construction, health sector or the regular payment of salary and your efforts on bitumen exploration?

"For all these to be realised, we need you to contest for a second term. We want you to lay that foundation and once the foundation is laid, nobody will deviate from the path of prosperityand progress."

Olabode Richard Olatunde
Special Assistant to the Governor (New Media)
June 12, 2020.

https://citadelng.com.ng/2020/06/12/akeredolu-goes-emotional-as-he-receives-nomination-expression-of-interest-forms/
I'm in severe pain and shock grin grin grin
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Go Aketi Go Aketi.
You deserve a second term.

7 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by obasi101(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Congrats to Him
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
nairalanders... sorry for derailing
please check this out and help a brother
https://www.nairaland.com/5921740/brother-needs-nairalanders
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Queenyprinxex(f): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Obaseki felt this same way too.
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Dareal90s(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Yoruba's sabi politics jare, too smart.

6 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by seanjy4konji: 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Later some go say it's photoshop
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Sammy07: 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
He deserved it.
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Skmoda360(m): 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
Enter to come steal money......there second term is always for cash collecting spindle......

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by PIMPAR: 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hmm
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
Following.... Apc MIGHT retain Ondo
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Yakade(m): 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
itel s15 pro
Re: Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Damn Niggarr Vanity
Lemme quickly finish my last wrap

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obiajulu Uja: Abuja Court Denies Anti-Tinubu Protester Bail / Latest Nigeria Governorship Election Results In Nigeria Today / Extend Railway Project To Ekiti - Fayose To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.