Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal (58886 Views)

FG Congratulates Burnaboy And Wizkid Over Grammy Awards / Mo Abudu Celebrates Her Driver Of 20 Years (Photos) / Picture Of Mo Abudu At The "Premiere Of "Wedding Party 2" Has Got Fans Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Ayekotoo(m): 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

[s]Oga take several seats backwards with that your often regurgitated rubbish. You should be ashamed that despite having all at your disposal , for years you lacked the imagination to make headway.

You lots ran around like headless chickens pretending to be busy until the guys at Upper Iweka decided it was showtime. Fiam! Nollywood was birthed and for years you stayed in the background like Ghana and the rest of Africa watching how it is done before you found your feet. Welcome to the party, but please don't irritate rational minds abeg.

In case you do not know , our grand fathers also organised village drama, dance , and all in the village square during moonlight play. Based on your logic, Nollywood started from them.[/s]

Let assume you started it, you have been sidelined by the Yorubas. The likes of Bolanle ninilowo, Sola sobowale, Femi Jacob, Gbenro Ajibade, Seun Akindele, Toyin Abraham et all have taken over.

3 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Couzy21(m): 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
Read below for the true history of Nollywood if interested:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Nigeria
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Kingspin(m): 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
leokid866:

You that is hardworking how many Nations have you run?
FG should build a country first.

As far as I know, FG is doing nothing for the real sections. They budget figure for themselves. That is why the problem is always there.
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by leokid866: 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
Kingspin:
FG should build a country first.

As far as I know, FG is doing nothing for the real sections. They budget figure for themselves. That is why the problem is always there.
You think nations are built by governments alone....lol...please take a sit.
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Karac: 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2020
Lovelyn451:
ofe red oil mediocre grin grin only fools like you hype rubbish....u don't even sound like a reader..
Tell me what those two books are abt or get lost forever...dum dum cheesy

Those books are not for dumb people like you, I guess that's why you find it boring. They are for mature minds, that knows what value is. I feel ur pain tho. Stick to books like Queen Primer that suits ur level of reasoning and stop embarrassing ur ancestors. All these yam leg girls sef...grin slowpoke

4 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Kingspin(m): 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2020
leokid866:

You think nations are built by governments alone....lol...please take a sit.
Nation pace, development and vision are champions by the government anywhere in the world.

The reason why we still using 2000 megawatts from 1960 is because of government failure.

Government is everything the moment they change you will see how every other thing will fall in line.
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Karac: 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
Zinniee:

We have nothing like real and fake Nollywood, all those Village films are Nollywood film!

Legends know the difference. Y'all should quit that rubbish and stop disgracing Nigeria movie industry. All those movie weh ghost go dey look road before he go cross.grin I just tire for una

1 Like

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by gwafaeziokwu: 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Let assume you started it, you have been sidelined by the Yorubas. The likes of Bolanle ninilowo, Sola sobowale, Femi Jacob, Gbenro Ajibade, Seun Akindele, Toyin Abraham at all have taken over.

In your dreams, when there is no living soul left in Alaigbo. That is when you will take over Nollywood. For now, dream oooooonnnnnnn!
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by LegendHero(m): 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
RTSC:

Yoruba own nollywood because of five to Six movies on the highest grossing list?

How many Yoruba movie actors have the fame of ordinary Mr ibu outside Nigeria?

You better stick to your Yoruba wood and leave movie matters to those that have always made it relevant.

This is the list of the 50 highest grossing Nollywood movies of all time.

Can you clearly see the Yorubas still dominate?

Fame of Mr. Ibru you say? Is Ramsey Noah not famous? Is Desmond Elliot not famous? Is Olu Jacob not famous?

Fame is relative, we are talking about the entrepreneurial aspect of Nollywood and Yorubas are clearly modifying Nolywood and making it more viable. It’s about innovation and the Yorubas clearly understood the game.

6 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Karac: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

In your dreams, when there is no living soul left in Alaigbo. That is when you will take over Nollywood. For now, dream oooooonnnnnnn!

Next AMVCA una go still cry say na Yoruba award, when the awards and recognitions become elusive.

3 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Sammy07: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
ogwashi how far?
Yoruba amaka cool
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Zinniee: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ayekotoo:

[s][/s]Let assume you started it, you have been sidelined by the Yorubas. The likes of Bolanle ninilowo, Sola sobowale, Femi Jacob, Gbenro Ajibade, Seun Akindele, Toyin Abraham at all have taken over. [s][/s]
You can only sideline Igbos in your dreams. Who are all these people? We ain't talking Yorubawood here but Nollywood!

1 Like

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by LegendHero(m): 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
ProfDview1:

I no just want problem.. Dts y I gave them the credit

Understood bro.
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Lovelyn451(f): 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2020
Karac:

Those books are not for dumb people like you, I guess that's why you find it boring. They are for mature minds, that knows what value is. I feel ur pain tho. Stick to books like Queen Primer that suits ur level of reasoning and stop embarrassing ur ancestors. All these yam leg girls sef...grin slowpoke
lol..simple question what is the book about? ..mature mind with down syndrome, if u don't understand a simple question how will u understand a whole book ...agbero yahoo boy...
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Zinniee: 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
LegendHero:

This is the list of the 50 highest grossing Nollywood movies of all time.

Can you clearly see the Yorubas still dominate?

Fame of Mr. Ibru you say?[/b] Is Ramsey Noah not famous? Is Desmond Elliot not famous? Is Olu Jacob not famous? [b]

Fame is relative, we are talking about the entrepreneurial aspect of Nollywood and Yorubas are clearly modifying Nolywood and making it more viable. It’s about innovation and the Yorubas clearly understood the game.

Nollywood owned by IGBOS made them famous!
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by LegendHero(m): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Ogbeni, Yoruba took over Nolywood a long time. The Igbos in the game are just used to count the numbers as evident in the top 90 highest most gross movie.

You spoke about other movies being produced in Nollywood. Do you know Yoruba language movies are generating more money and streaming than Igbo language movies? The Igbos themselves don't even stream their movies anymore lol and they already settled for the English language produced movies.

Now in the English language produced movies, Yoruba people are the one raking in the most money as evident in the list I shared and it will remain so as long as we are all still in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Karac: 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Lovelyn451:
lol..simple question what is the book about? ..mature mind with down syndrome, if u don't understand a simple question how will u understand a whole book ...agbero yahoo boy...

It's of no need talking about it with you because I know your brain cannot process, you have displayed that already. Like I said Queen Primer, Ali and Simbi are ur best bet. Dadandidi omo grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by LegendHero(m): 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Zinniee:

Nollywood owned by IGBOS made them famous!

English movie made them famous. That is because English produced movies has more reach than indigenous language.

Are they Yorubas or Not? I don't have time for roforofo talks!

3 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Lovelyn451(f): 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2020
Karac:

It's of no need talking about it with you because I know your brain cannot process, you have displayed that already. Like I said Queen Primer, Ali and Simbi are ur best bet. Dadandidi omo grin
grin grin...walahi u be mumu...choi
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Zinniee: 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
LegendHero:

Ogbeni, [/b]Yoruba took over Nolywood a long time.[b] The Igbos in the game are just used to count the numbers as evident in the top 90 highest most gross movie.

You spoke about other movies being produced in Nollywood. [/b]Do you know Yoruba language movies are generating more money and streaming than Igbo language movies?[b] The Igbos themselves don't even stream their movies anymore lol and they already settled for the English language produced movies.

Now in the English language produced movies, Yoruba people are the one raking in the most money as evident in the list I shared and it will remain so as long as we are all still in Nigeria.

How can you take over from what you were never part of? The second bolded is a huge lie!

1 Like

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Karac: 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
Lovelyn451:
grin grin...walahi u be mumu...choi

So says the one who said Wole Soyinka’s ‘Death and The King’s Horseman’ is empty. What an imbecilic utterance.

6 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by LegendHero(m): 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2020
Zinniee:

How can you take over from what you were never part of? The second bolded is a huge lie!

What do you mean never part of? Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Make sure you respond intellectually this time around, or else I will stop responding.

No time to check time my brother!

3 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Yabaleft: 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
martineverest:
I see the end of DStv in nearest future

Once data becomes affordable, their subscribers will reduce. If they cannot do pay as you watch, that's their wahala.
Personally, I have not paid for my dstv subscription for over a year now. It's a waste of money. I am satisfied with my unlimited internet of 11k per month plus 4400 netflix. YouTube dey dere too. Shikena

1 Like

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by NGpatriot: 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
nanauju:
I really want to thank Genevieve nnaji for opening the netflx pathway for other nigerians. Igbos lead others follow

When her sleep-inducing moving was on Netflix, the Wedding Party made by Kemi Adetiba was harvesting massive money and commanding huge ratings on Netflix.

Highest-grossing Movie in Nigeria was directed by Kemi Adetiba.

King Of Boys by the same Kemi Adetiba is another Nigerian another blockbuster on Netflix.

It's all about quality stories, quality content, quality production and concept.

Your low-quality aba and idumota cheap and crude movies are all disposal TV plays, nothing more.

Bisi Daughter of the River made by Tunde Balogun in 1977 was the highest-grossing movie in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by NGpatriot: 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
The best movie distribution company in Nigeria is Film One and Moses Babatope is the Group Executive Director/ MD FilmOne.
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Zinniee: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
LegendHero:

English movie made them famous. That is because English produced movies has more reach than indigenous language.

Are they Yorubas or Not? I don't have time for roforofo talks!
Many never knew Desmond Elliot was even Yoruba. Meanwhile Ramsey is biracial not full Yoruba, whereas It was IGBO Marketers that made Olu Jacob including Omotola famous.
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by NGpatriot: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
In the movie-making celluloid era, the industry names were Only films of the celluloid the highest-grossing moving in Nigeria before the Wedding party was a movie made in 1977 by Babatunde Adu/Jab Adu’s Bisi: Daughter of the River.

The leaders in the industry were Chief Hubert Ogunde like Aiye and Ayanmo, Chief Adeyemi Afolayan, Ajani Ogun, Ade Love and so on.

3 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Zinniee: 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
LegendHero:

What do you mean never part of? Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Make sure you respond intellectually this time around, or else I will stop responding.

No time to check time my brother!
Yorubas were never part of people that pioneered Nollywood. Living in Bondage gave birth to Nollywood, you lots are only attaching to a successful Nollywood IGBOS started. So what the fu..uck are you saying?

1 Like

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by jennybright(f): 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
I can't stop laughing, that's the way to go. ONE LOVE

ProfDview1:
Omo yoruba nimi oo

Swagger, We gat too much swagger..

Igbos & Yorubas own Nollywood

Only Yorubas own Netflix, bollywood and Hollywood....

grin blessing always follow us in Yoruba land

As blessing follows us, we make sure it flows to our neighbor Igbos too... They are great people..

Together we are great cool

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 Seun front page

Helinues MinorityOpinion afamed come ooo..

Yoruba amaka
Igbo afonja gringringrin
Igbo ewedu
Yoruba akpu
Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Sagay212: 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
Karac:
All these Igbos think we are still in the stone age of movie making. That's how backward they are. Next AMVCA una go still wail as usual say Una no see award.cheesy

Lol...you need to see their funny onitsha movie titles...you see titles like

Mama amaka part 1 & 2
Tinini Tanaka
The impki forest
Otuocha and wicked step mother
Chike the akpu water
Indaboski 1 & 2
Ngwongwo girls
Otumokpor river
Amaka the yam farmer

3 Likes

Re: FG Congratulates Mo Abudu On Netflix Deal by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
LegendHero:

First of all I will fight you because of misinformation unless if you change your post to reflect true realities.

Igbos don’t own Nollywood, they are just part of the numbers and the Yorubas are the mega entrepreneurs raking in all the money from Nollywood. Yoruba own the Nolywood.

If you think I’m lying, attached is the top 50 highest Nollywood grossing movies of all time. Yoruba produced movies dominated the list conveniently and we dominate the list when you also check the top 90 grossing movies.

Yoruba own the Nollywood, Nigeriawood, Musicwood, Awardwood, entertainmentwood. Infact Yoruba rule the entertainment industry in Nigeria.

FOOL! spit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Allwell Ademola: I Fell In Love With Our Best Man After I Lost My Fiancé / Chioma Spotted At The Inauguration Of Davido's Uncle As Osun State Governor / The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.