Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Seeking Much Greater Signs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seeking Much Greater Signs (171 Views)

In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? / Prophet Samuel Olaluwoye: Warnings For 2018- The Year Of Greater Expectations / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Seeking Much Greater Signs by davidinchrist(m): 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
Jesus told the Religious Men seeking to get a SIGN from him:

Matthew 12:39 KJV
But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a SIGN; and there shall NO SIGN be given to it, BUT THE SIGN OF THE PROPHET Jonas:

So, what's the Sign of Jonas?

Matthew 12:40 KJV
For as Jonas was THREE days and THREE nights in the whale's BELLY; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART of the earth.

It simply symbolizes the Death and the Resurrection of Jesus.

And how is that RELEVANT to us:

Rom.6.10 - For the death that He DIED, He died to SIN ONCE for ALL; but the LIFE that He lives, He LIVES to God.

Great! But now, we should SEEK to make his SIGN work out in our own lives:

Rom.6.11 -" Likewise you also, RECKON yourselves to be DEAD indeed to SIN, but ALIVE to God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

To consider ourselves DEAD with Christ on the Cross, and therefore:

Rom.6.12 - Therefore DO NOT LET SIN "reign" in your mortal body, that you should OBEY it in its lusts.

Rom.6.18 - And having been SET FREE from Sin, you became SLAVES of
RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Rom.6.23 - For the WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH, but the GIFT of God is ETERNAL LIFE in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Therefore, having the finished work of the Cross of Jesus Christ of DENYING THE FLESH and taking up the own CROSS is a much greater SIGN to glorify God.

However, we should ALSO trust God in prayer for earthly SIGNS or MIRACLES for our needs too. But should NOT be made MORE important, or greater than the REALITY of the CROSS of Christ in our daily lives:

Matt.10.38 - And he who DOES NOT take his CROSS and FOLLOW after Me IS NOT WORTHY OF ME.

FINALLY:
Col.3.2 - Set your "mind" on things ABOVE, NOT on things on the EARTH.

Col.3.3 - For you DIED, and your life is HIDDEN with Christ in God.

John.14.15 - "If you LOVE Me, KEEP My commandments.

May Lord Jesus bless you.
Re: Seeking Much Greater Signs by davidinchrist(m): 10:28am On Jun 13, 2020
Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Re: Seeking Much Greater Signs by davidinchrist(m): 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
davidinchrist:
Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Love There Is / Pls Explain / Walk In The Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.