Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] (7875 Views)

Nokia Announces First Smartphone With Repairability At MWC 2023 Congress / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner / Looking For Buyers Of Apple/samsung Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Flytime: 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
Gmajor:

What about the camera that rises from the top of the phone when you want to snap a picture?
that is no longer used I'm new phones because it's a mechanical part that makes it possible,and like all mechanical part they wear out.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by ashorkoys: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
Here's a list of 12 things only Nigerians find funny
1. Foreign accent
2. Foreigners eating the local delicacies
3. Buying from Jumia instead of https://luxfus.com
4. Being the first to arrive for parties
5. Eating fufu with knife and fork
6. Ladies fighting over a man
7. When you travel to an African country and come back with an American accent
8. Nigerians who would not crush their chicken bones
9. Men who wear suit and tie and walk under a very hot weather
10. People who wear sun glasses at night
11. A Nigerian who drives an expensive car and begs for money
12.A poor man with pot belly

Well, a lot of things make Nigerians laugh, we will be glad if you can share some with us in the comment below:
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by bobo65(m): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
calddon:
@op Although Apple's iPhone X help to popularize the notched display, Essential's PH-1 smartphone was the first device to incorporate a notched display.

They don't know

Iphone stole essential idea
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
thariodamaniac:

guy you off me for this one.... They told you iphone cameras are the best abi.... Guy iphone never win any camera challenge in the world for the past 3yrs now...and most camera hardware are made by sony even apple buys their hardware from them na their ios software na e make am but android sef don upgrade....
Just say you like iphone no be say companies dey copy dem.... And btw iphones are bullcrap the only thing that iphone beats other phones in is its customer service becos of updates( even tho they make older models slower on purpose... Yes, they were fined) and their ios operating system(that shit is f4cking on point mehn) aside the rest android beat dem by far..... Who brought the idea of foldable fones, motorized camera.... Guy check out phones abeg

U completely missed my point. Show me in my post that u quoted where I said iPhones have the best camera. I said phone makers are copying the design of their back camera just like they did with the notch just like in the images below. Meanwhile iPhone cameras are also right there on top when it comes to the overall best camera phones. They might not be the best in a particular department but when it comes to the overall picture quality, like just point and shoot iPhone cameras are one of the best. Definitely the best video camera phone for sometime now (until recent with the Sony Xperia 1 ii).

Meanwhile that a company buy their sensor from Sony does not mean Sony will make better cameras than them. For many years now Sony phones are not even ranked among the best camera phones even though many phone makers but their sensors from Sony, they still use those sensors to make better cameras than Sony. Smartphone photography is dependent on software as much as hardware. If u have a good camera hardware and a shitty software u won't get better images. This is why pixel 3 with just 1 camera beat all those phones with double, triple cameras, software bro, software.

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 13, 2020
Juventusyanke:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11723510_a5dd01cc8ad140029768f2d4d9e685d0_jpeg_jpegad769c986f80cdf559a7319d1340b4f4
websites r not easy to build except u want to build all this sites DAT lack functionalities.
Or use already made software to build it
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
bobo65:

They don't know

Iphone stole essential idea

Stole essential idea? Like seriously? The renders and iPhone x leaks was already available since January 2017, way before anyone even know what essential phone was. Essential phone ph1 was announced in May 2017, while wwe already saw the iPhone leaks since January 2017 with the notch. Tell me again how apple stole essential phone idea?

I'm not going to say essential stole Apple idea, but the essential ph1 was rushed so they can claim the spot of the first notched phone. This explains the many problems the phone had, it was never a finished product. Meanwhile apple and been working on face id for a long time which they could only achieve with the notch. They had that notch design for a long time before essential phone.

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by 1blogger: 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
thariodamaniac:
How is this a new feature...??

Mention 1 phone with a hidden camera?
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by 1blogger: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
Flytime:
that is no longer used I'm new phones because it's a mechanical part that makes it possible,and like all mechanical part they wear out.

Those can't work anymore because everyone is trying to make their phones water-resistant.
A pop-up camera would just mess up any hope of the phone being water-resistant.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by 1blogger: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
KrazyDave16:
Apple is not the first to implement the notch screen. Go and do more research before sharing links in the name of traffic...

Oya Mr researcher (who is yet to research a cure for coronavirus)
Mention one phone...just 1 phone that has done it, and I will delete this post.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by 1blogger: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
Gmajor:

What about the camera that rises from the top of the phone when you want to snap a picture?

Those can't work anymore because everyone is trying to make their phones water-resistant.
A pop-up camera would just mess up any hope of the phone being water-resistant.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by 1blogger: 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
I wonder why a hidden camera phone is celebrated. Every IT guru knows that these features can be used by the tech company to breach your privacy. Your phone is a spy in disguise!

You have a point, but should that stop us from using smartphones?
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Benwallt(m): 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
thariodamaniac:
How is this a new feature...??
because it a new CHARACTERISTIC of phones
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by DrayZee: 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
thariodamaniac:

i read am o... All screen display its like people dont know how almost impossible it is.... Its just like how they believed the samsung galaxy fold will last...how does one place one sensor on top on the screen which is already a sensor on its own..... The camera is already been done but not other sensors
Lol. Keep yourself updated. Nothing is wrong with Samsung's Galaxy Fold. It's even sold out.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by DrayZee: 4:05pm On Jun 13, 2020
1blogger:

The Essential Phone was the first to do it.

You can delete your post now.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by DrayZee: 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
Flytime:
Lol. Are you sure it's no longer being used?
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by DrayZee: 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
greenhulk:

The thing is this, yes iPhone is not the first to implement a notch, but u should know the design of the iPhone x was leaked several months before its release. Essential phone was just quick to release their phone before the iPhone x. iPhone made the notch popular. The iphone serves as a statue that other phone manufacturers copy. Apple made the new camera trend popular now every phone maker is releasing phones with back camera similar to iPhone 11. Apple made headphone jack removal a normal thing. If they decide to bring back the headphone jack with the next iPhone then every other phone makers that have been removing headphone jack from their phones will bring it back. So many other things like micro SIM card, nano SIM, etc were made popular by apple.

Apple know how much they control the market and this is why sometimes they are slow to innovate as they don't want to rush some techs into the market so they won't run out of ideas for the next iPhone. If apple released their next iPhone without any physical buttons don't be surprised other phone makers will follow.
I disagree. The design of the iPhone X was a surprise to many in the tech world. Apple announced both the 8 and the X at the same time...what for? The way they released the X made the 8 obsolete in just 2-3 months after its release. Why the hurry from Apple? It seems to me that they wanted to implement the new design from Essential as soon as possible. The Essential phone was announced and released even before the iPhone 8...I really doubt they could have copied the design of the X.
Apple haven't innovated anything in recent years.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by 2cul2care: 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
All this hype over phones, last last na still call n text messaging u go use am do

1 Like

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Wrong

Should Apple release a buttonless phone, few OEMs will follow after a few months or years because Apple is notorious for forcing changes on its customers, be the changes good, bad or pointless.

Also they aren't that innovative, they implement others ideas, sometimes make it better or change the name in some cases.

Yes, they have not been very innovative for sometime now. I think it's mainly due to that they have their customers locked down. No matter what they bring out, people will still queue to buy. They have their own os, if u like iOS u have no choice but buy the iPhone. So they can decide to release the same phone for 2-3 generations with just minor changes. The iphone x design is in its 3rd and most probably last generation now. And to be frank I don't think changing the design of phones every year is very good for business of even for customers. If I bought an iPhone xs for $1,000, then a year later apple realeases a completely different iPhone 11, I would feel jealous, but if the design is not too different I can still hold on to my old phone for another year. Good for customers, good for business as they can still use old parts for the new phone.

Samsung have also followed this trend. In the past Samsung are known to release new designs every year, but for sometime now they have followed apple steps, release phones for generations. The s8 design was carried on till the S10 (3 generations). It makes someone who owns the s9 to skip the S10 and buy the s20. In fact if not for the competition Android devices are giving, apple are ready to delay new features of phones for as long as they can, not because they can't do it but it's a business strategy.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
DrayZee:

I disagree. The design of the iPhone X was a surprise to many in the tech world. Apple announced both the 8 and the X at the same time...what for? The way they released the X made the 8 obsolete in just 2-3 months after its release. Why the hurry from Apple? It seems to me that they wanted to implement the new design from Essential as soon as possible. The Essential phone was announced and released even before the iPhone 8...I really doubt they could have copied the design of the X.
Apple haven't innovated anything in recent years.

Bro, apple have been working on face id for a while, it's not something they can do within 3 months of essential ph1 release. iPhone x leaks came out before essential phone release. Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF8uTzjK5Os
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Flytime: 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
greenhulk:

Yes, they have not been very innovative for sometime now. I think it's mainly due to that they have their customers locked down. No matter what they bring out, people will still queue to buy. They have their own os, if u like iOS u have no choice but buy the iPhone. So they can decide to release the same phone for 2-3 generations with just minor changes. The iphone x design is in its 3rd and most probably last generation now. And to be frank I don't think changing the design of phones every year is very good for business of even for customers. If I bought an iPhone xs for $1,000, then a year later apple realeases a completely different iPhone 11, I would feel jealous, but if the design is not too different I can still hold on to my old phone for another year. Good for customers, good for business as they can still use old parts for the new phone.

Samsung have also followed this trend. In the past Samsung are known to release new designs every year, but for sometime now they have followed apple steps, release phones for generations. The s8 design was carried on till the S10 (3 generations). It makes someone who owns the s9 to skip the S10 and buy the s20. In fact if not for the competition Android devices are giving, apple are ready to delay new features of phones for as long as they can, not because they can't do it but it's a business strategy.
actually the s9's design is different from that of the s10 the s8 design was only for 2 generations.

1 Like

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
DrayZee:

Lol. Keep yourself updated. Nothing is wrong with Samsung's Galaxy Fold. It's even sold out.
this guy sef..... Why was the launch called off.... Why did the early users of the fold return it complaining that the screen couldnt keep up..... Should i continue?
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
Benwallt:
because it a new CHARACTERISTIC of phones
may be for fones like itel, infinix and tecno
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
1blogger:

Mention 1 phone with a hidden camera?
oppo reno has hidden camera.... The selfie camera is motorized meaning it slides up from inside when its time to take selfies.... Not just oppo... Google phones with motorized selfie cameras you go see say dem full everywhere
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
greenhulk:

U completely missed my point. Show me in my post that u quoted where I said iPhones have the best camera. I said phone makers are copying the design of their back camera just like they did with the notch just like in the images below. Meanwhile iPhone cameras are also right there on top when it comes to the overall best camera phones. They might not be the best in a particular department but when it comes to the overall picture quality, like just point and shoot iPhone cameras are one of the best. Definitely the best video camera phone for sometime now (until recent with the Sony Xperia 1 ii).

Meanwhile that a company buy their sensor from Sony does not mean Sony will make better cameras than them. For many years now Sony phones are not even ranked among the best camera phones even though many phone makers but their sensors from Sony, they still use those sensors to make better cameras than Sony. Smartphone photography is dependent on software as much as hardware. If u have a good camera hardware and a shitty software u won't get better images. This is why pixel 3 with just 1 camera beat all those phones with double, triple cameras, software bro, software.
now i see ur point.... You mean the body and design of the iphone.... Ur right.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by KrazyDave16(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
1blogger:

Someone already mentioned the phone here...and do direct your saltiness elsewhere, doesn't work on me mate
BUT
Just in case you didn't see it, name of the phone is the Essential PH-1, an household name cos the owner was one of the founders of Android (Andy Rubin before you give yourself aneurysm) and they were the first to implement it. See, free research materials
Great device, getting patches and OS upgrades after Google Pixels does and still getting some even after they went off the smartphone biz.

Now delete your post and work on that article.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by KrazyDave16(m): 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2020
thariodamaniac:

oppo reno has hidden camera.... The selfie camera is motorized meaning it slides up from inside when its time to take selfies.... Not just oppo... Google phones with motorized selfie cameras you go see say dem full everywhere
He meant under screen camera not motorized pop-up cameras
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
KrazyDave16:

He meant under screen camera not motorized pop-up cameras
how do you expect that to happen.... There are on screen cameras but under screen thats not possible... Even if it happens except they find a way to cover it... It would be discontinued for security reasons
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by KrazyDave16(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
greenhulk:

I'm not big on designs so my opinion on this topic will be a bit flawed but the trend here was for better camera performance than design, in my opinion Samsung and Apple got it all wrong. The S10 design would've been perfect this time around and the iPhone 11 camera should've been smaller instead but you're right about the competition not being in favour with Apple right now.

Given the rumours that iPhone 12 will come with a 120hz panel and them sourcing from Samsung, LG and one other source confirming this, it means they're going to play roulette concerning the green tint that comes with the high refresh rate instead of being left out of the refresh trend.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by KrazyDave16(m): 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2020
thariodamaniac:

how do you expect that to happen.... There are on screen cameras but under screen thats not possible... Even if it happens except they find a way to cover it... It would be discontinued for security reasons
The under screen isn't possible now because the amount of light that enters the lens won't be enough to make a good pic talk less of video shots unless infrared was somewhat implemented but I doubt it'll stay for long.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nellsworld(m): 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
thariodamaniac:

Nokia 9.3 will be having under screen camera, and by nxt yr, it will be a common thing, Oppo, Xiaomi, One plus and Samsung are working to achieve it, even Sony
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
KrazyDave16:

I'm not big on designs so my opinion on this topic will be a bit flawed but the trend here was for better camera performance than design, in my opinion Samsung and Apple got it all wrong. The S10 design would've been perfect this time around and the iPhone 11 camera should've been smaller instead but you're right about the competition not being in favour with Apple right now.

Given the rumours that iPhone 12 will come with a 120hz panel and them sourcing from Samsung, LG and one other source confirming this, it means they're going to play roulette concerning the green tint that comes with the high refresh rate instead of being left out of the refresh trend.

I completely missed the high refresh thing. Thanks for reminding me. It's not like apple can't make phones with high refresh rate, I think they are saving it for their next generation of phones probably with a new design. Still comes down to them having their customers locked down, even if they release the next iPhone without higher refresh rate they will still sell because of their ecosystem. But I think the next iPhones will have a higher refresh rate
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by KrazyDave16(m): 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
greenhulk:

I completely missed the high refresh thing. Thanks for reminding me. It's not like apple can't make phones with high refresh rate, I think they are saving it for their next generation of phones probably with a new design. Still comes down to them having their customers locked down, even if they release the next iPhone without higher refresh rate they will still sell because of their ecosystem. But I think the next iPhones will have a higher refresh rate
And a bigger battery capacity as well. But if they don't they'd sell alright but not as much as they'd expect. Cos the reason for upgrading from one generation to the next is pretty pointless for Apple users right now since iPhone 11 covered most of the important ones (except design), unless consumers are coming off from 6s to X series. Though they did release the intentional bug to boost sales, they were caught.
The refresh rate (or ProMotion as it's called) will be used to sell the iPhone 12 like they did the SE to Android users.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Data Bonus..... Better And More Attractive / Mediatek MT6750T Vs Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM8996 [snapshots] / Subscribe MTN For 6GB With #500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.