Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,902 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:34 AM

World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] (8155 Views)

Nokia Announces First Smartphone With Repairability At MWC 2023 Congress / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner / Looking For Buyers Of Apple/samsung Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nellsworld:

My lg g8 is 3500, but it last me frm 6 to 6, upon i do heavy internet stuffs and watching of movies on it and also some sound stuff
maybe for you but for me... I play online games... I download and i play music all at the same time at optimal use... But normally i am a heavy user always multitasking.... No phone ba3 has ever kept up with me... Huawei, tecno, gionee, realme, oppo(they were not all mine o).... There was even a time i had to use itel to test it... Itel claimed 3days... In less than 24hrs the fone don dey beg for mercy..... Believe me i had tried the highest that took me down was 6000mah and it was becos my body could not take it as i was already having headache..... I am looking for who will give me those oukitel k series phones let me see how powerful it is...3500mah can never last me 12hrs
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nellsworld(m): 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
greenhulk:

It is iPad pro that has 120hz refresh rate.
Pro maxget 120hz touch sensing
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nellsworld:

Pro maxget 120hz touch sensing

That's touch sampling rate available on iphones since iPhone XS, XS max and XR. Its different from 120hz refresh rate.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
thariodamaniac:

i dont think apple will increase refresh rate just yet but they may still find a way to manage it... But till then

I see them not going the full 120hz but we would most likely see 90hz. Higher refresh rate is the new trend and why I still think Sony got their priorities wrong with the Sony Xperia 1 ii. For $1,200 they couldn't even offer a higher refresh rate, instead, they went with 4k display which is pointless as u cannot tell a difference between that and a 1440p display. In fact differentiating between a 1080p and 1440p is very difficult let alone 4k. They tried as much as possible to make the camera great but too much for what an average phone user would really want. Most people just want a point and shoot camera that will give great images. Those who want complex cameras just buy DSLR. Also for that price they are offering 8gb of RAM while the competion is offering 12gb. They even made it 4,000mah for a 4k display with 21W charging, what a joke. Galaxy s20 ultra has 45w fast charging and 5,000mah battery, One plus 8 pro has 4,500mah and 30w fast charging. To top it all up it doesn't even have reverse wireless charging, like who is giving advice to Sony? It doesn't even support 5G. I don't see too many people paying $1,200 for this phone when they could just get a galaxy s20 ultra, or get a Oneplus 8 pro for cheaper.

1 Like

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by DrayZee: 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
thariodamaniac:

this guy sef..... Why was the launch called off.... Why did the early users of the fold return it complaining that the screen couldnt keep up..... Should i continue?
No launch was called off. Samsung released prototypes of the Fold to Tech Reviewers for testing. They found a problem with the screen attachment and the hinge. Samsung rectified it before releasing the actual mainstream Galaxy Fold to the public. The actual models of the Fold haven't had any problem whatsoever. Try to keep yourself updated.

1 Like

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by DrayZee: 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
greenhulk:

Bro, apple have been working on face id for a while, it's not something they can do within 3 months of essential ph1 release. iPhone x leaks came out before essential phone release. Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF8uTzjK5Os
The essential phone was announced in May though...this your video is July undecided

And also try looking at the Essential Phone. That is in no way similar to the iPhone (apart from being a notch). It can't be a copy.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by seanwilliam(m): 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
Habiodunz:

Do you know

You are actually saying nonsense??
you are very stupid for saying that to the guy.. your type no dey farabale and learn..but you go just dey open mouth gbagagbaga
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
DrayZee:

The essential phone was announced in May though...this your video is July undecided

And also try looking at the Essential Phone. That is in no way similar to the iPhone (apart from being a notch). It can't be a copy.

Ok boss, let's play.

I hope u know iPhone x renders with that notch have been leaked as far back as 2016, way before anyone knew anything about the essential phone. Just check the images below. The first image was June 9 2017. Essential phone was announced in May 2017, r u telling me it took apple just 1 month to design the iPhone x? Lol.

If that is not enough check the other pictures, as far back as 2016 they have been working on that design. Now who copied who? Like I said earlier, essential phone was rush to be released, it was not a finished product and that was why it failed.

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by seanwilliam(m): 11:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
greenhulk:

Yes, they have not been very innovative for sometime now. I think it's mainly due to that they have their customers locked down. No matter what they bring out, people will still queue to buy. They have their own os, if u like iOS u have no choice but buy the iPhone. So they can decide to release the same phone for 2-3 generations with just minor changes. The iphone x design is in its 3rd and most probably last generation now. And to be frank I don't think changing the design of phones every year is very good for business of even for customers. If I bought an iPhone xs for $1,000, then a year later apple realeases a completely different iPhone 11, I would feel jealous, but if the design is not too different I can still hold on to my old phone for another year. Good for customers, good for business as they can still use old parts for the new phone.

Samsung have also followed this trend. In the past Samsung are known to release new designs every year, but for sometime now they have followed apple steps, release phones for generations. The s8 design was carried on till the S10 (3 generations). It makes someone who owns the s9 to skip the S10 and buy the s20. In fact if not for the competition Android devices are giving, apple are ready to delay new features of phones for as long as they can, not because they can't do it but it's a business strategy.
you are very very sensible

1 Like

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by DrayZee: 12:25am On Jun 14, 2020
greenhulk:

Ok boss, let's play.

I hope u know iPhone x renders with that notch have been leaked as far back as 2016, way before anyone knew anything about the essential phone. Just check the images below. The first image was June 9 2017. Essential phone was announced in May 2017, r u telling me it took apple just 1 month to design the iPhone x? Lol.

If that is not enough check the other pictures, as far back as 2016 they have been working on that design. Now who copied who? Like I said earlier, essential phone was rush to be released, it was not a finished product and that was why it failed.
You’d prove your point better by showing me a journal from 2016, with the notch design renders. As far as I know, nobody guessed anything about that design until a few weeks before it’s announcement. I also know the design came as a surprise to many tech reviewers, I still remember clearly. But I get your point...you think Essential copied Apple, because it’s easier to believe they saw an Apple render and made a phone out of it, than it is to believe that Apple saw the Essential render/phone and designed a 3D render after it.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 14, 2020
DrayZee:

You’d prove your point better by showing me a journal from 2016, with the notch design renders. As far as I know, nobody guessed anything about that design until a few weeks before it’s announcement. I also know the design came as a surprise to many tech reviewers, I still remember clearly. But I get your point...you think Essential copied Apple, because it’s easier to believe they saw an Apple render and made a phone out of it, than it is to believe that Apple saw the Essential render/phone and designed a 3D render after it.

I never said essential copied Apple, I only proved that the iPhone x renders have leaked way before the essential phone was announced. It's u people that keep saying apple copied essential which is NOT TRUE.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by DrayZee: 12:40am On Jun 14, 2020
greenhulk:

I never said essential copied Apple, I only proved that the iPhone x renders have leaked way before the essential phone was announced. It's u people that keep saying apple copied essential which is NOT TRUE.
I didn’t say Apple copied Essential either. And your post hasn’t actually proven that either. But let it slide...it doesn’t matter.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Ejadike(m): 7:30am On Jun 14, 2020
thariodamaniac:

no i meant the hidden under screen cameras
which device has this please?
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Blastedholligan: 7:48am On Jun 14, 2020
What sort of phone is that? Is it same as the pop up camera?
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Timiflexi: 9:28am On Jun 14, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8bBZHDULA

One plus has been working on the hidden camera for a while
It's definitely coming
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by KrazyDave16(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Timiflexi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8bBZHDULA

One plus has been working on the hidden camera for a while
It's definitely coming
The approach they used for the rear camera cannot be replicated with the front camera...

Cutouts for front cameras and sensors defeats the purpose of full screen they're trying to achieve in the first place.

Using it nonetheless will only make the price of phones higher, cause health hazards from falls, exposure to static electricity and repairs will be too expensive, making them not worth it, unless it'll be limited edition/collectors items.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Ejadike:
which device has this please?
just saying that when it comes out i wont buy
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 14, 2020
greenhulk:

I see them not going the full 120hz but we would most likely see 90hz. Higher refresh rate is the new trend and why I still think Sony got their priorities wrong with the Sony Xperia 1 ii. For $1,200 they couldn't even offer a higher refresh rate, instead, they went with 4k display which is pointless as u cannot tell a difference between that and a 1440p display. In fact differentiating between a 1080p and 1440p is very difficult let alone 4k. They tried as much as possible to make the camera great but too much for what an average phone user would really want. Most people just want a point and shoot camera that will give great images. Those who want complex cameras just buy DSLR. Also for that price they are offering 8gb of RAM while the competion is offering 12gb. They even made it 4,000mah for a 4k display with 21W charging, what a joke. Galaxy s20 ultra has 45w fast charging and 5,000mah battery, One plus 8 pro has 4,500mah and 30w fast charging. To top it all up it doesn't even have reverse wireless charging, like who is giving advice to Sony? It doesn't even support 5G. I don't see too many people paying $1,200 for this phone when they could just get a galaxy s20 ultra, or get a Oneplus 8 pro for cheaper.
no 5g... 5g is still new as at 2019 when it was announced you can forgive them for that..... The camera is quite the bomb but only those who actually know photography can navigate the sony xperia well as 4 oneplus... Abeg i no fit talk for those ones...
But you have to admit 4k display is impressive but for $1.2k sony must be mad
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by ubev01(m): 11:21am On Jun 14, 2020
thariodamaniac:
yes.... Those with motorized selfie cameras exist.... And me sef no go gree buy that kin phone as a cybersecurity enthusiast i know that is just plain silly.... If someone can hack ur phone camera and spy on you when it can be covered.... Imagine when the owner cant even see it
and also a screen is a sensor with multiple functions.... Imagine placing another sensor under it... How does that work
add long as your camera is visible, it can be used to spy on you, be it under the display, notched, cut out or bezzeled. You want to avoid that, get a pop up selfie cam phone

1 Like

Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
ubev01:
add long as your camera is visible, it can be used to spy on you, be it under the display, notched, cut out or bezzeled. You want to avoid that, get a pop up selfie cam phone
exactly my point
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Habiodunz(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
seanwilliam:
you are very stupid for saying that to the guy.. your type no dey farabale and learn..but you go just dey open mouth gbagagbaga
Shey ori yin o buru sir undecided
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
thariodamaniac:

no 5g... 5g is still new as at 2019 when it was announced you can forgive them for that..... The camera is quite the bomb but only those who actually know photography can navigate the sony xperia well as 4 oneplus... Abeg i no fit talk for those ones...
But you have to admit 4k display is impressive but for $1.2k sony must be mad

Actually it was announced in February 2020. I agree 4k display is impressive but c'mon bro, can u tell the difference between 1080p and 1440p. If we can turn off fanboysm for just a minute, then u will see it's almost impossible to tell the difference between FHD+ and Quad Hd+. Just look at the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9vmex44TmA

To me 4k on a smartphone is an overkill and unnecessary, there is a limit to the number of pixels our naked eyes could see. I would take a 1440p 120hz refresh rate over 4k 60hz, hell I would even take 1080p 120hz over 4k 60.

And u are right about the camera, only professional photographers can navigate it, but hey most professional photographers don't use their phones camera as their main camera. Sony got their priorities wrong yet again like they always do.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nellsworld(m): 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
thariodamaniac:

maybe for you but for me... I play online games... I download and i play music all at the same time at optimal use... But normally i am a heavy user always multitasking.... No phone ba3 has ever kept up with me... Huawei, tecno, gionee, realme, oppo(they were not all mine o).... There was even a time i had to use itel to test it... Itel claimed 3days... In less than 24hrs the fone don dey beg for mercy..... Believe me i had tried the highest that took me down was 6000mah and it was becos my body could not take it as i was already having headache..... I am looking for who will give me those oukitel k series phones let me see how powerful it is...3500mah can never last me 12hrs
You can go for galaxy S20 ultra, it comes with 5000 plus battery, or u can get ur self a 40000 mah power bank
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nellsworld(m): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
greenhulk:

But the 45w in ultra is bought separately, the follow come na 25w, and if u are into pixel formation, you will see a big difference between 1440p, and 1080p, and a bigger difference between a 4k screen and 1440p
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nellsworld:

But the 45w in ultra is bought separately, the follow come na 25w, and if u are into pixel formation, you will see a big difference between 1440p, and 1080p, and a bigger difference between a 4k screen and 1440p

Bro, we talking about smartphones here that will be a few inches away from ur face. Trust me u cannot tell the difference between 4k and 1440p on a smartphone. Same way u can hardly tell the difference between 1080p and 4k on tv that is less than 45 inches, u need like 55 inches tv to really see the difference. And then u cannot tell the difference between 4k and 8k on any tv that is less than 75 inches. Why do u think all TV's with 8k are TV's that are over 75 inches.
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nellsworld(m): 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
greenhulk:

Bro, we talking about smartphones here that will be a few inches away from ur face. Trust me u cannot tell the difference between 4k and 1440p on a smartphone. Same way u can hardly tell the difference between 1080p and 4k on tv that is less than 45 inches, u need like 55 inches tv to really see the difference. And then u cannot tell the difference between 4k and 8k on any tv that is less than 75 inches. Why do u think all TV's with 8k are TV's that are over 75 inches.
When typing u will see the difference between 1440p and 1080p and when watching movies, there is a difference in them
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
greenhulk:

well ur right but it doesnt mata anyway,..sony aiint big on phones...maybe thats the cause for their misplaced priorities
modified: the difference may not be much until every phone starts having 4k... I watched the review and generally compared to other phones..... Sony is going no where... But some people just like sony
Re: World's First Smartphone With Hidden Camera [xiaomi Leading Apple & Samsung] by zlent16(m): 1:58am On Jun 15, 2020
there's a profound argument about apple innovating or simply forcing down change they dub as innovation. Whichever the case may be, Apple is an established company. If you are still using the lighting port to listen to music I made a post on [url]https://soundcorridor.com [/url] check it out for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ways To Protect Your Mobile Phone From Damage / Airtel Has Began Auto Subscribing Users To Shortcode Services / Mtn Configuration For Asha 201.. Please Don't Ignore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.