Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay (1116 Views)

'Are You Okay, You Call This A Car?' – Lady Rages At Boyfriend Over Car Gift / My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling / What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 13, 2020
Good day guys. So I recently got a Toyota matrix 2004 1.8 engine capacity.
I know toyota matrix consumes less.
I filled up my tank with 50 liters and got exactly 300km on my trip just before my reserve fuel light came up.
I drive in town and with ac all tru.
Please is my car consumption okay?
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Danielomisco(m): 8:06am On Jun 13, 2020
Noooo its nt! Let us try and blame it on the A.C
The least your car shud go with that fuel is 470km and more.im using 1997 monkey tail 406,8litres takes me 50-55km then it starts Jacking.
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Praxtech: 8:10am On Jun 13, 2020
veecent:
I filled up my tank with 50 liters and got exactly 300km on my trip just before my reserve fuel light came up.

Was your trip intra or intercity? However my 12 plugs, v6 Mercedes Benz consumes less than that even in go-slows.

1 Like

Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 13, 2020
Praxtech:

Was your trip intra or intercity? However my 12 plugs, v6 Mercedes Benz consumes less than that even in go-slows.

I used it in town. No travels
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 13, 2020
Danielomisco:
The least your car shud go with that fuel is 470km and more.im using 1997 monkey tail 406,8litres takes me 50-55km then it starts Jacking.

Wat can be done bro.?
Cos I scanned it recently and got no code.
Wat I noticed is that I can do 195km from full tank to half tank.
But when it gets to dt half tank I can hardly do 150km
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Praxtech: 8:18am On Jun 13, 2020
veecent:

I used it in town. No travels
Then 25mpg us at worst. That should give you 470 km at least.
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 13, 2020
Praxtech:

Then 25mpg us at worst. That should give you 470 km at least.

I've scanned and got no code. The consumption increases after the fuel passes the half tank mark. I can hardly get 150km
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by 9icetoo(m): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2020
veecent:

I've scanned and got no code. The consumption increases after the fuel passes the half tank mark. I can hardly get 150km
The consumption doesn't increase after the half way mark. It is the way the gauge is designed. It isn't symmetrical.

6km/liter isn't outrageous. Maybe you have a heavy foot, maybe you idle a lot(with the AC on, that can be tempting), maybe you've got a brake that is binding, maybe you drive ridiculously short distances eg 3 kilometers per trip. With this sort of short distances, your car never really gets to warm up and drive at its efficient temp.
The only way to know if your car is healthy is to fill up, take it to a highway and drive for about fifty kilometers. Fill up again and check how many liters it took to cover that 50kms. If you get anything above 12km/liter, then your car is fine.
One last thing, what's the state of your transmission? Does it shift smoothly all the time?
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2020
9icetoo:

The consumption doesn't increase after the half way mark. It is the way the gauge is designed. It isn't symmetrical.

6km/liter isn't outrageous. Maybe you have a heavy foot, maybe you idle a lot(with the AC on, that can be tempting), maybe you've got a brake that is binding, maybe you drive ridiculously short distances eg 3 kilometers per trip. With this sort of short distances, your car never really gets to warm up and drive at its efficient temp.
The only way to know if your car is healthy is to fill up, take it to a highway and drive for about fifty kilometers. Fill up again and check how many liters it took to cover that 50kms. If you get anything above 12km/liter, then your car is fine.
One last thing, what's the state of your transmission? Does it shift smoothly all the time?

Tnks man.
My transmission shifts well.
You're right on d idle part. I leave d ac on most times.. I'll try and follow your tips and see afar
Tnks again
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by abella22: 11:56am On Jun 13, 2020
just to be sure,in miles or km
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by emy77: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
That's the main issue. You may say 300km but if it's calibrated in miles, that's actually 480km. You have to be sure. If it's 300 miles, your car is fine
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
abella22:
just to be sure,in miles or km

Its km. Km is bolded in my dashboard
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
emy77:
That's the main issue. You may say 300km but if it's calibrated in miles, that's actually 480km. You have to be sure. If it's 300 miles, your car is fine

D bolded is in km
So I'm thinking is km
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by MOTIONTECH(m): 3:14am On Jun 14, 2020
veecent:

Wat can be done bro.?
Cos I scanned it recently and got no code.
Wat I noticed is that I can do 195km from full tank to half tank.
But when it gets to dt half tank I can hardly do 150km
A physical inspection will be perfect.
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
emy77:

That's my dashboard

Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by alphaNomega: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Danielomisco:
Why would you allow your car to "jack"? grin
Re: Please Help It's My Fuel Consumption Okay by cluewebhost(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
veecent:

Try this with AC and then without AC let's see if there's a difference.

https://www.nairaland.com/5924691/lets-track-compare-car-fuel

(1) (Reply)

Reg Lexus RX 300 2002 Model Clean Pass Toks / How Can I Bid For Car Auctions Directly? / Honda Accord (baby Boy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.