Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story (953 Views)

Infinix Hot 6 Review – Full Phone Specifications And Price In Nigeria / Tecno Camon X Review – Full Phone Specifications And Price In Nigeria / Tecno WX4 Pro Complete Phone Specifications And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by Henryneo(m): 9:20am On Jun 13, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MNQ3dDi7O0

In a world where phone specifications seem to be the rule book by which you can determine what phone is worth your money, this video takes a look at the other half "Specifications aren't everything".

Proper optimization brings about a better device than the spec sheet does sometimes and my intentions here are to inform you of some of the reasons why specs aren't the only thing you should look at in your next smartphone purchase. If you buy your phone just based on specifications alone, please share how that has worked out for you and your take on the matter

Hit the comments section If you would like to continue the discussion

Your subscription is also appreciated. Thank You.

Follow me on Social
Twitter - @Henreeneo
Instagram - @Henreeneo
Facebook - @Henreeneo

#PhoneSpecs #CandidTalk #Henreeneo

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by grimandevil: 9:21am On Jun 13, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by ArcFresky(m): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2020
� � There is no phone with 4tb naa?
Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by FryMosquito: 9:57am On Jun 13, 2020
Me I go with device authenticity first before any other thing
Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by Crownedjon: 10:01am On Jun 13, 2020
Henryneo are you try to justify the fact that Tecno and infinix has been using Helio p22 from immemorial

6 Likes

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by seunfly: 10:05am On Jun 13, 2020
Specs is very important as well as optimisation, boths goes hands in hand.

Their is no optimization that will make helio p22 better than helio P90 or SD 855.

Software enhances the job of hardware but software can't make a bad harware great, Software can only better a good harware example is gcam, gcam makes good sensor turn up a monster pictures but no gcam or apple camera apps will make the sensor on bird D716 turn up with any spectacle picture.

I v watch people mistake camera sensor for camera mega pixel, they are 2 different things and people says Iphone only have so and so mega pixel and the picture quality is better than motorola with so and so mega pixel.

Sensor determines quality picture because it control amount of light that entres, therefore apple and google use great sensors but lower mega pixel.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2020
FryMosquito:
How do you verify this authenticity.. undecided
Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by seunfly: 10:19am On Jun 13, 2020
Rgade:

There are apps that authenticates specs of ur phone, just download and run it.

1 Like

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by Henryneo(m): 10:33am On Jun 13, 2020
Very sound argument. We need to learn more how these buckets work together. Specs on a sheet only tell us half of how the device might perform. But has the oem improved on the other parts (software) which is what the user interacts with and sees.

As you said, both go hand in hand and they must be tuned to give the best experience possible.

seunfly:

Their is no optimization that will make helio p22 better than helio P90 or SD 855.

Software enhances the job of hardware but software can't make a bad harware great, Software can only better a good harware example is gcam, gcam makes good sensor turn up a monster pictures but no gcam or apple camera apps will make the sensor on bird D716 turn up with any spectacle picture.
Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by Samyd18: 10:48am On Jun 13, 2020
then why do OEM use spec to advertise ?
Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by Denovan: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2020
seunfly:

I v watch people mistake camera sensor for camera mega pixel, they are 2 different things and people says Iphone only have so and so mega pixel and the picture quality is better than motorola with so and so mega pixel.

Sensor determines quality picture because it control amount of light that entres, therefore apple and google use great sensors but lower mega pixel.
oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by FryMosquito: 11:03am On Jun 13, 2020
Rgade:

Buy a smartphone manufactured by world recognized brands, and from accredited and trusted resellers. A brand that it products always pass through standard tests and certifications before going into mass production.

4 Likes

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by Randerl: 11:33am On Jun 13, 2020
I actually agree with the OP, because specs like 64MP, 48MP, 6GB/128GB, Helio G70 all Tell You Half of The User Experience.

The User will have to find out the other half practically via experience. These other half includes

Hanging
Lagging
No Updates
Bad Gaming Experience
VGA like resolution
Balogun Market Experience @C.care
Poor Image/Photos after 6 months of use
Frustration
Despair
Replacing Complete Board to fix Charging port
Flagship Price for mediocre budget level device
etc etc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by kekilika: 11:39am On Jun 13, 2020
Categories of phone users experience can be gotten from the following grade of phones:
1. Bad hardware, Good software
2. Bad hardware, Bad software
3. Good hardware, Good software
4. Good hardware, Bad software. E.g Lenovo and ZUI, "Huawei and EMUI"
Now phone optimization experience can vary among individuals. Someone will query my placement of Huawei and EMUI under category 4. Some will say it belongs to number 3. We can all disagree but at least agree that the hardware is very good. That's why at first glance we use the hardware to judge the device and move on. Now the software used is a personal choice.

NB: the use of the word bad can also connote fair or averagely.

1 Like

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by Randerl: 11:42am On Jun 13, 2020
FryMosquito:

This is what l check after specs.

Standard Tests and Certifications.

Not the paddy paddy Type from morally bankrupt african organisations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by edoairways: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
seunfly:

I agree with all you said
Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by Denovan: 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
kekilika:
Categories of phone users experience can be gotten from the following grade of phones:
1. Bad hardware, Good software
2. Bad hardware, Bad software
3. Good hardware, Good software
4. Good hardware, Bad software. E.g Lenovo and ZUI, "Huawei and EMUI"
Now phone optimization experience can vary among individuals. Someone will query my placement of Huawei and EMUI under category 4. Some will say it belongs to number 3. We can all disagree but at least agree that the hardware is very good. That's why at first glance we use the hardware to judge the device and move on. Now the software used is a personal choice.

NB: the use of the word bad can also connote fair or averagely.
Oga Emui is smooth AF, update to Emui 10

2 Likes

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by seunfly: 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
Samyd18:
then why do OEM use spec to advertise ?

They use specs to advertise because it gives you idea of what to expect.
Sometimes ur expectation might be matched or might be disappointments.
If a phone uses SD 855 plus socs, sony imx 586 camera sensor and 65watt charger etc u already know you have great phone beyond decent, no matter how poor the software is. However if a manufacutere announces UNISOC SC7731E socs, with very bad camera sensor and 5watt charge, u will know that no matter how smooth the software is, the phone will be a disappointments.

1 Like

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by Blastedholligan: 9:09am On Jun 14, 2020
True. Others are gotten from experience too.
Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by skywalker240(m): 10:08am On Jun 14, 2020
Maybe, but wait

is this a way to justify the scam A22 and P22 Tecno and Infinix keep churning out for rediculous prices? I hope not

2 Likes

Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by ubev01(m): 10:47am On Jun 14, 2020
I remembered Op telling some people back then that their subs doesn't matter. Glad to see you realized your mistake. Don't forget to apologise
Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by reigncalif1: 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
specs is everything that matters why buying a smartphone,,, what do u want people to check why getting a phone
would u expect me to buy a Helio p22 phone against a snapdragon 439

ingredients
Re: Phone Specifications Only Tell Half The Story by nonny400(m): 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
Henryneo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MNQ3dDi7O0

In a world where phone specifications seem to be the rule book by which you can determine what phone is worth your money, this video takes a look at the other half "Specifications aren't everything".

Proper optimization brings about a better device than the spec sheet does sometimes and my intentions here are to inform you of some of the reasons why specs aren't the only thing you should look at in your next smartphone purchase. If you buy your phone just based on specifications alone, please share how that has worked out for you and your take on the matter

Hit the comments section If you would like to continue the discussion

Your subscription is also appreciated. Thank You.

Follow me on Social
Twitter - @Henreeneo
Instagram - @Henreeneo
Facebook - @Henreeneo

#PhoneSpecs #CandidTalk #Henreeneo

Bro, I've always been a fan, I dunno if you remember this Nick from your 2017/18 threads. I also agree that sponsored posts must be made, but I think you should also be in a position to not lead people to buy devices that you know you can't use for more than a day.

You can use your reach and platform to educate people that are less tech savvy on what they should expect from potential devices. It's okay to use transsion devices, but is the cost of these phones in tandem with the specs they have?

I saw an itel phone with spreadtrum chipset selling for 43k this week. In 2015 Infinix hot note pro was 27k. This is not even about exchange rate, it's about Nigeria being a dumping ground.

(1) (Reply)

Redmi K30s Ultra Sold 100,000 Units In 1 MINUTE ONLY / Super Clean Uk Used Samsung Galaxys / Samsung A8+ Screen 4 Sale At Giveaway Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.