Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,419 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:57 AM

Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP (1922 Views)

Adesoji Akanbi: If Tinubu Leaves APC, Then The Party Will Go With Him / Oshiomhole: We Won’t Lose Edo State If Obaseki Leaves APC / Bukola Saraki Leaves APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by archivengr: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2020

It is been alleged that the Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, has joined the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP after been disqualified from the governorship primaries.
Reports gathered that the governor will be moving into the PDP with all the 18 local government chairmen in Edo State together with 12 lawmakers in the State Assembly and the Governors under the PDP umbrella will be paying him a visit this weekend.
click to read full story
https://taletela.com/news/local-news/politics-obaseki-leaves-apc-for-pdp/
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by Futuragetty: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2020
Someone told me Obaseki will be happy in the PDP. I agreed with him. He is a new bride. They are gushing over him. He is coming with the big buttocks of Edo state govt But the problem is, will the PDP be happy with him after one year? Anyone who has his mouth wont last with Wike or Atiku. Anyone who has his aloofness wont last with the local PDP machinery. Obaseki should have gone to AA or ADC. He needs a party where he can be a god. He claims overwhelming popularity With AA, he can do a Mimiko. And become a Pope rather than a Bishop. All his life he has never campaigned. Last time he was taken around like a school boy Now he will. Or he might not need to . His numerous GOOD works will speak for him. There is one thing that we must watch out for. Behind the scenes any politician he calls to help him will tell him : "please dont treat me how you treated Oshiomohle oo" He will say: " no dont worry. Ah ah... I wont. That's not my character"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by youneedjesus: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
If he is not qualified to contest in one party then he is not qualified to contest in any party. Or are the qualifications different for different parties? The question we should be asking is how did he escape disqualification in the first elections. If truely his certificates are not authentic then INEC has to explain what happened in the first election that he was not disqualified. Furthermore, if his certifiedcate is 'fake' then he should cease from continuing as governor forthwith. Finally, if APC says he is not qualified after presenting him as a qualified candidate then it puts a question mark on APC's sincerity and intergrity and they can not be trusted to present a candidate with correct certificate. It only means that every of their APC's candidate cannot be trusted. My humble submission. All Nigerian politicians need JESUS if not things will never change. God bless.
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by seanfer(m): 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
youneedjesus:
If he is not qualified to contest in one party then he is not qualified to contest in any party. Or are the qualifications different for different parties? The question we should be asking is how did he escape disqualification in the first elections. If truely his certificates are not authentic then INEC has to explain what happened in the first election that he was not disqualified. Furthermore, if his certifiedcate is 'fake' then he should cease from continuing as governor forthwith. Finally, if APC says he is not qualified after presenting him as a qualified candidate then it puts a question mark on APC's sincerity and intergrity and they can not be trusted to present a candidate with correct certificate. It only means that every of their APC's candidate cannot be trusted. My humble submission. All Nigerian politicians need JESUS if not things will never change. God bless.

In 2016 He submitted his SSCE and affidavit that his certificates got lost. But in 2020 those Certificates resurfaced with discrepancies. The NYSC carries Obasek while the Uni carries Obaseki. Where I have issue with him is that all this years he didn’t approach NYSC for the correction. Now we want to see how PDP will correct that mistake that it won’t hurt them back.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by papagiddy(m): 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
I knew he will jump to pdp
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by realstars: 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
Moving To PDP Is Automatic Handover The State To The PDP, Then What Will Be The Faith Of APC?
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by abobote: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2020
How many times will he leave APC to PDP
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by lograr(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
His aid has denied this
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by loadedvibes: 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mtcheew
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by egopersonified(f): 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2020
Can the 1st runner up in APC or the 1st runner up in the governorship election of 2016 take obaseki or inec to court to claim victory as a result of this certificate issue?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by tuniski: 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
seanfer:

In 2016 He submitted his SSCE and affidavit that his certificates got lost. But in 2020 those Certificates resurfaced with discrepancies. The NYSC carries Obasek while the Uni carries Obaseki. Where I have issue with him is that all this years he didn’t approach NYSC for the correction. Now we want to see how PDP will correct that mistake that it won’t hurt them back.

He should simply present his O"level that is all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by batstan(m): 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2020
Abandon ship!

grin
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by seanfer(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
tuniski:

Not as easy as that. It’s now on the public domain.
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by seanfer(m): 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
egopersonified:
Can the 1st runner up in APC or the 1st runner up in the governorship election of 2016 take obaseki or inec to court to claim victory as a result of this certificate issue?

That might happen once he decamps
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by KnowAll(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
O’level is enough for him to contest in any party.
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
I am really amazed that people are busy talking about Obaseki' certificates. If PMB is using NEPA Bill as certificate to rule us as a country why can't Obaseki use either FSCL or dstv subscription receipt? In fact any politician that has gotten FSCL is a professor compare to Buhari that is using NEPA Bill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by Dansuqi: 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
tuniski:

Where have you been akk these while? The defeat of atiku sent you to exile.I told you.I hope you have learnt your lessons.he doesn't have ssce but hsc which is suspect
Re: Obaseki Leaves APC For PDP by Dansuqi: 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2020
egopersonified:

No

(1) (Reply)

Sowore, Others Protest At US Embassy In Abuja ( VIDEO, PHOTOS) / Is It Criminal Offense To Register For NIN Twice / Benue Residents Must Reveal Gunmen Who Killed 11 Soldiers OR Els – Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.