Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,323 members, 7,867,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

EDO 2O2O: Governor Obaseki Disqualification And Party Supremacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EDO 2O2O: Governor Obaseki Disqualification And Party Supremacy (197 Views)

Tinubu's Disqualification And Judgments Supreme Court Will Overturn To Save Tinu / Godwin Obaseki Meets Nyesom Wike Over His Disqualification And Move To PDP / Why Edo Governor Obaseki Slept At UN Conference – Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EDO 2O2O: Governor Obaseki Disqualification And Party Supremacy by Rexojie(m): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
Election in this era we are currently facing in Nigeria is not about popularity. Painfully, those who are not in the game who view politics from far will say Edo is not Lagos, Edo can be Lagos or Abuja. Nigeria politics is built around leaders.
I once contested for election under my beloved party All Progressive Congress, I was un-democratically screened out to favour someone else, I remained unperturbed and worked for my party to win the election, picked my wig and gown and moved on because I understand that politics is a game and interest is the formula.

Unfortunately, the main person that masterminded me been screened out to favour his candidate was denied ticket too by APC. Sadly, he left the party to get ticket in another party and lost the election the rest is history. Politics is a game u most look well before you lip, it is never fair, the process that brought him to power was never fair but had the blessings of those that be.

Painfully, those who are not in the game who view politics from far will say Edo is not Lagos, Edo can be Lagos or Abuja. Nigeria politics is built around leaders.

Currently, in Edo State three elected local government councils boss were unconstitutionally removed by the Governor despite the recent supreme Court judgement against governors removing elected officers from offices, then Edo is not Lagos, about 6 Councillors were unconstitutionally removed because you said they are not loyal to you. Edo is not Lagos. Over two years now colleges of Agriculture Iguoriakhi staff salaries remains unpaid, Edo is not Lagos.

My advise to Governor Obaseki Sir, stay with your party and work for the party to win the general election, I did it in the past and Odubu lost to you and still work for you because he understands the game of leaders in Nigeria politics.

You have done well in many areas and failed in some, you can't separate politics from governance, people who motivate you to go to war will leave u at the middle of the war. Election in this era we are currently facing in Nigeria is not about popularity, remember Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu was very popular but lost to Governor Obaseki in 2016 even when the Governor was not know.

SEE MORE:
SOURCE: https://afrib.org.ng/2020/06/13/edo-2o2o-governor-obaseki-disqualification-and-party-supremacy-by-famous-osawaru/

(1) (Reply)

LASG Commences Verification, Issuance Of Safety Certificates To Social Clubs / Don't Cry ,godwin ( By Sam Omaseye) / Epe Protest: Save Us From Bad Road (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.