Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It (2918 Views)

Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better / Xiaomi Phones, Other Products Set To Launch In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
So I was privileged to use the Redmi Note 7 over a long period of time which was around the span of a year.

Although I've always loved MIUI and all of its customizations but it was definitely a first time having a feel of their own device.

The phone was made out of glass on the front and the back but with a plastic case. Very nice feel and premium design with sharp cutting edges but also felt "plasticky". This is beginning to sound like a review which I'm not interested in doing so let's cut the chase here.

The bottom line is their devices are good from my experience and usage especially considering what we already have here in the country, yes I'm talking about Infinix and Tecno.

I believe the level of customizations and work Xiaomi puts in their devices cannot be compared to anything Transission can offer and trust me when I say this that most of their devices are nothing but palatable trash. Still on this, Xiaomi Phones are not the best or even to considered as saviours in the smartphone world but when you factor in the prices and craftsmanship of these phones you are left with no other option but to consider them worthy.

There is no perfect phone and most Xiaomi Phones are budget devices that offer some flagship functions.

Having used devices such as the Infinix hot 8 and it's lite version I've come to a conclusion that when it comes to UI, ram management and overall feel; Xiaomi exceeds by a large margin.

I recently decided to do away with my Redmi Note 7 after the camera glass broke and images got blurry from the damage and also the power button broke cause it's made out of cheap plastic.

My advice is this, if you're sourcing for premium features and peace of mind, do not consider budget devices especially from brands like Xiaomi, umidigi, oppo and the rest of them.

But my dilemma will always be why would Nigerians take out their hard-earned money and pay for over priced phones which continue to offer mediocre specifications and are way worse than anything Xiaomi could offer.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by CANDYDADDY(m): 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2020

Some people will soon commit suicide on top of xiaomi

what a confused lil boy

13 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
CANDYDADDY:

Some people will soon commit suicide on top of xiaomi
Do not stray from what was written above, instead provide arguments and not just a sentence that makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by CANDYDADDY(m): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles:
Do not stray from what was written above, instead provide arguments and not just a sentence that makes no sense.

what you pasted up there is vividly unnecessary,who dont know that xiaomi is of good brand

And we all know it will soon land on Transsion holding company,it getting Stale already

7 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
CANDYDADDY:

what you pasted up there is vividly unnecessary,who dont know that xiaomi is of good brand

And we all know it will soon land on Transsion holding company,it getting Stale already
The fact is I never said they were good, you just made that conclusion and that was the point of what was written up there.
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by Ofemmanutosure: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
Phone that was released last year. How come you've used it for 2 years?

11 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ofemmanutosure:
That was a mistake on my part but is there anything else you can come up with
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by Pelaguis: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2020
It's so sad that you are comparing xaiomi to transsion devices.. cry
May God have mercy on your soul.

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by WHITELIGHTER: 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ofemmanutosure:

That's what happen when someone wants to lie because of half bread and a bottle of pepsi

19 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by Ofemmanutosure: 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles:
That was a mistake on my part but is there anything else you can come up with

Okay.
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:

That's what happen when someone wants to lie because of half bread and a bottle of pepsi
SMH
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by WHITELIGHTER: 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles:
SMH

Shake it off my brother

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:

Shake it off my brother
I really admire your blind support for a smartphone brand that don't give a cent about you except if they are the ones that are actually paying you. Enjoy.
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by TrollKiller(m): 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles:
I really admire your blind support for a smartphone brand that don't give a cent about you except if they are the ones that are actually paying you. Enjoy.
while checking your profile, I discovered that you have already opened a thread like this not long ago

so what's the point of this one?

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by phantom24: 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2020
you're just complaining & condemning other products but u couldn't make a single recomendation. Though it's obvious that you'll recomend no more than samsung or iphone.

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
phantom24:
you're just complaining & condemning other products but u couldn't make a single recomendation. Though it's obvious that you'll recomend no more than samsung or iphone.
"My advice is this, if you're sourcing for premium features and peace of mind, do not consider budget devices especially from brands like Xiaomi, umidigi, oppo and the rest of them."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
TrollKiller:

while checking your profile, I discovered that you have already opened a thread like this not long ago

so what's the point of this one?
WHITELIGHTER:
Very misleading topic....

And your comments on every Xiaomi based topic is based on what exactly?
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by Nellsworld(m): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles:
"My advice is this, if you're sourcing for premium features and peace of mind, do not consider budget devices especially from brands like Xiaomi, umidigi, oppo and the rest of them."
I think u are a new person in phone, Oppo makes good phones also the same with those phones bands u mentioned, their budget phones are million miles beta than Samsung budget phones, name one Samsung budget phone that is beta than those phone bands you mentioned, by the way am a Samsung galaxy note user

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nellsworld:

I think u are a new person in phone, Oppo makes good phones also the same with those phones bands u mentioned, their budget phones are million miles beta than Samsung budget phones, name one Samsung budget phone that is beta than those phone bands you mentioned, by the way am a Samsung galaxy note user
With the way you rushed to type this mess, shows you are already defensive and nothing I'll really say will change your mind in regards to these "Chinese brands" but good luck with that and lastly I wish I was new to phones, do check my post and topics to clear your doubts.
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by Nellsworld(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles:
With the way you rushed to type this mess, shows you are already defensive and nothing I'll really say will change your mind in regards to these "Chinese brands" but good luck with that and lastly I wish I was new to phones, do check my post and topics to clear your doubts.
U got it wrong, u were condemning some brands because they are Chinese phones, it seems u just ve beef with them, but don't just come generalizing them, i have not use any of those phones u are criticizing as my personal phones, but i have personally recommended them, and to me they are far beta than all Samsung budget phones starting frm the Galaxy Aseries and the M series

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by edoairways: 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles the simple reason why you suddenly dislike xiaomi is the fact that your need is insatiable.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nellsworld:

U got it wrong, u were condemning some brands because they are Chinese phones, it seems u just ve beef with them, but don't just come generalizing them, i have not use any of those phones u are criticizing as my personal phones, but i have personally recommended them, and to me they are far beta than all Samsung budget phones starting frm the Galaxy Aseries and the M series
You want to compare my personal experience to your recommendations? How does that work exactly Also I never hated on Chinese devices cause let's be honest most phones are manufactured in China. My issue here is people wanting premium features from budget devices and also folks pushing others to patronise brands that are not reliable and are only focused on making quick bucks by releasing 20209272 different versions of similar devices i.e Tecno and Xiaomi.
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
edoairways:
mikeycharles the simple reason why you suddenly dislike xiaomi is the fact that your need is insatiable.
I never liked them and I'm sure I never will but okay.
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by Denovan: 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2020
undecided
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by edoairways: 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles:
I never liked them and I'm sure I never will but okay.
But they are good. Like you implied, if your budget is tight you might consider them. However which brand do you suggest aside tecno and xiaomi.?
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by edoairways: 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
I like the fact that you are been honest and unbiased. So can you suggest any good phone at premium price.?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by chibike69: 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles:
You want to compare my personal experience to your recommendations? How does that work exactly Also I never hated on Chinese devices cause let's be honest most phones are manufactured in China. My issue here is people wanting premium features from budget devices and also folks pushing others to patronise brands that are not reliable and are only focused on making quick bucks by releasing 20209272 different versions of similar devices i.e Tecno and Xiaomi.

Mumu boy

Oya tell me budget phone wey I fit buy, wey dey better than xiaomi

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by Nellsworld(m): 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles:
All brands does that as long as it is a budget phones, they can release 4 to 5 phones a year, and xiaomi is reliable cos 3 of my neighbors are using them(note 8pro, Mi 9t) and till today they are still solid, a phone can last depending who handle the phone even tecno or infinix, majority of people that have phone issues especially battery issues or screen burn in or ghost screen etc is cause by them not handling their phones well, even if u give them S20, they will still come bck to complain, if someone wants a premium phone, the person should up his or her cash and get the one plus 8 or 7t or MI 10 or MI 10 pro or go for the galaxy S10 series or note 10 series or the S20 series, u can't buy a budget phones and be expecting the phone to give u want a high end phone will give

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2020
edoairways:

But they are good. Like you implied, if your budget is tight you might consider them. However which brand do you suggest aside tecno and xiaomi.?
Yeah they're actually good and I never suggested Tecno/Infinix.
I have reached that point where I can only enjoy devices from reputable brands.
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by Nellsworld(m): 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2020
chibike69:

Mumu boy

Oya tell me budget phone wey I fit buy, wey dey better than xiaomi
Apart frm Xiaomi, There are brands like Huawei, Oppo, Realme, Nokia
Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by KrazyDave16(m): 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2020
mikeycharles:
So I was privileged to use the Redmi Note 7 over a long period of time which was around the span of a year.

Although I've always loved MIUI and all of its customizations but it was definitely a first time having a feel of their own device.

The phone was made out of glass on the front and the back but with a plastic case. Very nice feel and premium design with sharp cutting edges but also felt "plasticky". This is beginning to sound like a review which I'm not interested in doing so let's cut the chase here.

The bottom line is their devices are good from my experience and usage especially considering what we already have here in the country, yes I'm talking about Infinix and Tecno.

I believe the level of customizations and work Xiaomi puts in their devices cannot be compared to anything Transission can offer and trust me when I say this that most of their devices are nothing but palatable trash. Still on this, Xiaomi Phones are not the best or even to considered as saviours in the smartphone world but when you factor in the prices and craftsmanship of these phones you are left with no other option but to consider them worthy.

There is no perfect phone and most Xiaomi Phones are budget devices that offer some flagship functions.

Having used devices such as the Infinix hot 8 and it's lite version I've come to a conclusion that when it comes to UI, ram management and overall feel; Xiaomi exceeds by a large margin.

I recently decided to do away with my Redmi Note 7 after the camera glass broke and images got blurry from the damage and also the power button broke cause it's made out of cheap plastic.

My advice is this, if you're sourcing for premium features and peace of mind, do not consider budget devices especially from brands like Xiaomi, umidigi, oppo and the rest of them.

But my dilemma will always be why would Nigerians take out their hard-earned money and pay for over priced phones which continue to offer mediocre specifications and are way worse than anything Xiaomi could offer.
@bolded availability and marketing strategy is what these brands have over Nigeria. There's no place you go in Nigeria you don't see it hear their ads. Though in all honesty the strength they put in their ads should be directed to make better devices.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Phones Are Not Worth It by mikeycharles(m): 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nellsworld:

All brands does that as long as it is a budget phones, they can release 4 to 5 phones a year, and xiaomi is reliable cos 3 of my neighbors are using them(note 8pro, Mi 9t)...
Thank you but the truth is some devices are not reliable and it's really not about manhandling, when you see and use inferior and superior you'll know.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bold 4 Vs Bold 5 / Spotting Out The Differences Between Infinix Zero And Tecno Phantom Z / A Must Have Ten Smart-phone Apps You Must Have In August 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.