Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

BACKEND Learning Path. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / BACKEND Learning Path. (2161 Views)

Discussion Thread On The Best Learning Path For Beginner Fullstack Developers / The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread / Javascript Learning Path - 2019 Javascript Learning Curve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BACKEND Learning Path. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
Fellow programmers in the house,
Let's discuss the BACKEND side of web development.

Everyone knows the learning path for front-end(HTML,CSS, JavaScript).

If you are a BACKEND developer kindly tell us your learning path ����.
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by EngtTemmy(m): 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
I learned Django, i don't need to learn database because creating and quering the database can be done with Django

3 Likes

Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Arg0n(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
EngtTemmy:
I learned Django, i don't need to learn database because creating and quering the database can be done with Django
Pls, which book or tutorial did u use to learn?
I'm having troubles following the django docs
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by EngtTemmy(m): 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
Arg0n:

Pls, which book or tutorial did u use to learn?
I'm having troubles following the django docs

Don't use the Django documentation yet, i learned with YouTube videos tutorial.

Check Max goodridge, Corey Schafer, Denis ivy on YouTube.

You can go back to the documentation when you are through with the videos.

WhatsApp, 07038347584, if you encounter any problem

2 Likes

Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Arg0n(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2020
EngtTemmy:

Don't use the Django documentation yet, i learned with YouTube videos tutorial.
Check Max goodridge, Corey Schafer, Denis ivy on YouTube.
You can go back to the documentation when you are through with the videos.
WhatsApp, 07038347584, if you encounter any problem
Ok Thanks
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by EngtTemmy(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Arg0n:

Ok Thanks
You are welcome
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Abcruz(m): 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
Has anyone tried Python Flask for backend?
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by EngtTemmy(m): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
Abcruz:
Has anyone tried Python Flask for backend?

Yes, I have
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Abcruz(m): 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
EngtTemmy:

Yes, I have

I intend learning it. Is it a good option?
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by EngtTemmy(m): 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Abcruz:

I intend learning it. Is it a good option?

Go for Django

It's a better option than flask, i was learning flask before, i did some research online, i got to understand that flask is somehow limited, so i switched to Django
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Arg0n(m): 10:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
Flask in mainly for small projects
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Flakkygees(f): 2:14am On Jun 15, 2020
Arg0n:
Flask in mainly for small projects
What did you mean by Small projects ? Are this listed ones small projects ? Do your researches right

1 Like

Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by omoluabiguy: 10:05am On Jun 15, 2020
Have you considered learning C# which is a top and highly demanded technology of the Microsoft .Net framework?

Subscribe to my channel and learn everything for free from the scratch till you become a pro. Follow me on a journey to create fullstack software engineers.
On top of that, I would also be making vlogs about life as a software engineer and things to expect in the software industry.

I’m a software industry veteran with years of experience and derive joy in teaching students and aspiring engineers how to go about their craft.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and watch my videos. You can thank me later by subscribing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNrlP_X_VV4vg00P2QmDnw

You can as well join our Facebook community where we answer questions, discuss and share ideas about technologies
https://www./738709033333419/?ref=share
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Arg0n(m): 10:34am On Jun 15, 2020
Flakkygees:
What did you mean by Small projects ? Are this listed ones small projects ? Do your researches right
Oh wow. Sorry about that... When I read that it was a lightweight framework, I just assumed it wouldn't be able to handle heavy stuff.

1 Like

Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by EngtTemmy(m): 11:56am On Jun 15, 2020
Arg0n:
Oh wow. Sorry about that... When I read that it was a lightweight framework, I just assumed it wouldn't be able to handle heavy stuff.
Bro you are right, that's what i also learnt too

Generally, people said it's a lightweight framework, and Django has official documentation and large community than flask
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Arg0n(m): 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
EngtTemmy:

Generally, people said it's a lightweight framework, and Django has official documentation and large community than flask
Is Flask easier to learn?

I heard its easier to learn compared to django
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by EngtTemmy(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
Arg0n:

Is Flask easier to learn?

I heard its easier to learn compared to django
None of it is easy.

So that why i decided to Port from the lightweight one to the heavyweight.
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Arg0n(m): 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
EngtTemmy:
None of it is easy.
So that why i decided to Port from the lightweight one to the heavyweight.
grin I'll stick with my django niyen
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
EngtTemmy:

Flask is lightweight because it has few functionalities whereas Django has a lot of functionalities embedded in it.
Django has many functionalities which can only be tweaked in a limited manner, I heard it even has its own database.
Flask has few functionalities but it can get functionalities from other sources (including yours) and you can tweak it to your choice (to a large extent). For example, it doesn't have it's own database and uses an SQL to store data.
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by EngtTemmy(m): 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
Graspad:

Flask is lightweight because it has few functionalities whereas Django has a lot of functionalities embedded in it.
Django has many functionalities which can only be tweaked in a limited manner, I heard it even has its own database.
Flask has few functionalities but it can get functionalities from other sources (including yours) and you can tweak it to your choice (to a large extent). For example, it doesn't have it's own database and uses an SQL to store data.

With django you don't need to learn SQL at all, you can set up the database with django, you can do advance query with django without needing to write sql, although if you want to use SQL there is also an option for that too.

Django create sqlite database for you with ur project, you can change it to postgresql or MySQL if you wish.

Django is dope

1 Like

Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Abcruz(m): 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
EngtTemmy:

Go for Django

It's a better option than flask, i was learning flask before, i did some research online, i got to understand that flask is somehow limited, so i switched to Django

Alright thanks
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by EngtTemmy(m): 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abcruz:

Alright thanks

you are welcome
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by ibromodzi: 10:59am On Jun 16, 2020
EngtTemmy:

Go for Django

With companies like Netflix, Reddit, Airbnb etc.. using Flask?
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Abcruz(m): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
ibromodzi:

Hmmm Interesting!
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Arg0n(m): 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
ibromodzi:

I think its a matter of preference.

Django comes with alot of features that make ur job easier but its not that flexible.
Flask comes with fewer features but it can be extended because of its flexibility.
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by devbits: 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2020

1 Like

Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by devbits: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
EngtTemmy:

With django you don't need to learn SQL at all, you can set up the database with django, you can do advance query with django without needing to write sql, although if you want to use SQL there is also an option for that too.

Django create sqlite database for you with ur project, you can change it to postgresql or MySQL if you wish.

Django is dope

I'm not here to discourage you but you will do yourself good if you learn SQL before praising ORM, remember ORM is a wrapper and last last it will still translate to SQL
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Arg0n(m): 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
devbits:

Don't do that, I will advice you test the two very well before you pick one, I have done django very well Infact up to the point of class based view because I like to know everything a framework provide and I did 3 project with it HRSYS,E-LEARNING, but then I hate framework making decisions for me, performing background magic and to top it all any simple mistake in django will not give u a proper stack trace but will always complain of cyclic import. i'm Now using Flask, DJANGO is very good but I found peace with flask
True, but the thing is I'm not a web developer so I'm not looking for a framework to settle down with.
I'm expanding my knowledge in Python so I'm trying frameworks in all the fields python is applied. I'm hoping to find a field I can do well in. Also, I'm doing it for fun.
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Abcruz(m): 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
devbits:

Don't do that, I will advice you test the two very well before you pick one, I have done django very well Infact up to the point of class based view because I like to know everything a framework provide and I did 3 project with it HRSYS,E-LEARNING, but then I hate framework making decisions for me, performing background magic and to top it all any simple mistake in django will not give u a proper stack trace but will always complain of cyclic import. i'm Now using Flask, DJANGO is very good but I found peace with flask

Then Flask it is!
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by EngtTemmy(m): 4:36am On Jun 19, 2020
devbits:

I'm not here to discourage you but you will do yourself good if you learn SQL before praising ORM, remember ORM is a wrapper and last last it will still translate to SQL
Actually i know it's good to learn it, i have already enrolled for it, just saying the advantage of Django
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Toppytek(m): 11:46am On Jun 19, 2020
I’ve never tried Flask before and am new to Django but it’s somehow difficult to understand how everything works, like someone suggested, I’ll have to download Dennis Ivy’s Django crash course, and am following this this book, “Django 3 by Example”. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks
Re: BACKEND Learning Path. by Arg0n(m): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Toppytek:
I’ve never tried Flask before and am new to Django but it’s somehow difficult to understand how everything works, like someone suggested, I’ll have to download Dennis Ivy’s Django crash course, and am following this this book, “Django 3 by Example”. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks
Please, where did you get Django 3 by example book?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Which Is More Profitable And Less Boring: Networking Or Programming? / How I Ventured Into Software Engineering / Pls Help, Website For C/c++ Compiler Free Download Windows 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.