Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,253 members, 7,957,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:55 PM

Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To (2079 Views)

APC Slams Obaseki, Says Nigeria Safe Under Tinubu / Nigeria Safe, Ignore Liars – Lai Mohammed To Investors / "This Is Nigeria": Femi Falana Blasts MURIC For Threatening To Sue Falz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Bendeco2020:

Mr comprehension, You are not enlightened as you taught you are. To avoid unnecessary argument let me just ignore you.

Okay Sir.... cheesy
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
frosbel2:

I suspect it may true to an extent.

What we do not need is another class of oppressors. If they were to relocate, they will have to live like everybody else, obey the culture and traditions and contribute positively to society.

But let us be honest, over 400 years of slavery, oppression and racism has traumatised the average African American. We should empathise with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q36UlLlhGw&t=392s

I empathize with them. But that's not going to stop their discrimination against their African brothers.

I've seen many videos of African Americans treating Africans like shit.

Just go on Twitter and see for yourself.

One lady on a train was even telling a fellow African woman during an argument to get back on the boat that brought her to America and go back to Afrika.

Forgetting that her own ancestors were brought to America in chains.

The day we will open that particular can of worms on Twitter, BlackLivesMatter campaign will look like child's play.
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

K.

Gangs
Muggings
Burglary
Murder
Serial Killers
Molesters
Racism (not only to blacks)

Ofcourse, Americans/Britons are in a utopia.

I know most Nigerians are used to the killings already, but channel ur energy into stopping the killings in ur country instead of telling how it's the same in other countries. You are dealing with 6 terror groups in one damn country!
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by iod69779: 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

It is not news that there is insecurity as well as political and economic instability in Nigeria.

The person is not asking whether Nigeria is heaven they can come to. If America is so safe, why are they considering coming to Africa?

Are you saying there are no robberies, kidnaps, difficulty doing business in other countries, as it is in Nigeria? Albeit in varying levels.

No more comments.

The lack of investigation for issues like these genuinely worries people over here
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by mbaise1000: 11:23am On Jun 15, 2020
frosbel2:

Racism is worse than tribalism. Besides I am not African American, I am Igbo. Just asking these questions based on recent social media trends.

l will maintain that tribalism is worse than racism because evil things dine to you by people you call your own are more painful than those done to you by outsiders. if YOU don't love your own, how will you expect others to love you or them,
anyways what I said is my opinion and doesn't represent the opinions of others but actually you will hear different opinions but I think that experience is the best teacher, good enough you are from this side, how about you come and see for yourself?
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by mbaise1000: 11:26am On Jun 15, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

I know most Nigerians are used to the killings already, but channel ur energy into stopping the killings in ur country instead of telling how it's the same in other countries. You are dealing with 6 terror groups in one damn country!

name them please
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
mbaise1000:

l will maintain that tribalism is worse than racism because evil things dine to you by people you call your own are more painful than those done to you by outsiders. if YOU don't love your own, how will you expect others to love you or them,
anyways what I said is my opinion and doesn't represent the opinions of others but actually you will hear different opinions but I think that experience is the best teacher, good enough you are from this side, how about you come and see for yourself?

I am home every year ( Owerri to be precise ) , and I am based in the UK :-)

My article was more for the benefit of African Americans.
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
TripleOh7:

I empathize with them. But that's not going to stop their discrimination against their African brothers.

I've seen many videos of African Americans treating Africans like shit.

Just go on Twitter and see for yourself.

One lady on a train was even telling a fellow African woman during an argument to get back on the boat that brought her to America and go back to Afrika.

Forgetting that her own ancestors were brought to America in chains.

The day we will open that particular can of worms on Twitter, BlackLivesMatter campaign will look like child's play.

I have not had a bad encounter with them , though I stay in the UK, but my sister who has been in the US ( Maryland ) for over 20 years does not seem to like them or get on with them. I don't know why, it just does not seem to click.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by afesco: 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nobody is safe in Nigeria but only those in Christ Jesus are safe.
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
afesco:
Nobody is safe in Nigeria but only those in Christ Jesus are safe.

You should be a comedian , lol.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
frosbel2:

I have not had a bad encounter with them , though I stay in the UK, but my sister who has been in the US ( Maryland ) for over 20 years does not seem to like them or get on with them. I don't know why, it just does not seem to click.

You wouldn't know since you stay in the UK.

Trust me, there will be attitude clash if they decide to relocate to Africa. Especially West and East Africa.
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by Yankee101: 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abuja only
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by afesco: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
frosbel2:

You should be a comedian , lol.
I am a comedian but I make jokes within my domain
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by omoharry(f): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
frosbel2:
Many African Americans are planning to return and invest in Africa due to the racist fueled murders by both the police and white supremacists in the United States of America. Nigeria does not seem to be a popular destination; the countries of their affection are usually Gambia , Ghana , Senegal , Kenya, etc. But there are a few of them who are willing to take the plunge and test the waters in Nigeria.

I personally think this is a big risk because if there is one country where black lives do not matter, it is Nigeria.

What about you, would you advice African Americans to try out Nigeria initially, for settling down amongst their black brothers and sisters ?
what is this anyway, another avenue to Nigeria?You already know that Nigeria has a lot of issues with human right violation. Couple with corruption ,Terrorism,Kidnapping ,Inter-ethnic/religious violence with a harsh economic terrain for any decent person without very good means of income to survive .Yet you are asking if it is safe for AA to come.

America at present is better place to be in at least the only problem they are complaining about is racism .But here in Nigeria, we are battling worse than that . Nothing seems to be working in this country .The whole system is rotten from top to bottom including its citizens .

AA have started thier struggle and things will get better . I am sure with George Floyed death ,Things will turn around.

So no. Nigeria is not a suitable country for them to come at the moment .Maybe in the future when we have all manage to our our house in order.
For now you guys should check other African countries out.
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by omoharry(f): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
frosbel2:
Many African Americans are planning to return and invest in Africa due to the racist fueled murders by both the police and white supremacists in the United States of America. Nigeria does not seem to be a popular destination; the countries of their affection are usually Gambia , Ghana , Senegal , Kenya, etc. But there are a few of them who are willing to take the plunge and test the waters in Nigeria.

I personally think this is a big risk because if there is one country where black lives do not matter, it is Nigeria.

What about you, would you advice African Americans to try out Nigeria initially, for settling down amongst their black brothers and sisters ?
Why this thread anyway , is this another avenue to bash on Nigeria?

You already know that Nigeria has a lot of issues with human right violations. Couple with corruption ,Terrorism,Kidnapping ,Inter-ethnic/religious violence with a harsh economic terrain for any decent person without very good means of income to survive .Yet you are asking if it is safe for AA to come.

America at present is better place to be in at least the only problem they are complaining about is racism .But here in Nigeria, we are battling worse than that . Nothing seems to be working in this country .The whole system is rotten from top to bottom including its citizens .

AA have started thier struggle and things will get better . I am sure with George Floyed death ,Things will turn around.

So no. Nigeria is not a suitable country for them to come at the moment .Maybe in the future when we have all manage to our our house in order.
Re: Is Nigeria Safe For African Americans To Relocate To by omoharry(f): 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
frosbel2:

frosbel2:

Why this thread anyway , is this another avenue to bash on Nigeria?

You already know that Nigeria has a lot of issues with human right violations. Couple with corruption ,Terrorism,Kidnapping ,Inter-ethnic/religious violence with a harsh economic terrain for any decent person without very good means of income to survive .Yet you are asking if it is safe for AA to come.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Any Historical Or Ancestral Link Between Igbos And Benin People ? / See What Ghana Govt & People Do To Fulani Herdsmen / Breaking: Buhari Approves New Security Measures For South-east, South-south

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.