Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,989 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

2011 Oscar Awards Nominations - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations (6741 Views)

Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. / Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list / Oscar Awards Live-----Inception n The King's Speech leading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by obinna5000(m): 11:30am On Jan 27, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110123/OSCARS/110129995

He called him wonderful too [img]http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1&sid=6cab282a3d9b8a0a0669aeffcd820717[/img]

@Sisi_Kill
Justin Timberlake was not bad in "The Social Network". He tried.
But I never believed he could get a nomination in Golden Globes talk less of Oscars.  cheesy
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by spade: 7:58pm On Jan 27, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Rotflmao!  cheesy cheesy cheesy I swear I'm not lying. . . .

Here's the quote and the link sef

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110123/OSCARS/110129995

He called him wonderful too [img]http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1&sid=6cab282a3d9b8a0a0669aeffcd820717[/img]

grin Well, he did say the brovah had a chance. And come to think of it, Justin Timberlake was pretty decent in The Social Network, hence his comment about his chances.
spikedcylinder:

@ sisikill and spade,

Have you seen The Social Network at all? Justin (to my dismaytongue) was actually quite impressive. I didn't know he could act his arse off like that. Seriously.

Yes - for a guy like him, it was a pleasant surprise. But Oscar hopeful? Oh c'mon. A Teens' choice award, I'd approve - because, come to think of it, his performance wasn't any different from the kind of stuff you'd see Johnny Leguizamo do.
The guy tried. . . Just 'tried.'
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by vescucci(m): 10:34am On Jan 28, 2011
I've not seen Social Network yet but this JT angst is cuz of some singer-actor transition complex. A belief you can't be very good at the two or even if you'd be not as more or less your first try at another. I kinda hate Jamie Foxx but I admit he's pretty good at times. I'm sure Justin wouldn't have been put down if he were someone else especially an unknown rookie maybe like Natalie Portman in The Professional or this True Blood chic is the Pianist. Cut him some slack jare. He's bringing acting back.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by bbecham: 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2011
the best motion picture will go to Inception or the social network. none of the rest have chances to win. and in animation the winner is toy story 3 definitely.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by kadman(m): 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2011
Regarding the Nicole Kidman insults. Well, I won't say much. .  if it was any of the other artists I liked I would have taken the bait. But I don't need to with Nicole - her Oscar, 4 Golden Globes, 3 Oscar Nominations, $1 Billion worth of movies and Oscar she will win in a month time speak for her. So I will not bother.

Most people talking smack do not even watch the movies she's been highly acclaimed in, she's been one of the most consistent actresses over the years and is the "Actress Of This Generation" as far as I'm concerned.

Peace out. . . NOT

Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by obinna5000(m): 12:05am On Jan 29, 2011
@kadman
You and your Nicole Kidman obsession. cheesy

Nicole Kidman is a good actress no doubt. I still remember her award winning role in the movie THE HOURS.
Her chances of winning the Best Actress category in this year's Oscars may be slim, but dat does not mean she's wack.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by kadman(m): 12:08am On Jan 29, 2011
obinna5000:

@kadman
You and your Nicole Kidman obsession. cheesy

Nicole Kidman is a good actress no doubt. I still remember her role in the movie THE HOURS.
Her chances of winning the Best Actress category in this year's Oscars may be slim, but dat does not mean she's wack.

Other's said she's wack, which is what I'm on about.
I've found out with the Oscars, until Awards are actually handed out there's a 20% chance for everyone. . equally. I'll put my money on that 20%. wink
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by iice(f): 10:39am On Jan 29, 2011
Looool. 

Abeg How to train your dragon for best animation jare.  But i know Toy Story will get it.  No be the usual?

And JT was mediocre jare.  We know he can act, his appearances on SNL can attest to that but oscar material? He has a long way to go.  I'm crossing my fingers for Natalie Portman.  From her first appearance on The professional, she was smashing! And she has yet to really disappoint me, acting wise.

Colin Firth for best actor.

I wouldn't mind Geoffrey Rush for best supporting actor.  Dude is just awesome.  But i think this is not his strongest performance.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by MadMax1(f): 2:07pm On Jan 29, 2011
Portman was terrible in the Star Wars movies. I adore her but she almost ruined my eyesight there. Haven't seen any of the lead performances but hope the oscar goes to Annette Benning. Portman, second. Best actor, Firth or Jesse Einsenberg.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by obinna5000(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2011
@Mad_Max
Natalie Portman was good in movies like "Closer" (2004) and "Black Swan" (2010). She's a strong contender for the grand prize of Best Actress. Annette Bening was also good in "The Kids Are All Right". She's also a strong contender.

@Kadman
Nicole Kidman fan. wink
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by kadman(m): 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2011
obinna5000:

@Mad_Max
Natalie Portman was good in movies like "Closer" (2004) and "Black Swan" (2010). She's a strong contender for the grand prize of Best Actress. Annette Bening was also good in "The Kids Are All Right". She's also a strong contender.

Yeah she was wonderful in closer. Apart from Black Swan I think that's the only movie I've liked her in.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by MadMax1(f): 9:15am On Jan 30, 2011
Portman is a superb actress. I simply love her and will watch anything she's in. Even if she just stares at a wall, she's never boring. You might check out her debut in Leon The Professional, at just 12. She was the only thing worth watching in V is for Vendetta, and her usual amazing self in Garden State. Knowing her to be extremely gifted is why her turn in Star Wars was disappointing. It just wasn't her material. I'm glad she's back in her element.

I love Nicole but she's really annoying when she plays the coquette. The coy smiles, the squeaky breathless voice; I can't stand it. I couldn't finish Bewitched or that awful Stepford Wives remake. But when she goes for what she does best, displaying her dark side, she's breathtaking. I can never get enough of Dogville, The Hours or the genius insanity of Moulin Rouge. Never enough.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by chika98: 3:04am On Jan 31, 2011
Kadman: You're taking things a little too personal. We're saying that she's wack look wise. Truth be told she wasn't all robo-loooking a few years ago and that's what I am on about.
she's a wonderful actress no doubt. No one is denying that but she isn't That natural looking anymore.
Also her chances of nicking an Oscar this year is slim. Very much so.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by iice(f): 4:18am On Jan 31, 2011
Kadman is Kidman's biggest fan. It's understandable if he defends her.
He knows where she stands with me tongue The most boring actress ever! grin

And Tom Hooper wins the DGA for Best Director. This is the most accurate award that predicts the Oscars. So sorry Fincher but Yes, yes! to Tom Hooper cheesy
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by mykali(m): 8:58am On Jan 31, 2011
I'm only concerned about Inception winning best Picture. . . .that movie was breathtaking
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by justkunmi(m): 10:39am On Jan 31, 2011
if inception doesnt win anything. . then it would be stamped and verified that the Oscars is crap. .
like i've always known.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by spikedcylinder: 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2011
kadman:

Regarding the Nicole Kidman insults. Well, I won't say much. .  if it was any of the other artists I liked I would have taken the bait. But I don't need to with Nicole - her Oscar, 4 Golden Globes, 3 Oscar Nominations, $1 Billion worth of movies and Oscar she will win in a month time speak for her. So I will not bother.

Most people talking smack do not even watch the movies she's been highly acclaimed in, she's been one of the most consistent actresses over the years and is the "Actress Of This Generation" as far as I'm concerned.

Peace out. . . NOT

Sharaaaaaaaap!

[size=1pt]This boy will break my head today[/size]. grin grin grin grin
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by larablog: 1:00am On Feb 01, 2011
Natalie Portman was spectacular in black swan and she deserves the oscar.
Besides this is going to be her first and I pray she wins. I keep rewatching black swan just to see her in action.
Nicole kidman is my all time favorite actress but natalie portman would probably win and it will be justified.
Nicole was wonderful in rabbit hole but the movie was just too sad for my taste, but her performance deserves recognition.
As for the kids are alright fell asleep during the movie so I wouldn't be rooting for Anette benning.
But as the golden globes and Sag awards have show, natalie portman would probably win the award, her performanve gave me shivers.
But the oscars have always be unpredictable.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by kadman(m): 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2011
larablog:

Natalie Portman was spectacular in black swan and she deserves the oscar.
Besides this is going to be her first and I pray she wins. I keep rewatching black swan just to see her in action.
Nicole kidman is my all time favorite actress but natalie portman would probably win and it will be justified.
Nicole was wonderful in rabbit hole but the movie was just too sad for my taste, but her performance deserves recognition.
As for the kids are alright fell asleep during the movie so I wouldn't be rooting for Anette benning.
But as the golden globes and Sag awards have show, natalie portman would probably win the award, her performanve gave me shivers.
But the oscars have always be unpredictable.

I am in love with you ! No joke

Where have you been all my 2 years on this damn site !!!

I loved Black Swan, I've seen it 3 times. And I love Natalie's performance, but I think in most of the movie she was just Natalie. Her performance shined in brief periods when the black swan possessed her. But Nicole held Rabbit Hole throughout. As you said it was a sad movie, but that itself is the beauty of her performance because despite it being sad she was beautiful to watch. All Nicole's performance are exceptional (except Bewitched), but this movie is her best act so far and her not getting any recognition for it kills me.

Yes, this might be the only time I'm banking on the Oscars being unpredictable.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by obinna5000(m): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2011
@kadman
You and your obsession with Nicole Kidman.

Nicole Kidman chances of winning best actress are slim at this year's Oscars.
I hope you know she won an Oscar for her role as Virginia Wolf in THE HOURS.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by kadman(m): 10:36pm On Feb 01, 2011

Kadman, I see haters everywhere. . .
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by vescucci(m): 11:56pm On Feb 01, 2011
Nicole Kadman, whaddup?
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by kadman(m): 12:09am On Feb 02, 2011
vescucci:

Nicole Kadman, whaddup?

Lol, I didn't even notice that quickly.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by spikedcylinder: 11:22am On Feb 02, 2011
Ok. Nicole Kadman (you evil vesc grin grin grin grin) is the BEST thing since sliced bread.
Kadman, can I have your love back? kiss kiss kiss grin
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by chika98: 11:28am On Feb 02, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Ok. Nicole Kadman (you evil vesc grin grin grin grin) is the BEST thing since sliced bread.

I wondered why you were requesting for his love back till I peeped his profile
Ah now I see it. Easy on the eyes. Only 24 though? cool
*runs away*
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by spikedcylinder: 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2011
chika98:

*runs away*

Ah, noooo o. Kadman is my suga pom pom padi for jungle. grin grin grin
Abi, O? wink grin kiss
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by kadman(m): 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Hmm so you sef know I've been vexing for you ! But apology accepted, my padi for jungle I don miss you o kiss

chika98:

*runs away*

Ha Ha , 25 soon o grin grin grin
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by obinna5000(m): 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
Kadman = Nicole Kidman fan. cheesy wink

I saw "The Fighter" recently and I have to say it was quite good. Christian Bale gave a magnificent performance as Dicky Eklund.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by chika98: 7:45am On Feb 03, 2011
kadman:

Hmm so you sef know I've been vexing for you ! But apology accepted, my padi for jungle I don miss you o kiss

Ha Ha , 25 soon o grin grin grin

Aww still a youngin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download 13 (thirteen) – Nigerian Movies 2017 / I’m Alive – Actor Odunlade Adekola Debunks Death Rumour / Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.