Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list (6358 Views)

Full List Of Winners At #AMVCA2016 / The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / Oscar Awards Live-----Inception n The King's Speech leading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by Ttola(m): 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2012
A list of the nominees for the Oscars, announced Tuesday
Best picture:War Horse; The Artist; Moneyball; The Descendants; The Tree of Life; Midnight in Paris; The Help; Hugo; Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Actor: Demián Bichir, A Better Life; George Clooney, The Descendants; Jean Dujardin, The Artist; Gary Old man, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Brad Pitt, Moneyball

Actress: Glenn Close, Albert Nobbs; Viola Davis, The Help; Rooney Mara, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo; Meryl Streep, The Iron Lady; Michelle Williams, My Week With Marilyn

Supporting actor:[/b]Kenneth Branagh, My Week With Marilyn; Jonah Hill, Moneyball; Nick Nolte, Warrior; Christopher Plummer, Beginners; Max Von Sydow, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

[b]Supporting actress:
Bérénice Bejo, The Artist; Jessica Chastain, The Help; Melissa McCarthy, Bridesmaids; Janet McTeer, Albert Nobbs; Octavia Spencer, The Help

Director: Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist; Alexander Payne, The Descendants; Martin Scorsese, Hugo; Woody Allen, Midnight in Paris; Terrence Malick, The Tree of Life

Original screenplay:[/b]The Artist (Michel Hazanavicius); Bridesmaids (Annie Mumolo & Kristen Wiig); Margin Call (J.C. Chandor); Midnight in Paris (Woody Allen); A Separation (Asghar Farhadi)

[b]Adapted screenplay:[/b]The Descendants (Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon; Jim Rash); Hugo (John Logan); The Ides of March (George Clooney,; Grant Heslov, Beau Willimon); Moneyball (Steven Zaillian and Aaron Sorkin; story by Stan Chervin); Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (Bridget O’Connor, Peter Straughan)

[b]Animated film
:A Cat in Paris; Chico & Rita; Kung Fu Panda 2; Puss in Boots; Rango

Original song:[/b]Man or Muppet from The Muppets (music and lyrics by Bret McKenzie); Real in Rio from Rio (music by Sergio Mendes and Carlinhos Brown; lyrics by Siedah Garrett

[b]Original score:[/b]The Adventures of Tintin (John Williams); The Artist (Ludovic Bource); Hugo (Howard Shore); Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (Alberto Iglesias); War Horse (John Williams)

[b]Documentary;
feature:Hell and Back; If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front; Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory; Pina; Undefeated

Foreign-language film:Bullhead (Belgium); Footnote (Israel); In Darkness (Poland); Monsieur Lazhar (Canada); A Separation (Iran)

Cinematography: Guillaume Schiffman, The Artist; Jeff Cronenweth, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo; Robert Richardson, Hugo; Emmanuel Lubezki, The Tree of Life; Janusz Kaminski, War Horse

Film editing:[/b]The Artist (Anne-Sophie Bion and Michel Hazanavicius); The Descendants (Kevin Tent); The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Kirk Baxter and Angus Well); Hugo (Thelma Schoonmaker); Moneyball (Christopher Tellefsen)

[b]Documentary, short:[/b]The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement; God Is the Bigger Elvis; Incident in New Baghdad; Saving Face; The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom

[b]Animated short
:Dimanche/Sunday; The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore; La Luna; A Morning Stroll; Wild Life

Short film, live action:Pentecost; Raju; The Shore; Time Freak; Tuba Atlantic

Sound editing:Drive (Lon Bender, Victor Ray Ennis); The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Ren Klyce); Hugo (Philip Stockton, Eugene Gearty); Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Ethan Van der Ryn, Erik Aadahl); War Horse (Richard Hymns, Gary Rydstrom)

Sound mixing:The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (David Parker, Michael Semanick, Ren Klyce and Bo Persson); Hugo (Tom Fleischman, John Midgley); Moneyball (Deb Adair, Ron Bochar, Dave Giammarco, Ed Novick); Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Greg P. Russell, Gary Summers, Jeffrey J. Haboush, Peter J. Devlin); War Horse Gary Rydstrom, Andy Nelson, Tom Johnson and Stuart Wilson

Visual effects:Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 (Tim Burke, David Vickery, Greg Butler, John Richardson); Hugo (Rob Legato, Joss Williams, Ben Grossman, Alex Henning); Real Steel (Erik Nash, John Rosengrant, Dan Taylor, Swen Gillberg); Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Joe Letteri, Dan Lemmon, R. Christopher White, Daniel Barrett); Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Scott Farrar, Scott Benza, Matthew Butler, John Frazier)

Costume design:Anonymous (Lisy Christl); The Artist (Mark Bridges); Hugo (Sandy Powell); Jane Eyre (Michael O’Connor); W.E. (Arianne Phillips)

Art direction:The Artist (production design: Laurence Bennett; set decoration: Robert Gould); Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 (production design: Stuart Craig; set decoration: Stephenie McMillan); Hugo (production design: Dante Ferretti; set decoration: Francesca Lo Schiavo); Midnight in Paris (production design: Anne Seibel; set decoration: Hélène Dubreuil); War Horse (production design: Rick Carter; set decoration: Lee Sandales)

[b]Makeup:[/b]Albert Nobbs (Martial Corneville, Lynn Johnston, Matthew W. Mungle); Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 (Nick Dudman, Amanda Knight, Lisa Tomblin); The Iron Lady (Mark Coulier, J. Roy Helland)

source: http://shoutonpaper.com/featured/oscar-nominees-2012-full-list
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by kizito96(m): 4:12pm On Jan 25, 2012
Good Choices
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 4:35pm On Jan 25, 2012
- "Hugo" and "The Artist" has the highest number of nominations.

"Hugo" - 11 nominations

"The Artist" - 10 nominations

- Gary Oldman finally gets his first Oscar nomination

- I'm predicting "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2" or "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" to win the Best VFX category
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by Koolking(m): 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ttola:

A list of the nominees for the Oscars, announced Tuesday
Best picture:War Horse; The Artist; Moneyball; The Descendants; The Tree of Life; Midnight in Paris; The Help; Hugo; Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Where am I? how come I have not watched any of the above movies? I expected to see Channing Tantum on the list of nominees for best actors. He is great actor.

Any way, those nominated are deserving.
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2012
I am banking on Rango for best animation. If not it goes to Hugo - I still prefer Rango to Hugo though!

*Corrigendum:Not Hugo but mean to say Puss In Boots
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by ugosly(m): 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2012
Kungfu Panda it is 4me!
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by Next2Bezee(m): 10:53pm On Jan 25, 2012
Harry Potter for the win!!! grin
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by iice(f): 3:32am On Jan 26, 2012
It's surprising Obinna no? That it's Oldman's first nomination when he's such a consummate actor. One of those with the talent for accents.

Loooool @ Channing Tatum for an oscar nod.

Errhhh how does Hugo win for best animation? undecided

Caro, this place is getting scary lipsrsealed
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2012
iice:

It's surprising Obinna no? That it's Oldman's first nomination when he's such a consummate actor. One of those with the talent for accents.

@iice
I'm glad he finally got nominated for an Oscar after so many years in the movie industry. He's a talented actor no doubt.
But as for winning the Best Actor category this year, it's a tough one. Let's just wait and see.
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by vescucci(m): 10:54am On Jan 27, 2012
Lol. Really scary, cara
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 10:58am On Jan 31, 2012
THE ARTIST (2011)

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK7pfLlsUQM[/flash]

Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 11:41am On Jan 31, 2012
THE DESCENDANTS (2011)

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWHNXJ1K4yA[/flash]

Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 11:44am On Jan 31, 2012
HUGO (2011)

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR-kP-olcpM[/flash]

Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 12:54pm On Jan 31, 2012
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS (2011)

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atLg2wQQxvU[/flash]

Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2012
THE HELP (2011)

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVTMkINRChk[/flash]

Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 4:24pm On Jan 31, 2012
EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE (2011)

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_quK9SEGYE[/flash]

Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2012
THE TREE OF LIFE (2011)

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXRYA1dxP_0[/flash]

Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by kunlefox(m): 12:47am On Feb 02, 2012
okay, gotta say i've seen 90percent of the flicks and gotta say some names here don't deserve it while some actors were snubbed,
Octavia spencer and jessica chastain deserve the nods they got for their role in "the help", rooney mara for TGWTDT was okay buh i think charlize theron should have gotten her spot for her role in "young adults", melissa mccarthy is the only cast from "bridesmaids" that deserve an oscar nod,seriously kristen wiig performance was just okay not oscar worthy pls, i agree michelle williams did a great job in "my week with marilyn" even tho that movie kinda boring her acting was the only positive i can take from it, i guess the best actress will go to octavia spencer,even any of "the help" actress will win it,i knew the actings scream oscar the moment i saw it.
For the best actor, i got a hunch george or gary oldman will take this, i'm still suprised michael fassbender was ignored for his role in "shame", dat film was sex hot, and btw the user who said he's disappointed channing tatum ain't among the nominations gotta be kidding me,like seriously channing tatum?,dat dude can't even act to save his life, he might be fine and all but a good actor he's not
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by taioluv: 8:13am On Feb 02, 2012
@kunle fox, Ýöû registered on NL today and ur 1 post was on oscar nominess,☺ Ýöû like movies n also a movie critic,
@ topic I have lost touch wt recent movies, I haven't even watch d ones Ƒõȑ dis oscar 2012,I need to get back on d game☺
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 9:10am On Feb 02, 2012
kunle fox:

okay, gotta say i've seen 90percent of the flicks and gotta say some names here don't deserve it while some actors were snubbed,
Octavia spencer and jessica chastain deserve the nods they got for their role in "the help", rooney mara for TGWTDT was okay buh i think charlize theron should have gotten her spot for her role in "young adults", melissa mccarthy is the only cast from "bridesmaids" that deserve an oscar nod,seriously kristen wiig performance was just okay not oscar worthy pls, i agree michelle williams did a great job in "my week with marilyn" even tho that movie kinda boring her acting was the only positive i can take from it, i guess the best actress will go to octavia spencer,even any of "the help" actress will win it,i knew the actings scream oscar the moment i saw it.
For the best actor, i got a hunch george or gary oldman will take this, i'm still suprised michael fassbender was ignored for his role in "shame", dat film was sex hot, and btw the user who said he's disappointed channing tatum ain't among the nominations gotta be kidding me,like seriously channing tatum?,dat dude can't even act to save his life, he might be fine and all but a good actor he's not   

@kunle fox
Nice one Mr. Fox.

I loved Melissa McCarthy in "Bridesmaids" as well.
Michael Fassbender's oscar snub was quite shocking.
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 9:14am On Feb 02, 2012
WAR HORSE (2011)

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhueHIXbTF4[/flash]

Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 9:23am On Feb 02, 2012
MONEYBALL (2011)

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiAHlZVgXjk[/flash]

Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by kunlefox(m): 10:42am On Feb 02, 2012
@taio luv, yeai signed up for this thing yday and gotta say i've been following for some time now buh then i find a lot of post annoying so i just chilled, and yeah i'm a movie fanatic,only quality ones tho,
@obinna, nice work, good to know some people watch and go see good movies too, tho i'm sure r-rated movies like shame won't be shown in 9ja cinemas, lol
don't know when i'll post here again maybe till an interesting topic coz with due respect some of our 9ja folks can be as annoying as shit
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by obinna5000(m): 10:04am On Feb 27, 2012
84TH ACADEMY AWARDS WINNERS LIST:

1. Best Picture: "The Artist."

2. Actor: Jean Dujardin, "The Artist."

3. Actress: Meryl Streep, "The Iron Lady."

4. Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, "Beginners."

5. Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, "The Help."

6. Directing: Michel Hazanavicius, "The Artist."

7. Foreign Language Film: "A Separation," Iran.

8. Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, "The Descendants."

9. Original Screenplay: Woody Allen, "Midnight in Paris."

10. Animated Feature Film: "Rango."

11. Art Direction: "Hugo."

12. Cinematography: "Hugo."

13. Sound Mixing: "Hugo."

14. Sound Editing: "Hugo."

15. Original Score: "The Artist."

16. Original Song: "Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets."

17. Costume Design: "The Artist."

18. Documentary Feature: "Undefeated."

19. Documentary Short: "Saving Face."

20. Film Editing: "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."

21. Makeup: "The Iron Lady."

22. Animated Short Film: "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore."

23. Live Action Short Film: "The Shore."

24. Visual Effects: "Hugo."
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by vescucci(m): 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2012
My word, Nairaland movie section has seen better days. The Oscars and no one is talking? Even the ones who dunno what they're talking about most of the time are not talking? Ojigbijigbi  sad

As for the list Obinna posted:

1. Best Picture: "The Artist." 
The Artist was a great movie and deserves the Oscar but PERSONALLY, The Tree of Life was the superior film

2. Actor: Jean Dujardin, "The Artist."
Great performance. I personally thought his co-star was worth an Oscar win too. Casting was on point in this movie. Sorry Gary oldman. Next time

3. Actress: Meryl Streep, "The Iron Lady."
At freaking last! I'm happy Viola Davis didn't win jare.

4. Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, "Beginners."
I have not seen this film and I'm not enamoured by the other nominees so it's just as well

5. Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, "The Help."
Don't mean to be a hater. Next thing you know, I'm a massa worshipping nitwit suffering from inferiority complex but I'd have given the girl in The Artist. This is another 'dash them so they don't start a riot' win

6. Directing: Michel Hazanavicius, "The Artist."
Another very personal opinion, but Terrence Malick for The Tree of Life is my take though Mr. Hazanavicius doesn't make this an easy choice

7. Foreign Language Film: "A Separation," Iran.
Hell yeah! No points for anyone who predicted this!

8. Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, "The Descendants."
I'm not familiar with any of the stories before so I can't say anything here

9. Original Screenplay: Woody Allen, "Midnight in Paris."
I can't choose a winner but I don't think it shoulda been Woody's oscar

10. Animated Feature Film: "Rango."
Lol. No contest. That is all

11. Art Direction: "Hugo."
No opinion

12. Cinematography: "Hugo."         
A tie with The Tree of Life and War Horse IMO.

13. Sound Mixing: "Hugo." 
No opinion

14. Sound Editing: "Hugo."   
No opinion

15. Original Score: "The Artist." 
No outstanding score this year

16. Original Song: "Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets."
Haven't seen this film

17. Costume Design: "The Artist."
I suppose this is a correct win

18. Documentary Feature: "Undefeated."
Ahem

19. Documentary Short: "Saving Face."
Ahem

20. Film Editing: "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."
Seen the Swedish film. I hear this is inferior and I dunno why it got so many nominations

21. Makeup: "The Iron Lady."
No contest!

22. Animated Short Film: "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore."
I may try to find this

23. Live Action Short Film: "The Shore."
Ahem

24. Visual Effects: "Hugo." 
I am pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a travesty win by Transformers
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by mystikal(m): 7:49am On Mar 02, 2012
Meryl's win and acceptance speech was my highlight of the night
Re: Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list by kunlefox(m): 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
yeah Meryls' win as expected was cream of the crop for me after Octavias' win which i think she deserved, tho despite the buzz bout The Artist, it's a shame i'ven't seen it

(1) (Reply)

Sites To Download Latest Nollywood Movies / Who's The Best Candidate For Kratos In A God Of War Movie? / X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.