Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Do All Good People Go To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do All Good People Go To Heaven? (1488 Views)

Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2020
It is believed by many Christians that all good people go to heaven,but what does the bible really say?
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by bigiyaro(m): 9:54am On Jun 14, 2020
Andy15:
It is believed by many Christians that all good people go to heaven,but what does the bible really say?
depends on your definition of "good" but, its only those that have Jesus Christ as their personal lord and saviour that will go to heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2020
bigiyaro:
depends on your definition of "good" but, its only those that have Jesus Christ as their personal lord and saviour that will go to heaven.
But Rev14:1,3 tells us that only 144000 who have been bought from the earth will go to heaven to rule with Jesus christ
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Daejoyoung: 11:59am On Jun 14, 2020
Heaven is going to be here on earth. To inherit heaven, you have to be a son of God. Accept jesus as lord by faith and then keep his commandments. The major thing is to keep the commandments of christ.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
Daejoyoung:
Heaven is going to be here on earth. To inherit heaven, you have to be a son of God. Accept jesus as lord by faith and then keep his commandments. The major thing is to keep the commandments of christ.
But flesh and blood can't enter heaven so are you implying that we will become spirits?
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Andy15:

But flesh and blood can't enter heaven so are you implying that we will become spirits?

We are all spiritual beings having a human experience.. Or walking a human path..
At the end of the day, everything dissolves to its earliest form..
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
God made heaven and creatures there {Genesis 1:1 compare Proverbs 8:27} he also made the earth and creatures on it. Psalms 115:16
Heavenly creatures will live there and earthly creatures will live on earth permanently!
It's the issue of sovereignty that changed the whole arrangement so now some amongst humans will be chosen to go and rule over the earth from heaven. Revelations 20:6
The 144,000 will be transformed into spirit beings and there in heaven they will live forever with Jesus, but billions will live on earth as planned from the beginning! Revelations 14:1,6

What most people don't know about heavenly life is the fact that there is nothing like marriage or having children which most of them cherish so much there {Luke 20:35-36} it's only those who will live on earth that can plan to marry or have children! Isaiah 65:21-23

God bless you!
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by kingxsamz(m): 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Well, according to the Christian god, if a good person tells a little lie and rapture comes, he'll be thrown into everlasting hell, but if a rapist and a terrorist should give his life to christ, this god would reserve a special place for them in his kingdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:50am On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

Are your hands broken or your eyes blind that you are unable to read the book for your own self? undecided undecided
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:27am On Jun 15, 2020
When you overcome this world (or if you overcome) you would surely know the correct answer for yourself and would see the Truth for yourself.

It is not profitable to speculate on things that can be changed from moment to moment without no notice you.

No one on earth is in control of these things and therefore can accurately give you the Truthful Answer.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 10:47am On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Are your hands broken or your eyes blind that you are unable to read the book for your own self? undecided undecided
You know,you don't have to be so mean. If you don't have anything to contribute just ignore the post SIMPLE.
I created the topic to discuss with anybody who is interested.

1 Like

Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 10:58am On Jun 15, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
When you overcome this world (or if you overcome) you would surely know the correct answer for yourself and would see the Truth for yourself.

It is not profitable to speculate on things that can be changed from moment to moment without no notice you.

No one on earth is in control of these things and therefore can accurately give you the Truthful Answer.

True, but I'm sure the bible can give us some insight for example,consider psalm37:29 it tells us that the righteous will possess the earth and they will live forever on it
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 11:09am On Jun 15, 2020
kingxsamz:
Well, according to the Christian god, if a good person tells a little lie and rapture comes, he'll be thrown into everlasting hell, but if a rapist and a terrorist should give his life to christ, this god would reserve a special place for them in his kingdom.
Well let me tell you that I personally don't believe in the teaching of hellfire,however I will still tell you that a little lie is still considered a lie and God will never accept it no matter what on the other hand a very bad person who sincerely repent and turns away from wrong doing will be forgiven and have the prospect of living forever on a paradise earth
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 11:10am On Jun 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

We are all spiritual beings having a human experience.. Or walking a human path..
At the end of the day, everything dissolves to its earliest form..
So are you saying that we were spirits before we were born?
because what I have read in the bible is that we were made from dust and to dust we will return when we die
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2020
bigiyaro:
what about the people mentioned at psalm 37:29 who are said to live forever on the earth
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by kingxsamz(m): 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

Well let me tell you that I personally don't believe in the teaching of hellfire,however I will still tell you that a little lie is still considered a lie and God will never accept it no matter what on the other hand a very bad person who sincerely repent and turns away from wrong doing will be forgiven and have the prospect of living forever on a paradise earth

And if one doesn't repent?
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

And if one doesn't repent?
Read Romans 6:23
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

You know,you don't have to be so mean. If you don't have anything to contribute just ignore the post SIMPLE.
I created the topic to discuss with anybody who is interested.
Discuss? What knowledge did you bring to the "discussion"? undecided
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Discuss? What knowledge did you bring to the "discussion"? undecided
you clearly did not bring any either
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
So are you saying that we were spirits before we were born?
because what I have read in the bible is that we were made from dust and to dust we will return when we die

Man is made up of two components.. Body and spirit.. The spirit animates the body... The body returns to dust at death and the spirit returns to God who gave it... Ecclessiatics 12 :7 and psalm 104:29-31
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

Man is made up of two components.. Body and spirit.. The spirit animates the body... The body returns to dust at death and the spirit returns to God who gave it... Ecclessiatics 12 :7 and psalm 104:29-31
I hope you know that the spirit you're referring to is just our life force so it is not really us (what I mean is that it doesn't include our personality,memories,behaviours and so on)
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
bigiyaro:
And should I remind you that people like David did not go to heaven
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

I hope you know that the spirit you're referring to is just our life force so it is not really us (what I mean is that it doesn't include our personality,memories,behaviours and so on)

The Bible use spirit.. I don't know what is life force.. "send forth your spirit and they are created, take it and they die" psalm 104.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

Life is a circle.. Not a straight line. Birth brings you from the spiritual realm to the physical and death takes you from the physical back to the spiritual realm... And it continues till your spirit attains perfection.. And it becomes like God..
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

The Bible use spirit.. I don't know what is life force.. "send forth your spirit and they are created, take it and they die" psalm 104.
Ok let me ask you,that spirit that goes out of our body when we die what is it?
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

Man is made of body, spirit and soul, where the spirit is the extension of God's life into us.
I The Spirit, along with the soul returns to God in the end, for all souls belong to Him.

1 Like

Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by DappaD: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

The spirit at Ecclesiastes 12:7 represents a life-force, it is impersonal. At death, a person's thoughts perishes, i.e. the person ceases to exist(Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10)

So speaking about man’s death, Ecclesiastes 12:7 states: “The dust [of his body] returns to the earth, just as it was, and the spirit returns to the true God who gave it.” When the spirit, or life-force, leaves the body, the body dies and returns to where it came from​—the earth.

Remember when God created the first man Adam, He[Jehovah God] “went on to form man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life and the man became a living person”(Genesis 2:7) The breath of life is an abstract term since it has no personality. And notice when Adam and Eve sinned, God said they would “...return to the ground,for out of it [they] were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19)
Did God tell them that they would keep living somewhere else as spirits? Or that they would become spirit beings in heaven? NO
He said “to dust [they] will return” and it would be like they never existed.

So coming back to Ecclesiastes 12:7, the life-force returns to where it came from​—God. (Job 34:14, 15; Psalm 36:9) This does not mean that the life-force actually travels to heaven. Rather, it means that for someone who dies, any hope of future life rests with Jehovah God. His life is in God’s hands, so to speak. Only by God’s power can the spirit, or life-force, be given back so that a person may live again.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Good + Christ = heaven
Good - Christ = lake of fire.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by DappaD: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

Life is a circle.. Not a straight line. Birth brings you from the spiritual realm to the physical and death takes you from the physical back to the spiritual realm... And it continues till your spirit attains perfection.. And it becomes like God..
Can you back up all you have said from the Bible?
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by DappaD: 6:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
DappaD:

The spirit at Ecclesiastes 12:7 represents a life-force, it is impersonal. At death, a person's thoughts perishes, i.e. the person ceases to exist(Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10)

So speaking about man’s death, Ecclesiastes 12:7 states: “The dust [of his body] returns to the earth, just as it was, and the spirit returns to the true God who gave it.” When the spirit, or life-force, leaves the body, the body dies and returns to where it came from​—the earth.

Remember when God created the first man Adam, He[Jehovah God] “went on to form man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life and the man became a living person”(Genesis 2:7) The breath of life is an abstract term since it has no personality. And notice when Adam and Eve sinned, God said they would “...return to the ground,for out of it [they] were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19)
Did God tell them that they would keep living somewhere else as spirits? Or that they would become spirit beings in heaven? NO
He said “to dust [they] will return” and it would be like they never existed.

So coming back to Ecclesiastes 12:7, the life-force returns to where it came from​—God. (Job 34:14, 15; Psalm 36:9) This does not mean that the life-force actually travels to heaven. Rather, it means that for someone who dies, any hope of future life rests with Jehovah God. His life is in God’s hands, so to speak. Only by God’s power can the spirit, or life-force, be given back so that a person may live again.
I'll use an illustration to explain this better.

Let's say there's a man working in NEPA office and he has the power to supply electricity to your home. There there's heavy rainfall or a storm which interrupts the supply of electricity (something not caused by the NEPA man). It is only that man who has the power to still restore electricity to your home! In a sense, you've entrusted the restoration of the electricity in his hands!

The same thing with God.

God created man and gave him the breath of life or spirit, that breath does not have a personality(just like the electricity I mentioned earlier, it's an abstract term) (Genesis 2:7)

When an interruption occurs(as in this case of the NEPA man, a storm occurs), i.e. death of a person, only God has the power to fix the issue and restore that spirit(or breath of life) into a person who has died. (Isaiah 25:8, 26:19, Hosea 13:14, John 5:28,29 , Acts 24:15)

At Luke 23:46 we read “And Jesus called out with a loud voice and said ‘Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit’.When he had said this, he expired.” but did that mean he was going to heaven immediately he died? No, rather he died and entrusted his spirit into the hands of God, since he believed it was only Him who could resurrect him and then he died, remained in the grave and was resurrected on the third day as a spirit person(Mark 9:31, 1Corinthians 15:4) and it wasn't until 40days later that he returned to heaven as a spirit person. (Acts 1:3, Luke 24:50-53)
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by Andy15(m): 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Eulalia:
Good + Christ = heaven Good - Christ = lake of fire.
aren't you missing something please read john 17:3
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven? by bigiyaro(m): 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

how did you mean? pls confuse the old testament with the new cos the redemption story changed with the coming of Jesus Christ in the new testament.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Real Child Of God Be Broke? / Are Humans Spirit? / Video Of 9ice Performing In A Church!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.