Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development (11806 Views)

LASG Seals Quilox, Warns Sol, The Good And Landmark Beaches Over Safety Infracti / LASG Seals Illegal Container Terminal In Ibeshe, Ikorodu / LASG Seals Chinese Firm, Declares Zero Tolerance For Safety Measures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by etokhana: 9:52am On Jun 14, 2020
LASG Decries High Rate of Illegal Development

… Seals 22 Buildings For Lack Of Building Permits, Conformity Issues

Alarmed at the rate of unapproved and illegal development going on in Ikoyi and Banana Island, the Lagos State Government has asked property owners in those areas to come forth with the planning permits granted for their building construction and also evidence of stage certification obtained from the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) or have their buildings sealed.

The Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Dr. Idris Salako, gave the directive on Saturday during the continuation of the Special Enforcement Operations led by the officials of the Ministry in Ikoyi and environs.

According to him "The rate at which developers in these elite areas flout the State’s planning laws by going ahead to erect buildings without the necessary permits is disturbing. The untoward act that is inimical to the sustainable development of our environment must be curtailed in the interest of all".

He said that property owners in Ikoyi and Banana Island must produce, on-demand, their planning permits and evidence of stage certification or risk their property being sealed up in furtherance of the State policy of ‘Zero Tolerance’ for illegal developments.

While maintaining that the government intends to extend the exercise to other parts of the State, Salako declared that the present administration is determined to guard the operative development plans and curb illegal physical developments in Lagos.

He expressed dismay at the high rate of infractions discovered along the axis since the beginning of the Special Enforcement Operation midweek, saying that “During the enforcement on Saturday alone, 22 buildings were sealed for lack of building permits and conformity issues. Of this total, 16 were sealed on Banana Island while six were sealed at Adeyemi Lawson, Mcpherson and surrounding streets in Ikoyi”.

Salako urged those whose property was sealed due to these infractions to report to the Office of the Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja to perfect their documents.

Recall that the Special Enforcement Operation is a joint exercise by the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority (LASPPPA), Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) and the Special Operations Team in the Governor's Office to sanitise the built environment in Lagos State.

#LASG
#ForAGreaterLagos

https://www.facebook.com/492378324116772/posts/3219752328046011/

1 Like

Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2020
This issue of illegal buildings in urban areas is getting much, in my area the taskforce waited untill the building was finished before marking it out for demolition,
it sheer incompetence on the part of the taskforce responsible.
They should engage whistle blowers to report any illegal building sites...Its simple but i trust our politicians to overrate even the least of issues.

15 Likes

Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by happyeaster170: 11:15am On Jun 14, 2020
Poloyanabo2:
This issue of illegal buildings in urban areas is getting much, in my area the taskforce waited untill the building was finished before marking it out for demolition,
They should engage whistle blowers to report any illegal building sites...Its simple but i trust our politicians to overrate even the least of issues.
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by kyuniii(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2020
Welcome development
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by 0OooooooooooO0: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2020
SMH
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by ursullalinda(f): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2020
When money exchanges hands......they will be allowed to continue work......This gragra na for the media

14 Likes

Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by bagirajoseph(m): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2020
Its good like that,
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2020
on the infrastructural side of the state, Lagos is really developing and progressing.

nice job here.

1 Like

Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by flyingpig: 11:18am On Jun 14, 2020
Chai

That second House too fine to pull down oo

1 Like

Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Angelfrost(m): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2020
Poloyanabo2:

Well said!!!

They don't even need whistle blowers... There is a master plan of the city. Regular surveys and monitoring will easily spot these illegalities at their infant stages.... These people encourage this nonsense.

All you see above are just for media hype!!! Most of those buildings will never be demolished. Lots of gratification will be received and they will stand.

18 Likes

Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Galactico4ever(m): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2020
Issoright. No Demolitions Please
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Lyydia(f): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2020
I really hope they are not planning to demolish those buildings#
They shouldn't contribute to increase in suicide rate o. Pls
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2020
I will sue sanwo-olu to court if na me.
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by majamajic(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2020
Let me not comment my reserve
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Slymonster(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2020
All they need is the money they didn't get from the start
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by grimandevil: 11:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Painful
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by helinues: 11:23am On Jun 14, 2020
So many billions wasted on abandoned building in Banana Island
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Officialgarri: 11:24am On Jun 14, 2020
Poloyanabo2:
That's not how it works man. Those structures, towering up to 3 floors will never commence construction until the design is approved by the respective building development council.
Most of them get approval without proper vetting.

Now, the taskforce will be sent to that same site to mark the buildings for "illegal development".
A building owner will then be forced to panic and then will pay a sum to get rid of the red oxide paint mark.

It's all about corruption

5 Likes

Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by CyberEBOLA(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2020
Suicide is approved for the owner of thst second house.
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Think9ja(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2020
kiss
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by saheedbadmus(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2020
Hmm
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Cashsteady(m): 11:27am On Jun 14, 2020
Nice one from lag.. some ipob pigs will soon call it tribalism
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Person2person(m): 11:28am On Jun 14, 2020
ok
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by mofedamijo(m): 11:28am On Jun 14, 2020
Poloyanabo2:

Let us stop blaming the government for everything. Do you have an idea how many houses are been built in Lagos daily?? We Nigerians should learn to do the right thing. Before my peeps bought their land, they went to check if the place has been approved by the government, afterwards, they went to get a permit to start building from the local government and it was approved, the permit was given to us based on what we said we wanted to build, mind you, what you said you were gonna build needs to match what is on governments plan. You can't just go and build a 7 story house just because you have money, there is a plan/structure.

During the building of the house, the local government came over to check and they left (Amuwo odofin LG, Lagos). That structure has been there since 1998 and nobody has been there to disturb, not for once. In 2008 the local government came to mark some buildings in the same street for permit issues. Let us do the right thing and stop blaming the government every time.

Someone will go and build a 5 story building where it wasn't approved for it. You bribe the present government and they let you be. Then another government comes in and marks it for demolition, then you start crying foul, knowing fully well you have been told from the unset not to build a 5 story there. Lets stop bribing and do the right thing first.

8 Likes

Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2020
Remove fire.

1 Like

Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by loadedvibes: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2020
Oh wawu see some massive structures are you telling them to remove those structures or just the fence ?�

Anyway.. I have kids educational tablets for sale at very affordable price
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by mytime24(f): 11:29am On Jun 14, 2020
d mata off mi embarassed
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Blackmann001: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Time to seize igbo properties!
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by adesegun121(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Ok
Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by Joefat: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2020
I guess does people didn't go through normal process.. because I believe in this 21 century, before you start any build up at all. Get a survey plan, building plan and both approved by the government. Once you're done with that, I don't think there's coz for alarm. And once they can't approved it, one should no d place has been acquired by government or authority concerned.

2 Likes

Re: LASG seals 22 Buildings, Decries High Rate Of Illegal Development by sofiscatedmoron: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2020
Spare us these. Them never settle oga at the top thats all,
No be Today ,e don teh

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogunlewe: Northerners Benefited Nothing From Buhari’s Eight Years As President / Ganduje Orders Probe Of Kano Zoo’s ‘gorilla Swallowed N6.8m’ / Sowore Release ; I Fear NNAMDI KANU From Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.