Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. (1296 Views)

Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by dappyboy: 10:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Folks, sometimes in late 2018, my dad who was over 70 years was driving back home when all off a sudden said he tried to wee but couldn’t. He immediately called my elder brother and he told him to go to our family hospital. When he got there the doctor urgently passed a tube into his body and was able to get that urine out. Pardon me as I’m not well versed in the medical terminologies. But the family dr immediately said he would need to get some test done. I come from a family of 7 in which 4 of us are outside the country so we weren’t readily available to attend to our dad immediately.
However we were in touch with him and the eldest son to cut the long story short we decided that dad should be taken to the private suite in UCH for the test. When he got there they said professor in charge (Leading urologist) was not around as he travelled abroad, that we had to wait for him to advise on how to proceed. My dad has to wait for about one month to let this prof return. I spoke to my dad during this period and he was in high spirit considering the fact that this man went through a lot to make sure his kids were educated, it has been a very sad pill for me to swallow. When this prof came back he interpreted the test result and said he needs to do a surgery and said he’s going to do it the modern way. At this point we the kids put the funds together and send it to our brother at home. To my greatest surprise I later discovered this professor talked my brother into taking our dad out from UCH to a private clinic owned by his fellow crooks(doctor) in Ibadan to do the surgery and he took huge sum of money. In the process of doing this surgery they ruptured my dad’s kidney and did about 3 other emergency surgery and the man went into coma. In order to cover his tracks they had to rush the man back to ICU unit of UCH where the man later eventually gave up.
This happened in November 2018, I was totally devastated when I came home to bury my dad and each time I see him in the dream my he’s not pleased with how we handled the situation. Dad has no previous medical issue infact all the test he did before this surgery was perfect.This prof was never held accountable, as my brother did not press charges, neither did any of my other siblings even met this man. He took huge sum for this surgery as he saw an avenue to milk the kids claiming he’s the best in that field. I’m thinking about going to suing. The lawyers in the house please advise, is it too late?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by Mskrisx(f): 10:33am On Jun 14, 2020
Wow. This is so so sad.

1 Like

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by daniddan1999: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2020
Sue their ass and your stupid brother to court
That is if all you claim is true.

4 Likes

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by wingmanIII: 10:55am On Jun 14, 2020
Greed is the bane of Nigerians. It is a shame that doctors who swore to save lives are some of the greediest and most ruthless professionals in the country. Instead of saving lives, they now think of how to make big bucks from you. Such a shame.

2 Likes

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by CAPSLOCKED: 10:57am On Jun 14, 2020
WHEN YOU HAD FRESH EVIDENCE IN 2018 YOU DECIDED TO SLEEP OFF, NOW YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT SUING.
IF YOU KNOW HOW THESE MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS WORK AND COOPERATE TO COVER EACH OTHERS LOOPHOLES, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY IT'S NEVER EASY TO BEAT THEM IN COURT, ESPECIALLY THE RENOWNED ONES.
YOU CAN STILL TRY YOUR LUCK. BUT I DON'T THINK YOU WILL WIN.

6 Likes

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by tillaman(m): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2020
So sorry about your ordeal bro, it’s not my first time of reading about how these crooks cunningly transfer patients from Government hospitals to their own private hospitals, but the thing is you could have take this step the moment you sensed what went down!! It’s not too late to sue their arse though as long as you can back up your claim!!
Doctors like that shouldn’t be practicing they are the ones tainting the medical sector
Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by Karleb(m): 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
If you have money, always visit a reputable hospital either far or near, don't try startups for serious issues.
Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by Ningen(m): 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
It's never too late to seek for justice.

I encourage you to sue his arse even though it'll be a very tedious task. Bro, your late dad might not even be the only victim to this wickedness.

There might be others out there.
And unless you try, you'll never know.

No matter the outcome, you'll find solace in the fact that you didn't turn a blind eye. What more, the evil man will know that there are people out there watching him. So he'll be forced to repent or risk falling by the edge of the sword.

Research bro, research about him!
Also compile all your dad's medical records.

You need to prove that your dad went under the knife with two healthy kidneys & died as a result of organ rapture due to medical incompetence.

Goodluck man.

1 Like

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by femmoy(m): 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
instead of u and ur siblings to raise money and fly him out of the country for a comprehensive treatment,u decided to wait for a month for a doctor to return from travelling. u all killed the man and I'm sure he will not be happy with u. when he died,u guys could come home for his burial but not when he's alive,now u want to sue the doctor for a mistake u made? u better not waste ur time and efforts.

5 Likes

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by dappyboy: 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
femmoy:
instead of u and ur siblings to raise money and fly him out of the country for a comprehensive treatment,u decided to wait for a month for a doctor to return from travelling. u all killed the man and I'm sure he will not be happy with u. when he died,u guys could come home for his burial but not when he's alive,now u want to sue the doctor for a mistake u made? u better not waste ur time and efforts.

It was in the core winter and he was not willing to travel in the cold. He had a valid visa.

2 Likes

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by SweetCunt97(f): 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
The brother is to be blamed. I'm sure he wanted to stow some money for himself to agree to such nonsense.

1 Like

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by HoliMaree: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
One thing I find disgusting about our medical doctors is the extent of greed they display. They are about embarking on strike for increase in pay, meanwhile many of them have private hospitals where they refer patients to. These days if you don't have money one isn't accorded as much attention as those who do, even some connive with chemists and refer you to get certain drugs from particular pharmacies due to commission. I can go on but let me hold my peace. RIP, let go, don't worry

1 Like

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by Modupetemmy1(f): 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
it is never too late in as much as you have enough evidence, I am still waiting for the right time to sue luth.
Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by Uyi168: 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Many hospitals in Nigeria are a death trap..
If u go and return safety, u have no idea what your good head has done for u..

1 Like

Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by TheArchangel(f): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
If it is possible to provide the timeline of his condition, diagnosis, name of the surgery and investigations carried out on your dad , the medical experts here will help to decide whether you have a case or not.
Sorry for your loss.
Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by boldon: 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
There was nothing wrong in taking ur dad to a private hospital because if you see the list of patients on waiting list of the surgery ( prostatectomy) in UCH, u will be the one begging to do it outside UCh. There a lot of elderly men with prostate enlargement with very few urologist trained for that surgery. Go to any teaching hospital in Nigeria its same story. And again, in all surgeries there are complications that follows such even death on the table has been recorded. I had an uncle with such issue with ur dad. He saw a urologist on February of 2018, his surgery date was slated to occur in april of 2019. We decided to do it at a private hospital by the same surgeon u are referring to. He is a professor and has so many years of experience in that field. Infact he is one of the best u can get here in nigeria. My uncles surgery was very successful. I want you to ask ur brother what exactly happened in uch before going to the private hospital, I beleive its because of wo many on the waiting list. Am sorry about your dad passing. But will like to advice again that this Nigeria, it's not like abroad where u get justice easily thru the court. Dont waste you energy and money. That's all I've to say
Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by Motirayo2018(f): 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sorry for your loss bro.
My daughter went through some things similar in uch but I thank God she made it out live.

When I confronted the consultant I was told they never promise me 100percent success in the surgery..

I was also remember i sign consent form.

Don't bother yourself to Sue them
Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by thorpido(m): 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
So sorry about your dad's death.
Honestly,you guys should have pooled funds together and moved your dad abroad especially because the doctor he was to see was not around.You should have convinced him it was the best for him.
Getting an early surgery date at UCH is difficult and most times you may need to use a private hospital to get it done on time.I won't lie most government doctors take advantage of that.
Surgeries generally are not a 100% safe.Anything could go wrong even with the most experienced hands.Your dad's case just happened to be one of them.
On the issue of suing,you could go ahead but the chances of getting anything out of it is slim......the time lag,the fact that it was a qualified doctor who did the surgery and in a registered hospital,the fact that some colleagues could cover up and the slow court system in Nigeria.
Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by Femolacaster(m): 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
boldon:
There was nothing wrong in taking ur dad to a private hospital because if you see the list of patients on waiting list of the surgery ( prostatectomy) in UCH, u will be the one begging to do it outside UCh. There a lot of elderly men with prostate enlargement with very few urologist trained for that surgery. Go to any teaching hospital in Nigeria its same story. And again, in all surgeries there are complications that follows such even death on the table has been recorded. I had an uncle with such issue with ur dad. He saw a urologist on February of 2018, his surgery date was slated to occur in april of 2019. We decided to do it at a private hospital by the same surgeon u are referring to. He is a professor and has so many years of experience in that field. Infact he is one of the best u can get here in nigeria. My uncles surgery was very successful. I want you to ask ur brother what exactly happened in uch before going to the private hospital, I beleive its because of wo many on the waiting list. Am sorry about your dad passing. But will like to advice again that this Nigeria, it's not like abroad where u get justice easily thru the court. Dont waste you energy and money. That's all I've to say
Thank aGod for the successful surgery. About the top urologic professor you were referring to, is it Prof Shittu or Prof Okeke?
Re: How A Professor(dr) At UCH Killed My Dad. by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
WHEN YOU HAD FRESH EVIDENCE IN 2018 YOU DECIDED TO SLEEP OFF, NOW YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT SUING.
IF YOU KNOW HOW THESE MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS WORK AND COOPERATE TO COVER EACH OTHERS LOOPHOLES, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY IT'S NEVER EASY TO BEAT THEM IN COURT, ESPECIALLY THE RENOWNED ONES.
YOU CAN STILL TRY YOUR LUCK. BUT I DON'T THINK YOU WILL WIN.
this is about justice. He should still try because the patients medical history will be consulted and questions would be raised as to why he was taken to a private facility

(1) (Reply)

A Generation That Has Built Everything About Itself On Sex Is Fighting Over Dna. / Try Watching Comedies With The Family / Affordable Handmade Palm Slippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.