Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic (2708 Views)

Haiti: Martina Moise Connived With Police Chief To Murder Husband - Judge / Japan Police Chief, Nakamura Resigns Over Assassination Of Shinzo Abe / The Moment Japan Ex-PM, Shinzo Abe Was Shot (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
optm:
how come you are not condeming the unprofessional act of the police in killing an unarmed man but rather blaming the man for being killed ? This is so so wrong . If it were an untrained man holding the gun and doing this, probably we could have attributed it to impulsive firing but here is a professional who has been trained on how to respond in different situations and decides to act this way nd u see nothing wrong but rather blame the victim ? your judgement is very flawed

Bro what the police did is called act of defence!
It's not an intentional killings as the explorers article depicted.
Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by optm(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
tescoman90:

From the above grin

Imagine what you said ?
A drunken man with a weapon try to escape the police by pointing the weapon at them.
After punching the same police on his face.
But before I move on ..........HOW U TAKE KNOW WHATS ON HIS MIND?
grin
the question here is what weapon ? A taser, that isnt lethal .

1 Like

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by optm(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
tescoman90:

shooting to kill when there isnt threat to life isnt an act of self defence to a cop. Like i stated earlier that they had other options nd the use of lethal force wasnt necessary

1 Like

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Abbeybailey(m): 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
tescoman90:

Now I know how biased your are with your article.
Have you watched the link video I pasted.?
Who told you he was unarmed?
He punched the police man.
Grabbed his teaser and ran.
While running he turned around to shoot the teaser and he was shot!

PLEASE WATCH MY video LINK
You do not shoot someone running away from you . That's the way it is in policing in America.
Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by mank1234(m): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
This post is not about NPF.
The officers are already receiving punishment no matter how mild it may appear. That should suggest to you that they are guilty according to their law.

tescoman90:

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Explorers(m): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
optm:
shooting to kill when there isnt threat to life isnt an act of self defence to a cop. Like i stated earlier that they had other options nd the use of lethal force wasnt necessary

How we comprehend sometimes differs, some does from behind or underneath.

What the guy did was wrong, you don't struggle or argue with these cops. Just do as they they say most especially if you're coloured.

He wrestled, grabbed officers teasers, that's wrong.

Still, shooting him dead is not the next option. The teaser he pointed at them can't kill them.

Ive see many videos of white dudes, resisting arrest, struggling/wrestling/punching officers.

One of the videos i attached here, one dude fought and overpowered two officers, he grabbed their guns and drove away their ford. Another one attacked officers with axe.

They don't shoot them most times, rather, they call for backup.

A black guy was shot in the chest early this year threatening officers with just a rubber bat.

They shot one white guy holding a gun, but after warning and begging him for almost 30mins with squad of cops.

See these videos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBJk-W0h6er/?igshid=6uzyj4pt8eh7

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAvXmFeBVry/?igshid=wou7rjb6w7y1
Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Abbeybailey:
You do not shoot someone running away from you . That's the way it is in policing in America.

After assaulting you and stealing your weapon?

What I can deduce from this is that people are judging by playing the race card.

PEACE
Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Explorers:

How we comprehend sometimes differs.

What the guy did was wrong, you don't struggle or argue with these cops. Just do as they they say.

Still, shooting him dead is not the next option. The teaser he pointed at them can't kill them.

Ive see many videos of white dudes, resisting arrest, struggling/wrestling/punching officers.

One of the videos i attached here, one dude fought and overpowered two officers, he grabbed their guns and drove away their ford. Another one attacked officers with axe.

A black guy was shot in the chest early this year threatening officers with just a rubber bat.

They shot one white guy holding a gun, but after warning and begging him for almost 30mins with squad of cops.

See these videos:

Bro wat if it was a gun pointed at the police?
What should be the option for them?
Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Abbeybailey(m): 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
tescoman90:

After assaulting you and stealing your weapon?

What I can deduce from this is that people are judging by playing the race card.

PEACE
Obviosly You don't know how things work in America. He was sleeping in his car and even if he's drunk, you do not arrest him. Tell him he couldn't drive and impound his car. Taser is not going to kill the officers because he's running away from them. You do not shoot someone running away in the back. Point black. If he was white, he would still be alive.

3 Likes

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by optm(m): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
Explorers:

What the guy did was wrong, you don't struggle or argue with these cops. Just do as they they say most especially if you're coloured.

See these videos:

very well written. no doubt these aggressions at blacks are deliberate and needs to be addressed
Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by optm(m): 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
tescoman90:

this isnt the case here

1 Like

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Explorers(m): 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
tescoman90:

That's a gun bro, not teaser.

A guy was shot for threatening officers with rubber lawn tennis bat.

Almost 4 officers against rubber bat

As an officer, ive been trained to disarm/detain people with weapons (not guns).

As an officer, even if you hit me with that plastic bat, i cant die, shooting him isn't the next option for me. I have baton, i have teaser.

Back to the topic, i can call for backup, he left behind a white Toyota Camry which i believe there will be registration/documents having his data.

Worst case, i can shoot his ass as he was running, that won't kill him.

1 Like

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by somehow: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
people defending the cops here have issues!

there is no way you can validate their actions

if they were right, the police chief won't have resigned!

2 Likes

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by 1Sharon(f): 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
The shooting was justified !!
Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Hookups(m): 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
drips8:

Yeah, many blacks are targeted by the police for simply existing. If it was a white man, this wouldn't have happened. Police brutality cases are always against minorities especially black people.

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by jumper524(m): 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
AS A BLACK MAN IN AMERICA, IF YOU RESIST ARREST AND FIGHT THE POLICE LIKE THAT, YOU'LL HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME IF YOU GET SHOT AND KILLED.
them go kill you one day and one ediot like you go justify am.

3 Likes

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Penpaddie: 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
light099:
Blacks hate/kill Blacks;
Whites hate/kill Blacks;
Asians hate/kill Blacks;
Arabs hate/kill Blacks;
Even Latino-skinned hates/kills Blacks.

Are we the only race on earth for fck sake? Why always Blacks entangled in life-long assaults/abuses from within and without? Why? That is how it has always been, and now is and likely to continue till the end of time.
Black race always the victim of situations, time and circumstances.

The real problem is with the Blacks and not the other people.
The Black race chose rogue lifestyle, it chose ignorance, it chose mediocrity, it chose criminality, it chose bad image, it chose thuggery. Yet most times we're proud of our bad behaviours. Which sane people would ascribe any importance to a thug race?
Sane Black freedom fighters like Martin Luther Jr would be disappointed in the crop of rogue race they sacrificed their lives for.
Some times when i watch 'Boyz and the hood', i feel like crying, pathetic set of people black in skin and brain. Even more pathetic to discover that black Africans are even worse. No technology, no development, no education, nothing. Nothing good to show the rest of the world, nothing to make them envious about us, just some proud, gullible race ruled by dull greedy leaders, who squander the money stolen on gadgets, cars and then pssy. Tell me, who takes such a race serious?

These whites are racists, agreed, but then, do we deserve any better treatment? In what way have we made ourselves a race to reckon with? When you present yourself to the world as piece of shiit, don't expect to be treated like a platter of gold.
You are sounding like someone with an inferiority complex

3 Likes

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Appleyard(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
Explorers:

See these videos:

You are wasting your time trying to educate stupids.

Policing in America is a different ball game for whites compared to blacks in terms of application. In America, you're more likely to be killed as a Blackman than any where else in the world. The land of the free my asss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by DonroxyII: 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2020
light099:
Blacks hate/kill Blacks;
Whites hate/kill Blacks;
Asians hate/kill Blacks;
Arabs hate/kill Blacks;
Even Latino-skinned hates/kills Blacks.

When you present yourself to the world as piece of shiit, don't expect to be treated like a platter of gold.
Word .... Exactly !
Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
light099:

When you present yourself to the world as piece of shiit, don't expect to be treated like a platter of gold.

Even when 22-year-old Jesse Owens won gold medals in the long jump, the 100- and 200-metre dashes, and the 4 x 100-metre relay at the Berlin Olympics in 1933. Becoming the first American track and field athlete to win four gold medals at a single Olympic Games.

JESSE OWEN WAS STILL TREATED AS SH!T BY HIS COUNTRY, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DESPITE WINNING FOUR GOLD MEDALS IN A SINGLE OLYMPICS GAMES.

Franklin Roosevelt, the then President of United States of America never publicly acknowledged Owens’s triumphs—or the triumphs of any of the 18 African Americans who competed at the Berlin Olympics. Only white Olympians were invited to the White House in 1936.

I have painted a perspective on a platter of gold. Your question below indeed runs very, very, very deep. !!!

light099:

Are we the only race on earth for fck sake? Why always Blacks entangled in life-long assaults/abuses from within and without? Why? That is how it has always been, and now is and likely to continue till the end of time.
Black race always the victim of situations, time and circumstances.

Truely a food for thought.

2 Likes

Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by IamPlato(m): 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
This Is Not Racism, there Is More To This. I Will Find Out
Re: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic by Sparrow0: 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
The thing is these excuses keep changing; he shouldn't have run, he shouldn't have argue with the police, he shouldn't have had a gun in his car, he shouldn't have resisted arrest, he shouldn't have dressed like a gangster, he shouldn't have this, he shouldn't have that, bla bla bla...

The truth is if you're black in America you have high risk of getting killed by a racist cop. Forget those stupid excuses they makeup later to get away with their unlawful actions.

Some AAs sef don't value their lives, if they do they'll stop killing themselves.

Wanna stay alive in America? Stay at home! Periodt!

BTW why's no one talking about this guy below cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

30 Taliban Fighters Killed As They're Ambushed By Resistance Rebels 'NEVER Bow T / Thousands Of N. Koreans Rallied, Support Leader Kim Against U.S. Threats(photos) / Two Police Officers Caught Having Sex On Duty - Suspended Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.