Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,082 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Does Jumia Have The Right? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does Jumia Have The Right? (474 Views)

Jumia have delivered my Tablet I complain about yesterday on Nairaland / Jumia Moves Farther From Profit, Posts USD 61 Million Loss In Six Months / How Long Does Overseas Shipment From JUMIA Takes To Arrive Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Jumia Have The Right? by boyjo: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2020
Good day,

A close pal of mine recently opened q Seller account with Jumia and I noiced that her BVN was required.

Please, does Jumia have the right to request BVN from sellers as one of their requirements?

You also need to submit your account details and that is understandable; to get paid. For payment purposes.

But BVN is so personal.
In fact too personal.
Is this right?

Regulatory personal in the house, kindly shed more light.

It is a recent move by them and I noticed it during the covid 19.

They have been doing business with sellers and paying sellers all these years without BVN, why the sudden request for a BVN?
Re: Does Jumia Have The Right? by Taeewo(m): 11:11am On Jun 14, 2020
How is BVN personal? You only need to release it to a trusted and registered organization that wont compromised you privacy.

If na private why u come dey release am to open account from other bank?

Search Ayo Fayose BVN on Google.If BVN is private,EFCC will never published it..
Re: Does Jumia Have The Right? by boyjo: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Taeewo:
How is BVN personal? You only need to release it to a trusted and registered organization that wont compromised you privacy.

If na private why u come dey release am to open account from other bank?

Search Ayo Fayose BVN on Google.If BVN is private,EFCC will never published it..

Oga, BVN is personal.

We concern me concern Ayo Fayose??
Re: Does Jumia Have The Right? by kryptochats: 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
it is but organizations need it to confirm your identity its a norm! not a big deal
Re: Does Jumia Have The Right? by boyjo: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
kryptochats:
it is but..
I think I prefer this your response to that Jumia worker above own.

But asking for BVN is a recent introduction by Jumia
They have survived years without it.
Why the sudden interest in people's BVN.
Re: Does Jumia Have The Right? by Taeewo(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
boyjo:

Oga, BVN is personal.

We run concern me corn Ayo Fayose??
Okay you win and i loose.
Re: Does Jumia Have The Right? by boyjo: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
Taeewo:
Okay you win and i loose.

Ahahaha...no o.
We must argue o. Back and forth, round and roundgrin
Re: Does Jumia Have The Right? by boyjo: 10:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ehn Jumia. What right do you have to ask for BVN?

(1) (Reply)

PROMO: Get Engaging Instagram Followers Today. Limited Offer / Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View / Fire Inferno At Mds Market, Osogbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.